DiRTy Gossip

Think people are forgetting DiRT Rally is an experiment with a limited budget. One that management have never particularly had a lot of faith in.
It was a fight to get DiRT Rally made at all to try and prove a point that people wanted a more simulation orientated rally experience.

To be 100% correctly its the Rallyteam USA Subaru:

Its based on the Suabru Impreza N14 WRC, but since they drive in open class in the USA its modified. ( thats why it has an other bumper.

Its deffently not an N14 R4,
This is for example an N14 R4 , totally diffrent!

So the totally "new class we will have to master" is  an USA based open class ?    

Its based on the Suabru Impreza N14 WRC, but since they drive in open class in the USA its modified. ( thats why it has an other bumper.

Nope. R4.

BrySkye said:
Think people are forgetting DiRT Rally is an experiment with a limited budget. One that management have never particularly had a lot of faith in.
It was a fight to get DiRT Rally made at all to try and prove a point that people wanted a more simulation orientated rally experience.
This!

Be thankful, we could of had Dirt 4 right now, which would probably have even more re-worked stuff from D3! Not that I would have minded Dirt 4, but Dirt Rally is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better!

bogani said:

Nope. R4.
Nope. Named R4 but based in USA open class, which i cant understand because R4 and Open have if i am correct informed, more than 100hp more than r4's

KevM said:
N4 no doubt...                                                                                                 

No the N4 doesn't have a big wing like that, this is the S14 WRC,

s14 wrc has a different bumbers, bonnet and shape. It's R4.

No its the WRC version,

It's similar to WRC, but still not a true Impreza WRC. Yeah, maybe you're right. Also this is Ken Block's Impreza from Dirt 2. And Codies called it The R4 car..Grazie...

bogani said:

Nope. R4.
Nope. Named R4 but based in USA open class, which i cant understand because R4 and Open have if i am correct informed, more than 100hp more than r4's
Woot? The new class to master will the R4 class. Who said it will be based on USA open class?

KevM said:
N4 no doubt...                                                                                                 

No the N4 doesn't have a big wing like that, this is the S14 WRC,

s14 wrc has a different bumbers, bonnet and shape. It's R4.

No its the WRC version,

The Vermont prepared hatch STI (as used by SRT USA in the Rally America series) is not a World Rally Car, nor is it WRC spec. The Rally America Open class roughly equates to Group A. (I've never looked into it, but I would think that the Open class regulations and R4 would be broadly similar. )

I await correction from someone at CM (or anyone else who knows what they are talking about), but this...

...is not an S14 WRC. The bodywork is wrong. It looks exactly like one the Vermont Open class STI's to me. 

As said above, ditch that rear wing in favour of a standard one and that would bring it much closer to the look of the R4 WRX STI. 

As if we were already been doing races with strict FIA regulations in the game.. I don't really mind the car looking like that, actually it looks cooler than the R4 version.

Okey, matching the shapes from DR and reality gives us this info

"At the car’s heart is a 2.0-liter, turbocharged flat-four engine (based on that of the Japanese-spec STI) capable of converting race fuel into 500 hp and 560 lb-ft of torque."

>5
00 hp
>R4

Seems like Codies doesn't care at rally fans

GIVE ME MORE SUBARU BURGLE. *rumbling noises*
Such noise, much wow, BIG WING. Oh crap i hit a low tree branch while drifting the Subaru. D:

Codies are doing their best, the game is brilliant with what we have and will only improve, just remember licensing is finicky and they are doing their damn best with it.
*burgles away.*

Am I the only one who doesn't care that much about a rear wing?
Personally I think it looks much better with that style of rear wing...however I don't think that wing is homologated, so (*realism head on*) it shouldn't be on there!

Snaky115 said:
GIVE ME MORE SUBARU BURGLE. *rumbling noises*
Such noise, much wow, BIG WING. Oh crap i hit a low tree branch while drifting the Subaru. D:

Codies are doing their best, the game is brilliant with what we have and will only improve, just remember licensing is finicky and they are doing their damn best with it.
*burgles away.*
The Group N and WRC Impreza's all use equal length headers: so there will be less rumble. 

Grow up please.

It's one thing to state your reason and point (I agree with you that it would be better without the wing), but there's no need for the passive aggressivism on that level. If that were the case, we wouldn't have this great game.

"At the car’s heart is a 2.0-liter, turbocharged flat-four engine (based on that of the Japanese-spec STI) capable of converting race fuel into 500 hp and 560 lb-ft of torque."

>500 hp
>R4

@tbtstt I'll let you confirm, but this is off.  SRTUSA runs about 350hp and 400+ torque in a 2.5.  Never been a 2.0 spec 500hp/tq in this gen car

>500 hp
>R4

Sorry, where are you getting those numbers from @franklyshankly ? To my knowledge no Impreza rally car is producing anything like 500 BHP...

Well, that Impreza may run R4 specs underneath but it certainly does not look like an R4. Honestly, a better name for the class would have been "Production".

Grow up please.

It's one thing to state your reason and point (I agree with you that it would be better without the wing), but there's no need for the passive aggressivism on that level. If that were the case, we wouldn't have this great game.
No, it's not the only one. How about a wrong Impreza 01 interior, Mini Concept (okey WRC licence), wrong Impreza 1995 interior, autumn Finland stages...I agree DR is a true rally sim, but there are few stupid things which really makes disappoint

franklyshankly said:

You don't deserve any awnser but I will tell you this. Think about twice before you write anything here. Do you really think that If Codies doesn't care at rally fans they would release a game with Early Acess adding features that the community asks, correcting the FFB and the physics to approach the reality? Well I think you know the answer! There is NO game in the past 10 years that did what Codies is doing with DR! You don't even know If this "problem" can be corrected or If it's a problem after all...

gfRally said:

>500 hp
>R4

@tbtstt I'll let you confirm, but this is off.  SRTUSA runs about 350hp and 400+ torque in a 2.5.  Never been a 2.0 spec 500hp/tq in this gen car
Well 350hp are more than a R4 and more than the actual WRC champion car, who actually produce more or less 325hp

gfRally said:

>500 hp
>R4

The Vermont rallycross cars are 2.0L and produce in excess of 500 BHP @gfRally . There has never been figures like that from a Open class rally car, in fact I'd go as far as saying it's impossible with the restrictor size mandated in the Open class. 

I'm not sure what engine the Open class cars run. I actually thought it was 2.0L, not 2.5L? I would think your figures are about right though. 320+ BHP and 400+ Ft. Lbs. 

Azoresst said:
franklyshankly said:

You don't deserve any awnser but I will tell you this. Think about twice before you write anything here. Do you really think that If Codies doesn't care at rally fans they would release a game with Early Acess adding features that the community asks, correcting the FFB and the physics to approach the reality? Well I think you know the answer! There is NO game in the past 10 years that did what Codies is doing with DR! You don't even know If this "problem" can be corrected or If it's a problem after all...
Obvious answer from DR fan, I didn't wanted to hurt you. :)