DiRTy Gossip

The '07 Focus had a different grille and different headlights (more reflective material/chrome in the units themselves). The pic they showed of the Focus in game is the '09. The changes occurred I believe in '08 along with some modifications to the engine. I think the only difference between the '08 and '09 are cosmetic changes. I could be wrong, but I believe the Focus from '06 onward shared the same Duratec 2.0L engine.

It was a heck of a car, it's a shame that Hirvonen was pretty much the only works driver in the Focus in '08 and '09, as they could've easily taken 2 more manufacturer's titles. And dare I say, if they would've gotten some better finishes from Latvala in '09, Hirvonen would've won the title.

KevM said:
lol - quite funny all the same!  Do a fake tweet @Job3k :)

Noo...need to think about something new
BTW. That fake tweet became real cause date of releasing Finland was right :D
Job3k said:
Kick_Up said:
Modern Masters will be released on 6th November. Now that's confirmed
Please can you stop doing that? It's rather irritating.

No. ; )

But the funny thing is, the '09 Focus WRC IS the '07 car.

By that stage of production, the Focus road car had a face-lifted front (bumper, headlights and grille), but the WRC car never got the actual update, they kept using the older '07 spec shell complete with older front!  The facelift was only represented on the WRC car as part of the livery ( vinyl stickers) & one piece of plastic set in to the older larger grill.

So they deleted the tweet, that's fishy... 

Something wrong with the Focus or what?:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/12186748_952505034822065_1976266574287436361_o.jpg

xkevlarx said:
So they deleted the tweet, that's fishy... 

Something wrong with the Focus or what?:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/12186748_952505034822065_1976266574287436361_o.jpg
The car needs the lower painted section removed from the grille & Perez's registration on it! :)

YoMrWhite said:
Yes, for me, too. Since a few hours now.
It went for maintenance with sweet image at first few hours ago but it's working for me now.

Well, from Mr Coleman's most recent tweets, looks like no 1.6l WRCs will be coming in this update. He said that all cars in the update are pre-2010 and, therefore, the logical conclusions are the following:

- No 2015 Impreza WRX Sti in the R4 class, because production of that model or the rally version started in 2014 at the earliest. We will get the S14 Impreza WRX R4.
- There's, at least, another WRC car coming besides the 07 Focus, and considering the "red one" statement, will probably be the C4 WRC from around the same year.

4 cars in total, most likely: 2 R4s and 2 WRC 2.0 liter.

Website down for me as well, had to re-accept the EULA for DiRT Rally when I launched it to do the daily. Something fishy is going on xD

- No 2015 Impreza WRX Sti in the R4 class, because production of that model or the rally version started in 2014 at the earliest. We will get the S14 Impreza WRX R4.
Decide yourself man, the S14 is the WRC model, it can't be a R4 as well :p 
What you mean is the WRX STi N14 (built by Prodrive) which was "forward homologated" to R4
There's a rule that all older N4 cars homologated after 2011 (or something like that) would be automatically eligible on the R4 class (they also said no new cars would be homologated on this class, but that's really not what i'm seeing recently lol)

anyway, where's the gossip? we are just a spark from igniting the Imprezas discussion again, you know...

Is the N12 R4 homologated? I think 'just' the N14 and Evo X are most likely though, think whoever first guessed C4, Focus, Evo X and N14 are correct. 

Is Winter Wonderland going to be another rally update? I wonder if some more modern cars will show up there.

Is Winter Wonderland going to be another rally update? I wonder if some more modern cars will show up there.
Winter Wonderland is basically Sweden. Not much known at this point, but most likely there will be some extra cars in it as well. Basically all the main updates brought an extra car or two with them, so I'm still hoping for the Quattro E2 (yeah, I'm boring with this already, sorry).