DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

https://twitter.com/BrySkyeGaming/status/654345994021306368
https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/654559257002700800

Something that's even more of a handful than the quattro still to come then.

dwkGravey said:
BrySkye said:
Something that's even more of a handful than the quattro still to come then.
I hope it's the S1 E2 22B!

No... it's the 22B S1 2E!

The S1 E2  22B was a myth.

:D

bogani said:
https://youtu.be/iHgsQJ6_75o

WRC should take note, this is how their onboards should look like. Now we get dull dashcams with horrible quality.
I always liked this one because of the display:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36-KbFKTgSE

I miss the roof/vent cam myself.

That'll be the 911 then?  :)

Body is 911 characters too short

KevM said:
That'll be the 911 then?  :)

I see what you did there.
I am also very curious about this #ThatOTHERcar since, well, its the only other car to be hashtagged.

Benniz said:
@Rallycameraman If you have put some money aside, upgrade to a Thrustmaster T500 RS instead, a great upgrade from the Logitech G25 :)
I have money put aside, but unfortunately it's to take part for real next year ;)

We know what is being referenced by 'the other car' ?

Nope, which is why I've stuck it in this gossip thread. :)
At the time I guessed the Pikes Peak version of the quattro, which was shot down despite turning up soon after.
After Pikes Peak was released, I asked if it was the 205 PP, since that was (and probably still is) the most evil car in the game and by some margin.
Paul still said that wasn't it. Also wasn't the 037

This took ENTIRELY too much digging, scrolling through Paul's entire tweets & replies list until mid-May but finally found the original tweets
https://twitter.com/BrySkyeGaming/status/600005881804300289

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/600012837348597761

I wonder, could the "Evo" that is not what everyone wants actually be the Audi Quattro S1 Evo 2 and not be in any way related to Mitsubishi? But wait a second, who doesn't want the Quatto S1 E2? #ThatCar is like a Holy Grail for rally fans so it can't be it...

Benniz said:
@Rallycameraman If you have put some money aside, upgrade to a Thrustmaster T500 RS instead, a great upgrade from the Logitech G25 :)
I have money put aside, but unfortunately it's to take part for real next year ;)
@Rallycameraman 
Lord help those you compete against!  At least your G25 is done so some others can have a chance at the top :)

Sorry that we are not going to see you around so much..

Judging by the way CM talks about #thisothercar I assume it's either some very legendary, or some pretty mad one. 
Going the mad way one springs to my mind although its a hillclimber: The Suzuki SX4 Monster with 900+hp

The other way, assuming its no Mitsubishi, it's either the other quattro, another legendary Subaru or maybe it's some more modern car. Maybe they are refering to the VW Polo WRC as it dominates the WRC currently. 
Or.... think of the very very first teaser picture related to Dirt Rally that came from codemasters? It was the rear wing of the (then) newly announced WRX STI '15 ..... so maybe the car is the new NR4 WRX STI (assuming they introduce NR4 or R4 or R?) OR and now comes the most unlikely but also my personal favorite: David Higgings WRX STI '15 he currently uses in the Rally America. But since that doesn't fit any class AFAIK its unlikely. 

SkyRex said:
Judging by the way CM talks about #thisothercar I assume it's either some very legendary, or some pretty mad one. 
Going the mad way one springs to my mind although its a hillclimber: The Suzuki SX4 Monster with 900+hp

The other way, assuming its no Mitsubishi, it's either the other quattro, another legendary Subaru or maybe it's some more modern car. Maybe they are refering to the VW Polo WRC as it dominates the WRC currently. 
Or.... think of the very very first teaser picture related to Dirt Rally that came from codemasters? It was the rear wing of the (then) newly announced WRX STI '15 ..... so maybe the car is the new NR4 WRX STI (assuming they introduce NR4 or R4 or R?) OR and now comes the most unlikely but also my personal favorite: David Higgings WRX STI '15 he currently uses in the Rally America. But since that doesn't fit any class AFAIK its unlikely. 
@SkyRex 

So you remember that too?  I could never find that tweet, to confirm what I saw.  The only way it would be done proper for rally is the Vermont Sportscar version:

I know everyone here is going to think I am biased about RallyAmerica, blah blah blah.. but really this is the only '15 that has been done right for rally currently.  Widebody and all.  

Now see what you started. :wink: 

macebig said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSXbwOkPOlo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLN-AbEfa38
So....A nice old fact.CMR2.0 had two different liveries for Subaru Impreza (albeit in different versions).One version (EU and JAP?) had Arai's Spike livery ad the other(US?) had the official one.Just a small off topic historical fact.

Sure? One is Arcade, and one is rally. There was some other skins in the Arcade if I don't recall completely wrong. Also, I had the EU version, and I had normal Impreza in rallying.

gfRally said:
I know everyone here is going to think I am biased about RallyAmerica, blah blah blah.. but really this is the only '15 that has been done right for rally currently.  Widebody and all.  
As biased as I am about the Canadian Rally Championship... you're right. :#

Me gusta.

gfRally said:
Benniz said:
@Rallycameraman 
Lord help those you compete against!
Can you compete in a different class to us please?

@dwkGravey 

Can we have BOTH?  :smiley: I was a little surprised that Antoine's car wasn't setup the same, but I think there is a little difference in funds?  I am happy that he has been able to come to some RA events to compete still.  

Anyhow, there where some pix of the Polo tweeted too, still not sure if that is going to show up.  Not sure how the relationships where made via WRX with the manufactures, obviously FIA was involved in a 'blanket' license.  It would be good if they worked directly with them, though and made some allies.

https://youtu.be/4EJLjhKXnqc

Well, well, well... we see who go (stole?) some of the license from Codemasters.  Toyota, Renault, Citroen and Mitsubishi have played nice with Milestone.

This is especially disappointing about Toyota

Interesting liveries too.

Oh and the game isn't sounding all that bad, anything could be better than WRC5 now.

Not supporting that at all if they've been exclusively licensing manufacturers (and presumably paying a premium to do so); if they don't believe that their product can compete without doing so they are not having any of my money.

That looks 10 million times more interesting than WRC 5, & despite my history of disappointment with Milestone rally games, id nearly give that a rattle.

They won't have been getting exclusivity. As I pointed out many times, Toyota are still playing nice with every other developer out there, so there were obviously factors involved that we just don't know about, be it Codies making a bad choice of which channels to go through, financial compensation (too much money for too few cars) or who knows what else.
Milestone also just don't have the capital to go about a whole lot of exclusivity. If they did, they would be proclaiming it very loudly as a selling point. They aren't being shy about that.
They probably do, however, have a bigger budget to work with compared to DiRT Rally, since they are releasing a multi-format game with all that lovely potential console money.
It's utterly pointless trying to make Toyota or other car makers out as some kind of villain when we don't know a whole lot of the story.

We don't even know if anything might have changed in that regard in the last four or so months, with Paul dropping hints about new cars in the prototyping phase, despite there not being a whole lot of time left to finish them. Cars they might have already had source files to work from?