DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

RookieOne said:
care to find it for us ?

I would love to see that tease
Arguably a Finland tease more than a car one. It was from Jon, who's probably less able to 'hint' than Paul or Lee (or Carla, hint hint).

RookieOne said:
care to find it for us ?

Can't find it. Sorry. I'm sure somebody else here saw it as well though. It might have meant nothing, but as the Focus now basically is confirmed, who knows ;)

pupazzo said:
RookieOne said:
care to find it for us ?

https://instagram.com/p/57jNpmnF7V/

Thank you sir. Have a virtual cookie.

dwkGravey said:
RodgerDavies said:

I'm as sick as anyone as reading "No Evo yet, CM hatez uz" threads on Steam
Good Lord why are you reading Steam forums? :#
Ha, I wonder that myself sometimes. It used to be a unique source of info from Lee, but now I take a role of de-facto moderator and correct a lot of wrong assumptions where possible. I've seen the damage that Steam can do to great games (with R3E) so like to think answering the odd question or dispelling the odd troll will help in a little way.

Inevitably it doesn't. Consider me a troll baiter.

dwkGravey said:
RodgerDavies said:

I'm as sick as anyone as reading "No Evo yet, CM hatez uz" threads on Steam
Good Lord why are you reading Steam forums? :#
Ha, I wonder that myself sometimes. It used to be a unique source of info from Lee, but now I take a role of de-facto moderator and correct a lot of wrong assumptions where possible. I've seen the damage that Steam can do to great games (with R3E) so like to think answering the odd question or dispelling the odd troll will help in a little way.

Inevitably it doesn't. Consider me a troll baiter.
Ha, well my hat is off to you and your patience. One of the reasons I have a lot of respect for community managers. This forum and the /r/dirtgame subreddit are actually the first time in years that I've registered for anything beyond the one other gaming forum I post in. There's a big angry Internet out there, and I'm too old for it.

There are some cool people there too, but overall too much trash, I agree. Still entertaining sometimes, most notably when some weird user was temporarily banned for repeated verbal abuse, and then went nuts and fought a personal war against others with messages delivered through another (neutral) user, which resulted in a permaban.

Wall of Hero's

https://www.facebook.com/RallyAmerica/posts/909184649162862

Maybe cut off the bottom row (Seb. Leob) too many wins for him!

how many will reach DR?  

[OFF. IGNORE] my comments box there seems to be a bug, a draft that never get out of there. I'm sending this to see if it comes out.

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/653494997187227648

Not the Lancer Evo 6 but other Lancer? Or some other kind of Evo (like Audi Sport quattro E(volution)2)?

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/653494272826712064

New class with Ford Focus '07 and maybe this?

So are we saying we'll get a group N class?

Not sure why I think that won't happen?

Based on Paul's actually quite candid answers, what are speculating from that newer Focus and an Evo?

Well, if it's not the Evo everyone wants, then we can rule out  Makkinen's championship winning Lancers. This leaves us with Group N Evos, which honestly I don't see coming, in fact, I don't see Group N coming at all. It also leaves us with the Lancers that raced in the first half of the new millennium decade. Now the 2004 and 2005 WRC Lancers were not "Evos", they were based on the more standard road Lancers. This leaves only one possibility. My bet is this one (for the 2000s class):

Oh yeah, and I think the Focus 06 will be in the 2000s class too, since it's the 06-07 one and the 2000s class covers 00 to 09.

Well, if it's not the Evo everyone wants, then we can rule out  Makkinen's championship winning Lancers. This leaves us with Group N Evos, which honestly I don't see coming, in fact, I don't see Group N coming at all. It also leaves us with the Lancers that raced in the first half of the new millennium decade. Now the 2004 and 2005 WRC Lancers were not "Evos", they were based on the more standard road Lancers. This leaves only one possibility. My bet is this one (for the 2000s class):

Exatcly, it would be a great addition to the 2000s class indeed

I'm not so familiar with the classes and changes since basically 2000 :(

We know there will be  new class introduced. 

We know there is an 07 Focus.

We also know it's very unlikely (from game play perspective) that it will be in the current 2000s class.

We know there will be an evo.

We know it won't be the one everyone is asking for (which one is that?)

We all doubt, but do not know that the new class is group N.

pupazzo said:

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/653494997187227648

Not the Lancer Evo 6 but other Lancer? Or some other kind of Evo (like Audi Sport quattro E(volution)2)?
I like this reply:

https://twitter.com/kevinmadine/status/653613774625239040

My bet: Carisma. (Not really.) (But it'd be funny.)