DiRTy Gossip

No 2wd                                                                               

xkevlarx said:
So they deleted the tweet, that's fishy... 

Something wrong with the Focus or what?:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/12186748_952505034822065_1976266574287436361_o.jpg
Am I the only one who prefer the fantasy livery art from Dirt 3 over every single skin made for Dirt Rally? Seriously, probably the only one I like is the Coleman/Tucker Impreza (which by the way is real, but I don't know if it was real before being included in D3). There's something in the color palette and the design which is quite retro and un-"rallystic". 

KevM said:
No 2wd                                                                               

In modern masters Paul said, fingers crossed for winter wonderland, please devs make r2 and r5

Had we lost faith in Vauxhall Astra? I believe we'll end up not getting the Renault Maxi Megane, but the Astra would be an awesome addition. :neutral: 

N4 no doubt...                                                                                                 

Well it's even not S15. The same carshape was in Dirt 2-3 and Rallycross pack.
Blah-blah-blah such a "new modern" cars, Focus WRC is from D3, Lancer Evo 10 and Impreza S14 w| another rearwing are also from D3.

Bravo, Codies "great" job.  

KevM said:
N4 no doubt...                                                                                                 

No the N4 doesn't have a big wing like that, this is the S14 WRC,

It sounds like a complaint, not really, but it would be nice to have some limited in game customizable features like need for speed does with their cars, even Grid series did this.  

Maybe the VTsportscar upgraded fenders option would cost $xxxxx credits and allow some suspension performance gains.  

Also so limited skin n customization too, i know this is fluff to some but features do add value.  

I am still jumping up and down S14 is now part of it now.   

KevM said:
N4 no doubt...                                                                                                 

s14 wrc has a different bumbers, bonnet and shape. It's R4.

Dirt Rally doesn't play by the rules!!  :)

Im guessing Evo 10 & Impreza N14 in R4  
+  
Focus WRC &  maybe something like Peugeot 307 WRC 

Ok,I will get a ton of flack for this but nonetheless it has to be said.Reusing DIRT3 assets is getting out of hand.And was it so difficult to change the front bumper of the Focus to make it look like 07 spec?Open class Impreza?Seriously?You have a partnenship with JRM and you dont use it to get the real R4 Impreza and put in an impostor?Why not change the Mini to the 2011 spec car(already the 3d is there)?Make the Fiesta 2012 spec(just a mirror change).Finally,reusing assets but how about adding the 3 F1 tracks that are used by WRX?I am really sorry but the game is quickly looking like something gathered to save Codies from financial collapse.

If a WRC team can re-use existing assets to build their cars, why cant a game maker do the same?  Why waste time and resources to re-make something that exists, just to change a small insignificant part of it?

The feel of the game, the sounds and stages are new and pretty damn impressive.  Relax!!!

Let the guys get the bare bones in place, if they feel the need to give the visuals a makeover once all the hard work is done, thats ok.  But at this point, what you are complaining about is trivial....

Codies, just remove the wing!! Instead it is a wrc, if that is the r4 class, it is a big mistake, because that is an open class not an r4, please remove it!!!!!!!!! Or put it in 2000's class

Codies, just remove the wing!! Instead it is a wrc, if that is the r4 class, it is a big mistake, because that is an open class not an r4, please remove it!!!!!!!!! Or put it in 2000's class
honestly, I would love to have the short hatchback in both Versions:
1x big wing WRC Petter Solberg
1x small wing R4 Toshio Arai IRC

honestly, I would love to have the short hatchback in both Versions:
1x big wing WRC Petter Solberg
1x small wing R4 Toshio Arai IRC
Yes, obviously, both is better but if just r4 and with that wing, it is a HUGE mistake in a game that is trying to change from arcade to sim.
I hope it is wrc version.

But thats the thing, its not allowed to have anything to do with 'WRC', so why play by their rules? 

macebig said:
Ok,I will get a ton of flack for this but nonetheless it has to be said.Reusing DIRT3 assets is getting out of hand.And was it so difficult to change the front bumper of the Focus to make it look like 07 spec?Open class Impreza?Seriously?You have a partnenship with JRM and you dont use it to get the real R4 Impreza and put in an impostor?Why not change the Mini to the 2011 spec car(already the 3d is there)?Make the Fiesta 2012 spec(just a mirror change).Finally,reusing assets but how about adding the 3 F1 tracks that are used by WRX?I am really sorry but the game is quickly looking like something gathered to save Codies from financial collapse.

No but seriously... it's no big deal. If they can't get the correct license to make the changes people request, there is absolutely nothing that can be done. They're doing their best to make the game as authentic as possible. Try to enjoy it instead of nitpicking.

KevM said:
N4 no doubt...                                                                                                 

s14 wrc has a different bumbers, bonnet and shape. It's R4.

No its the WRC version,
To be 100% correctly its the Rallyteam USA Subaru:

Its based on the Suabru Impreza N14 WRC, but since they drive in open class in the USA its modified. ( thats why it has an other bumper.

Its deffently not an N14 R4,
This is for example an N14 R4 , totally diffrent!