DiRTy Gossip

Fastolsen said:
AphDburn said:
Fastolsen said:
Hi Guys,

Does anybody know what the world record @sweet lamb with the Fiesta is?
5.28.somethingsomething
Damn! Is there any video of this? Made 5:37 now, and thought that was good:P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQDkVCl2Au8

Er, well, it WAS 5.28.X until I posted it to reddit with the title "Beat my time!" Now that video above is 2nd place. That's what I get.

ramPage16 said:
Er, well, it WAS 5.28.X until I posted it to reddit with the title "Beat my time!" Now that video above is 2nd place. That's what I get.
idiet

Wow, that was an incredible run!  Great job man.  One of these days I'm going to just sit with 1 car/stage for awhile see how high I can get on the leaderboards.  I had a top 30 on a Finland stage once, but that was only a few days after the stages released probably in the hundreds now lol.

I just got 18th in the 01 Impreza on one of the long Finlands (one with the blue arch jump)

We need a forum member stage time banter thread or league or something!!  Maybe a restart repeat weekly stage in a certain car league event?

KevM said:
I just got 18th in the 01 Impreza on one of the long Finlands (one with the blue arch jump)

We need a forum member stage time banter thread or league or something!!  Maybe a restart repeat weekly stage in a certain car league event?
I actually had that idea. I made a league about a month ago called "Hotlapper Challenge" but haven't gone through with setting things up yet. The idea is to try to set your best time with unlimited resets. Each week is a new car/stage. If people are interested I'll set things up.

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/19766/hotlap-challenge

AphDburn said:
Fastolsen said:
AphDburn said:
Fastolsen said:
Hi Guys,

5.28.somethingsomething
That grip though

thats the only problem with doing videos of your runs :D

i used to do full section runs but people just see that and work out what and how :p

That's why you make videos of slower runs, maybe even with a blatant mistake or two.

But it's those damn aliens, once they get their mitts on something it's all over. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like they have much interest in all the long Finland stages,

AphDburn said:
Fastolsen said:
AphDburn said:
Fastolsen said:
Hi Guys,

5.28.somethingsomething
Thats fast. wow.

But hey, its a run between 1000. Very lucky moves out there. No doubt he has skills, but many times even he cant undertand how could past some turns / sections on air, at stupid speed, between gates...

Nevermind. Epic. Just jelly.

As I've remember that video was recorded with default setup....which seems unlikely to me considering that bumps don't affect the car at all...it's like it is landing on a silk bed....how do you do that?

dgeesi0 said:
thats the only problem with doing videos of your runs :D

i used to do full section runs but people just see that and work out what and how :p
Thats the bad thing with driving games, sometimes the fastest times don't just come from driving fast it would seem....

well obviously you may of figured something out that another "fast" guy didn't work out. then you show the track and times you hit the sections then you just repeat track until you hit those times or better.

this also points to what i said many months ago about adding the ability to just copy players set ups.so select player copy set up this adjusts your car to the set up used for that time.

then you would see the actual driving ability more over the car set ups.

the run is very nice in the video.

Leagues should be separated by the camera used, steering input used and gear method used.

One person's being fast might not translate right across the available gaming methods.

How hardcore would the locked interior cam, manual H pattern with Clutch league be??  :)

KevM said:
Leagues should be separated by the camera used, steering input used and gear method used.

One person's being fast might not translate right across the available gaming methods.

How hardcore would the locked interior cam, manual H pattern with Clutch league be??  :)
I would definatly join that league

KevM said:
It would be restricted to people with a decent wallet. The word "exclusive" fits there a lot more. Locked interior camera would be hardcore enough. Also since Group A, rally drivers have generally speaking always been using sequential shifters anyway, so I don't see much point in using H pattern anyway. Unless someone wants to be historically accurate, then ok (and broken sequential in Pikes Peak cars).

Though to be honest, I see no point with all this. It's the whole point of competition, one can be faster with skill, second makes up for that with better setup and so on and so forth. That's what makes racing in general so epic. The thinking you guys have right there is one of the reasons Group B went down and why Formula 1 is boring to death. Now they are basically the same car, with the same setup and the main difference in times comes from tire and fuel strategies. Not from drivers pushing it as far as possible.

Less restrictions = more challenge and fun. (let's not confuse challenge with just being difficult)

And you guys really want hardcore? Play Group B RWD with fully locked differential, highly shortened gear box, with a keyboard (no ABS, TC and SC). That H pattern with clutch will then look like a baby could do it. If you're gonna use a steering wheel, then you can't call something hardcore, as steering wheel is the biggest assist you can get in any racing game after all. Especially when it does things for you.

Now don't take me wrong. I would love to have a proper steering wheel, like a T300RS for example. I can't afford it, so I'm stuck to using a gamepad and pushing it as far as I can with that. Your definition of hardcore and how leagues should be working would effectively make me and other people who don't have a steering wheel unable to compete with some people here. That in turn could turn away a lot of people from the game. You sure you want to push with that "elitistic" approach?

Not DiRTy Gossip, but a few pictures from the last round of the World Rallycross Championship...

...few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157660067665689

If any of you are really bored!