DiRTy Gossip

R4? To be honest I'm actually a little bit dissapointed. Are there other cars in R4 than the impreza and lancer IX and X? Or am i too jaded of playing those bad WRC games which only had those 3 cars. Please prove me wrong.

If R4 is confirmed I think we can assume that there will be also an R1,R2,R3 and perhaps R5 class :D thats positive news!

I actually wanted the Evo IV =P

R4 is definitely it's own class, That's the case for all of the other 'win a championship' achievements.
I'd say it's highly unlikely that v1, ie, Winter Wonderland, is going to add more than one car class, if any.
With R4, we're probably looking at all the car classes the game will have for the foreseeable future.

R4 is like an S2000 right?  Pretty much a non-turbo version of the WRC car?  I'm not too keen on all the different classes.

griev0r said:
R4 is like an S2000 right?  Pretty much a non-turbo version of the WRC car?  I'm not too keen on all the different classes.
Thats R5 @griev0r 

griev0r said:
R4 are the same as the N4 production cars but included within the Group R classes.
It's the R5 that are similar to S2000, but with a bit lower displacement and a turbocharger.

macebig said:
chukonu said:
R4 from the periodic table has:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Subaru Impreza WRX STi N14

We'll probably only see the IX, since the Evo X is the one that everyone wanted, no?
Nope,Evo 6,5 was the one everyone wanted so 10 is in plus JRM N15or14
I'm kind of more of a fan of the IX rather than X. Oh well, still a Lancer Evo, so not gonna complain :D

dgeesi0 said:
hmmm so is it guess work or is beta team saying what it is :D
The achievements that were numbers now have titles and descriptions which are freely visable

154 › Hello? Is it me you R looking 4?
Win a Championship in a R4 vehicle

155 › The Only Way is Up
Finish in the Top Tier of a Hillclimb Daily in Online Events

156 › Turtley Awesome
Beat the Delta Time in a Delta Daily in Online Events

157 > Owned
Finish in the Top Tier of the Owners Club Daily in Online Events

There's been no community test for 0.9 as of yet. Personally, I'm not really expecting one either.

I was happy with the selection we already had in like 0.6. Every new car is a bonus.

I'd rather have R4 than R5. R5's are too closely related to the WRC cars.

I'd also love to have the former Super 1600 JWRC class instead of R2's.

bogani said:
I'd rather have R4 than R5. R5's are too closely related to the WRC cars.

I'd also love to have the former Super 1600 JWRC class instead of R2's.
R5 too close to WRC? Why?
Ford and Citroën have R5 cars closely related to their WRC cars but the R5's from Peugeot, Skoda and now Mitsubishi have no connection to any WRC car. I loved seeing them (Peugeot and Skoda) pass by at full speed during the Ypres Rally. They look stunning.

I'd like to see the S1600 cars and their screaming sound in the game though.

BrySkye said:
dgeesi0 said:
hmmm so is it guess work or is beta team saying what it is :D
The achievements that were numbers now have titles and descriptions which are freely visable

154 › Hello? Is it me you R looking 4?
Win a Championship in a R4 vehicle

155 › The Only Way is Up
Finish in the Top Tier of a Hillclimb Daily in Online Events

156 › Turtley Awesome
Beat the Delta Time in a Delta Daily in Online Events

157 > Owned
Finish in the Top Tier of the Owners Club Daily in Online Events

There's been no community test for 0.9 as of yet. Personally, I'm not really expecting one either.

cheers.i last looked at achievements and they were just the numbers.

i wonder if we will get the colin mcrae R4. that was in Dirt 2 maybe thats possible.

dgeesi0 said:
i wonder if we will get the colin mcrae R4. that was in Dirt 2 maybe thats possible.
When they were releasing the Steamworks version of DiRT 3, they mentioned that it couldn't be done for DiRT 2 due to having to renew licenses to do that. Don't remember if that was the only reason, but it could mean we won't be seeing that particular car in DR.

OzoreXS said:
TuliRally said:
OzoreXS said:
If R4 is comming I´m happy with that.

it continues the non WRC journey of Dirt Rally, becoming it even more rally "generalist"... I love this.

More car classes and weird/unknown tracks are welcome :)
Agree. It's not bad at all if D:R is covering more rally in genaral (smaller classes and lesser known rallies) than tries copy only wrc as best as it can.

Somekind of "start your little rally team from your garage" to accompany all this would be even greater
Oh yeah, something like Grid 1 no?
It would be house mark too.

The RPG part would be improved and some players satisfied.

...even MUCH better.. xD... I bet you remember "TOCA Race Driver" AKA "Pro Race Driver". I would not mind "to be" Ryan McKane again! :) :) :)
Story mode with that old Mentor guy from Toca race driver 3 in D:R.. let me think.
Take my money... Now!! :smiley: 

am i the only one that hated toca games ? :Di have them still but i still hated them.

dgeesi0 said:
I may have misinterpreted your post, but I don't believe there is any connection between the McRae R4 and the R4 car class, so it won't be part of that.

The McRae R4 was around before well before the "R" car classes were introduced.

G37L057 said:
dgeesi0 said:
When they were releasing the Steamworks version of DiRT 3, they mentioned that it couldn't be done for DiRT 2 due to having to renew licenses to do that. Don't remember if that was the only reason, but it could mean we won't be seeing that particular car in DR.
Licenses are time limited. When the license runs out, the game can no longer be produced.
Not so much of a problem with physical copes where the production run typically ends well before the license deal, but with digital games it means once the license expires and is not renewed, the game is just completely withdrawn from sale. Can't buy it any more.
If the license has expired, a re-release means having to re-new the license for that specific game.
With older games, this is often considered to be a waste of money as demand for the game itself is expected to be pretty low.
This is why the original DiRT and DiRT 2 are not longer available to buy on Steam, but it doesn't have any impact at all on DiRT 3 or DiRT Rally.
It's on a game-by-game basis.
Let's put it this way. Toyota is still licensed in DiRT 3, though it's not in DiRT Rally.

It's one of the biggest downsides of switching to digital distribution. Games get withdrawn from sale all the time.

In other news there is a survey on the codemasters Facebook page all about the future of racing games, and it was all focused around dirt