DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

AphDburn said:
@KickUp is taunting us again...

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline
One day Coleman will pay for that taunting.... Even Lee did not troll like that.

Who have ideas for torturing him, on my side I think we could start with some forced listening of Justin bieber music

That's a great news considering my ilness this week.

Please scream here that update's available cause I'll have to switch OSes.

versedi said:
Heh, same here. I better remember to reboot into Windows before I leave for work tomorrow!

dwkGravey said:
versedi said:
Heh, same here. I better remember to reboot into Windows before I leave for work tomorrow!
Tommorow? Isn't 28th today?

yes                                                                                                               

We're getting Group B v2 physics this patch, right? Or is that for winter wonderland?

Dytut said:
We're getting Group B v2 physics this patch, right? Or is that for winter wonderland?

yesyesyes!!! and group A too.   :)         do you think they have improved the v2 physics?  ( on asphalt  anf car weight/jumps) ???

seems like modern masters won't happen this week :/

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/659287298996092928
https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/659287239856386048

xeek said:
seems like modern masters won't happen this week :/

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/659287298996092928
https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/659287239856386048
It's trolling, he never says about release day. Then, DIrt Show? What is this?

it's the twitch stream they do shortly before releasing a new content patch

SkyRex said:
G37L057 said:
Valtsude said:
It would just make no sense to put 2l cars in 2010s class. '11 WRC cars had more changes than the engine displacement, for example the lack of electronic driving aids and they also started to use cars from B-segment instead of C.
You do realise that engine displacement doesn't matter? The cars still produce 300BHP anyway and they have the same weight limit. Suspension is newer on '11 ones but like you mentioned restrictions came regarding electronic aids, so it should level out nicely.

Putting an '07 car against an '01 ones is a complete and utter nonsense.
But if that's the case, and they are also adding the C4 , then that would alreay add up to 1300k for just these two cars. which would mean only two R4 cars, no modern WRC cars like the Polo and a total of 4 cars for a pure car update...
seems unlikely

But I agree that the 07 Focus doesn't really fit any class (since we know only R4 will be a new class due to the achievments). BUT IF it is in this update (which seems so considering Pauls tweet) then it will be in the 2000's . For one simple reason : It was built and used before 2010, which means it can't logically be in 2010's class. 
So assuming every class gets an achievemnt, that means either the Focus will be in 2000's or it will not be in this update
Why Focus 2007? Why not Focus 2010, like in DiRT3?
Because Steve Perez car is '07 and it is the car that they used is it, to make a realistic game you need real data, and the data is from a '07 not a '10  :)
But it could be just Ford Focus WRC 06-10 at all, not Steve's one . Picture is a picture.  BTW, I don't thnk that Focus will be included in Modern Masters
Release today? Why not, it"s Wednesday
They used Perez's focus way back last year sometime for recording audio sounds and probably other stuff, which is why it's a good guess it's the 07 focus

Well, next week it is then. Just hope those 1.5 mil are what you need to get started in the Modern Masters and not what you need for the whole thing. Otherwise, some nice cars might be missing and 6, like I said, isn't a high number at all for a pack dedicated to cars.

How do we know we're not being trolled by Paul saying next week? It could still be today?
I don't think so, he has mentioned this morning on twitter that it comes next week and sounded pretty serious as you could have seen clearly.

Well, next week it is then. Just hope those 1.5 mil are what you need to get started in the Modern Masters and not what you need for the whole thing. Otherwise, some nice cars might be missing and 6, like I said, isn't a high number at all for a pack dedicated to cars.
It will be the total, no way R4s are going to cost nearly 3x the most expensive cars currently in game! Probably 4 or 5 cars. Whether that's 'high' or 'low' is only judged by their past output, not by any other particular figure.

versedi said:
How do we know we're not being trolled by Paul saying next week? It could still be today?
I don't think so, he has mentioned this morning on twitter that it comes next week and sounded pretty serious as you could have seen clearly.
He said that about the dirt show clearly.

It will be the total, no way R4s are going to cost nearly 3x the most expensive cars currently in game! Probably 4 or 5 cars. Whether that's 'high' or 'low' is only judged by their past output, not by any other particular figure.
I was comparing to previous DiRT Rally releases. We had 5 new cars on Tarmac Terrors and that wasn't a car-only update, so that's why I say 6 is a nice number.