DiRTy Gossip

KevM said:
All I see, is 2 identical Focus's, the later one with a fake facelift as part of its livery
*cough*grill*cough*
KevM said:
I would also say that a joypad player could have a possible unfair advantage as they don't have to wrestle with FFB and can counter-steer with the flick of a thumb....  Irrelevant to my point though.  
All I suggested, was a level playing field as far as your league competitors went, you should be grouped to compete with however shares the same view/control method. 
Yes, and that flick of a thumb in 99% of situations results in an overcountering. And the same FFB with which you "wrestle" does a lot of the slide catching for you. Arguably you can also catch the drift with an analog stick on a gamepad, but not while maintaining the fast pace or being a human.

If you name your league "Steering wheel only" league, then you can simply filter the results and see who can't read. While those that scored a very high position without ability to read can get some slack cut xD Similar situation with a gamepad only, you would filter and see who was the puss... who was sleeping on the English lessons xD

Jari's grill is also just a mock-up of the real face-lift.  But Perez's in game version should lose the painted lower section on the Grill, looks funny and not as his car really is!  The reg. is wrong too! 

G37L057 said:

Which means it's going to the 2010's (according to the periodic table).

On that note, if we will have a C4 as well, that would mean 2x650k, and 2x100k, which results in 1,5 million IGC. Seeing as R4 are treated as the entry level, those prices should be about perfect.
Sounds about right. Perhaps 3x R4s at that price and slightly cheaper cars for the 'older' 2010s cars? Your option seems more likely though.

I never got myself to like the name "Fiesta", so i am happy to see a Ford Focus of ANY kind, yay!

KevM said:
But Perez's in game version should lose the painted lower section on the Grill, looks funny and not as his car really is!  The reg. is wrong too! 
That's because the Perez's livery has been put on the '09 Focus. Then again, if someone doesn't want to see something, they won't see. I provided photos that show how 07 and 09 Focus looks, so anyone can see the difference (yes, it's that small). Googl'ing out will also point out that the '07 models had that bigger grill, while the '09 had the lower part covered. Heck, even Wikipedia has a good shot of those years... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_RS_WRC

G37L057 said:
BrySkye said:
To repeat myself none of the models have been taken directly from DiRT 3 and dropped into DiRT Rally.
They've all been updated.
Soooo... copy-paste-edit-update then? xD
More like
Open source file > Update > Compile

DiRT 3 doesn't come into it. The model has branched off from the source model stage.
3D models are often made to a high fidelity, then optimised for a game. So even using the same source files, you can end up with a higher polygon count model just by using a higher LOD.

So it's more like

Source File --> DiRT 3
I
V
DiRT Rally

BrySkye said:
G37L057 said:
BrySkye said:
To repeat myself none of the models have been taken directly from DiRT 3 and dropped into DiRT Rally.
They've all been updated.
Soooo... copy-paste-edit-update then? xD
More like
Open source file > Update > Compile

DiRT 3 doesn't come into it. The model has branched off from the source model stage.
3D models are often made to a high fidelity, then optimised for a game. So even using the same source files, you can end up with a higher polygon count model just by using a higher LOD.

So it's more like

Source File --> DiRT 3
I
V
DiRT Rally
I think that's what he meant by saying "copy paste from DiRT 3". He meant the source file was the same as for DiRT 3. Naturally, lack of knowledge on the subject led to too much of a generalisation in his phrase which resulted in the seen confusion. For those that will ask for "English, please?": he didn't knew what he was talking about when he made that statement xD

The tweet with Focus picture has been deleted  :/
Crap, just wanted to post about it xD Yeah, they deleted it. I assume someone was unhappy about licensing. Ehh $_$

I've retrieved the image data through the google cache and converted the raw data back to an image. I won't share it though cause I like it here too much to be banned. lol :smile: 

versedi said:
Hatward said:
(...) code next Thursday (...)
So 7 days....
What?
Context!
He means this - http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/133621/#Comment_133621

Keep in mind that server sided netcode can be updated without a game patch. Known as server patch usually. Depends how they go about managing the leaderboards though.

Further proven by his reply in that thread.

When it's released, the leaderboards will be reset for Group A, Group B and any other classes that are updated to v2 physics.

BrySkye said:
When it's released, the leaderboards will be reset for Group A, Group B and any other classes that are updated to v2 physics.
I hope that includes the times that were set with Group B cars in today's daily

Procver said:
BrySkye said:
I hope that includes the times that were set with Group B cars in today's daily
It's complete. Since the cars physics change, the leaderboards for that class are completely reset. No times will remain at all.
It happened for the 60's, 70's, 80's RWD and 2010 cars when 0.8 was released.