Jump to content
Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

i dont know who to believe now is it today or next week  :D i really was hoping for today though if im honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was it not mentioned previously that the R4 cars were to attract entry level gamers with something more exciting than a Mini or Lancia?  If they are to be for the Learner Ralliers amongst us, would their price not have to be Entry Level also?  I don't see them being expensive at all.  Which leads me to believe the pack will have much more than just R4 cars (actually, I am hoping I am right).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
Was it not mentioned previously that the R4 cars were to attract entry level gamers with something more exciting than a Mini or Lancia?  If they are to be for the Learner Ralliers amongst us, would their price not have to be Entry Level also?  I don't see them being expensive at all.  Which leads me to believe the pack will have much more than just R4 cars (actually, I am hoping I am right).
That's a pretty good point.
Considering that new players have 50k IGC it could mean that R4 would be a little bit more expensive as a second car to go if someone doesn't prefer older models and want to switch quickly (~75-125k). Then we could really have 3-4 R4, 1x 2000, 1x2010 :)

P.S. Wasn't it R2 that should be for newbies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The twitter conversation is about Dirt show not the update.Yes,up to this moment all updates have a Dirt Show the same day but there may be differences this time(ex a new-new commmunity manager taking over from Monday etc).Plus they havent wiped out the date on the timeline so lets hope for today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Next week? That would be first update that will be delayed to next month except first RX Update when devs needed 1 more week for some improvements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'07 C4 WRC -  '07Focus WRC - S12b             3x 325,000    

R4 Impreza - R4 Evo 10                                   2x 150,000

Escort Mk2 2.5 Millington                                 1x 225,000


Now, that's what I call a car pack....   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Today's date is still in the timeline after Paul said someone was trolling. On Monday they deleted the date when someone told him the timeline said 26th october... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Today's date is still in the timeline after Paul said someone was trolling. On Monday they deleted the date when someone told him the timeline said 26th october... 
I think that he trolls about someone trolling because someone trolled with a wrong branch update into website.
Wasn't that 28th before removal?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I need to save credits as crazy.... I put all my resources and efforts to have all actual cars fully upgraded, and the bleeding from perks + engineers contracts left me a balance of just 400k credits :(

If update comes today, cool

If not, I´ll be able to complete a rally Master champ I got started with the 2010 Fiesta. 

...bah... didnt even started the weeklies LOL
DR is like a succubus, its stealing my lifetime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ouch.. the weeklies, yes.
I only own the Sierra Cosworth for the 80s weeklies.

I really can't drive the thing anymore since v2. Last monthlies I had to drive it too and I was forced to reset the event three times. Even then I didn't finish it because I had a little *cough* accident in a corner, in Greece, and it trashed my car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Next weeks confirmed.

@Kick_Up @leewalt17 @dirtgame when will it be out? The website says today. I can't wait

@Isaacz_93 @leewalt17 @dirtgame Its not today - It will be next week.

12:22 PM - 28 Oct 2015 · Details


Good news, 2000s/2010s is going to appear:


@dirtgame @Kick_Up will there be any wrc cars in this update

@leewalt17 @dirtgame Well sort of... we can't call them WRC cars though because of licensing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So, next week it is then. @KickUp better have some tasty gossip material for us meanwhile! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
G37L057 said:
Valtsude said:
It would just make no sense to put 2l cars in 2010s class. '11 WRC cars had more changes than the engine displacement, for example the lack of electronic driving aids and they also started to use cars from B-segment instead of C.
You do realise that engine displacement doesn't matter? The cars still produce 300BHP anyway and they have the same weight limit. Suspension is newer on '11 ones but like you mentioned restrictions came regarding electronic aids, so it should level out nicely.

Putting an '07 car against an '01 ones is a complete and utter nonsense.
Do YOU realise that BHP number of the engine isn't the only ability what tells about cars performance. The torque curve is in completely different class and it affects to the power curve also. Peak power doesn't matter at all because you use slightly more different revs than only the exact one which produces the maximum power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valtsude said:
G37L057 said:
Valtsude said:
It would just make no sense to put 2l cars in 2010s class. '11 WRC cars had more changes than the engine displacement, for example the lack of electronic driving aids and they also started to use cars from B-segment instead of C.
You do realise that engine displacement doesn't matter? The cars still produce 300BHP anyway and they have the same weight limit. Suspension is newer on '11 ones but like you mentioned restrictions came regarding electronic aids, so it should level out nicely.

Putting an '07 car against an '01 ones is a complete and utter nonsense.
Do YOU realise that BHP number of the engine isn't the only ability what tells about cars performance. The torque curve is in completely different class and it affects to the power curve also. Peak power doesn't matter at all because you use slightly more different revs than only the exact one which produces the maximum power.
Which is exactly why the Focus fits in the 2010s. It has more torque than the '11 ones, but they have advantage in the suspension. Another thing, the '11 ones have a more sustained power delivery, as in the "peak power" being attained sooner and for longer, at the loss of torque nonetheless.

All in all, the '07 Focus should be a rather really nice competition for the '11 Fiesta. Then again, it may be '09 Focus and not the '07 one. Until it's released, all we are going is that is a Focus Mk2, anything else can be just a trolling from KickUp. One last thing, is that the Focus is on the 2010s in the periodic table. That table have proven to be correct every single time, so I have no reasons to doubt it will be correct this time as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe they will divide the 2010 class into two classes like Group B with the RWD class so you'll have a 2010 1.6 and a 2010 2.0 class. Yeah I know we only get one new class, maybe they don't consider splitting a class as a true new class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
what if its all a troll and the update starts today at 2pm on steam ! :D
I still have a little bit of hope for such an awesome suprise ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Areyouben said:
Maybe they will divide the 2010 class into two classes like Group B with the RWD class so you'll have a 2010 1.6 and a 2010 2.0 class. Yeah I know we only get one new class, maybe they don't consider splitting a class as a true new class.
Put them all in the same class, they run together in real rally's as is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The car classes aren't exactly balanced as it is.
It's not exactly 'fair' that the Audi Sport Quattro Rallye is up against the Lancia Delta S4 and Peugeot 205 Evo 2, but that's how it is in Group B.
The 07 Focus is a car from the 2000s, so it seems pretty obvious where its going to go, balanced or not.
The game isn't going to have online multiplayer in rally, so balance doesn't even really matter.

Areyouben said:
Maybe they will divide the 2010 class into two classes like Group B with the RWD class so you'll have a 2010 1.6 and a 2010 2.0 class. Yeah I know we only get one new class, maybe they don't consider splitting a class as a true new class.

That wasn't a split though. Group B RWD was a new class that was introduced with a new achievement (We The Terrors).
There's no new achievement, so the 07 Focus is going into an existing class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The thing is though the group b cars were all from the same era and competed against each other. The 01 focus and the 07 focus were from different eras, not massively different, but different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×