DiRTy Gossip

We do already have a ds3 in the rallycross, although they could only get the licence for the c4 in dirt 3 and not the ds3

WRC 1-4 and many of the recent titles (AC Unity, Batman Arkham Knight on PC, THPS5) taught me never to buy on release date and for the full price. Except for DiRT Rally! :D
Technically  DiRT Rally hasn't been released yet and also it's not yet at it's full price either :D 

I bet for the C4. Paul said he favourite car of this pack is the "red one", so I think it could be the C4 with Red Bull or Total livery. I still hope for a DS3, Polo or i20. 
When you think of a red rally car from the time period, its probably going to be either the Peugeot 206, 307, Mitsubishi Lancer or Total Citroen C4.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't get too excited about a car release pack too much.  We have so many great rally cars already of all different types throughout the years.  More than enough diversity IMO, don't get me wrong the more the better but... I'd 100% like more stages and new features instead but hey, maybe I'm just being a negative nancy.

We're getting a few new features, like manual lights and wipers.
We also might be getting the all-gravel version of Pikes Peak. Wouldn't have thought it would land with Winter Wonderland.

Besides, we need something besides engineer contracts to spend money on.
Stages require a significantly larger investment of time to research and make than cars.
It's not like we're getting a car pack instead of new stages.

Hopefully with the launch of the all gravel Pikes Peak they'll give us the ability to take all the cars up it too. I hate the current PP cars. 

Hopefully with the launch of the all gravel Pikes Peak they'll give us the ability to take all the cars up it too. I hate the current PP cars. 
V2 Pikes Peak cars ;)

KickUp said:
V2 Pikes Peak cars ;)

That might tempt me back up that hill... The 205pp with V2! *shudders*

KickUp said:
V2 Pikes Peak cars ;)
I thought they were coming in November update. Well I look forward to trying them out then. 

KickUp said:
V2 Pikes Peak cars ;)
@KickUp  Does that V2 includes the fix for the horrendously long gear change as well (when using sequential)? Especially noticeable on the Quattro.

Thing about the current PP cars is they have tons of grip and downforce but instead of losing grip gradually it goes from 100% to 0% in an instant.
I think reducing the downforce and having the more gradual grip transitions in v2 will actually make them more drivable.
Potentially slower on paper, but faster in practice.
Plus, of course, the three cars we have were specifically tailored to the all gravel course.
Even in v1, the cars feel much much nicer on the gravel sections.

Assuming it's still happening, I would expect being able to take the other cars up Pikes Peak will happen when they are all v2

Maybe Pikes Peak all gravel, will be a DLC free bonus after the release?  Free FREE! to all you DLC haters out there.  

G37L057 said:
KickUp said:
V2 Pikes Peak cars ;)
@KickUp  Does that V2 includes the fix for the horrendously long gear change as well (when using sequential)? Especially noticeable on the Quattro.
That is one of the things we'll be looking at

KickUp said:
G37L057 said:
KickUp said:
V2 Pikes Peak cars ;)
That is one of the things we'll be looking at
@KickUp  Yay :D 

Maybe an additional balancing pass as well if time allows? Asking since the Quattro's acceleration got nerfed hard (my best times now are about 10s slower than my record time with it) while the Peugeot's seem to have gotten faster if anything else. Would be nice to have more choice there in terms of competing for best time ;)
In any case, I'm hyped for the next update like a ricer for a new Civic xD

BrySkye said:
Thing about the current PP cars is they have tons of grip and downforce but instead of losing grip gradually it goes from 100% to 0% in an instant.
That's basically a perfect description of all cars with V1 handling ;) The "on or off grip". It's more noticeable with PP cars, since they in general have way more downforce.

@KickUp any chance we'll ever see a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 3 group A in the game?

Off topic, but if anyone would like to know what it's like to drive a rally car with my annoying voice in your ear, here you go 

http://youtu.be/VAcpgWDr5tU

Also I'm going to claim that we passed a Mitsubishi R5 at 3:30, doesn't matter if it was broken down.

Off topic, but if anyone would like to know what it's like to drive a rally car with my annoying voice in your ear, here you go 

Also I'm going to claim that we passed a Mitsubishi R5 at 3:30, doesn't matter if it was broken down.
Cool, your driver/brother/etc drives with bunny rabbit hands :D

Are you sure you are not gossipping  ;) (selectable Co-driver voices in future). And you mentioned that Mitsubishi R5 too.. :smiley: 

@KickUp Finnish Co-driver voice possible maybe in future? :blush: 

maybe i'm just a bit too exited about what future might hold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2b0bzUYq8Y

I'd love to have such pace-note playing in the game! lol

Or to include liveries and teams such as "Mercedes Holocaust Motorsport"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRuj-Ztm2FQ

"Make sure you stay safe over the weekend and you never know - you might catch us on the next DiRT Show soon". Waiting for a Dirt Show to be announced.