DiRTy Gossip

gfRally said:
Okey, matching the shapes from DR and reality gives us this info

"At the car’s heart is a 2.0-liter, turbocharged flat-four engine (based on that of the Japanese-spec STI) capable of converting race fuel into 500 hp and 560 lb-ft of torque."

>500 hp
>R4

Seems like Codies doesn't care at rally fans

@tbtstt I'll let you confirm, but this is off.  SRTUSA runs about 350hp and 400+ torque in a 2.5.  Never been a 2.0 spec 500hp/tq in this gen car
Well 350hp are more than a R4 and more than the actual WRC champion car, who actually produce more or less 325hp
Direct from the Vermont website, the latest generation of Open Class rally car specification: 
  • Approx 330hp and 480lb/ft Torque (With a Rally America Open Class mandated 34mm restrictor)
http://vtcar.com/projects/srt-usa-2015-open-class-rally-car/ 

That's a little more than R4, but it's in roughly the same ball park.

For comparison the previous (N14 shape) Open class Impreza was producing: 
  • Approx 303hp and 451lb/ft torque*
  • *(With a Rally America Open Class mandated 34mm restrictor)
http://vtcar.com/projects/2009-srt-usa-open-class-rally-car/2009-open-class-subaru-sti/

It's worth noting that BHP figures are largely irrelevant anyway. The torque value is the relevant number for rally cars: it's amazing the amount of torque that tuners are getting from rally car engines these days, it's the same (or even greater) than most of the engines of the Group B era...

Azoresst said:
franklyshankly said:

You don't deserve any awnser but I will tell you this. Think about twice before you write anything here. Do you really think that If Codies doesn't care at rally fans they would release a game with Early Acess adding features that the community asks, correcting the FFB and the physics to approach the reality? Well I think you know the answer! There is NO game in the past 10 years that did what Codies is doing with DR! You don't even know If this "problem" can be corrected or If it's a problem after all...
Obvious answer from DR fan, I didn't wanted to hurt you. :)

Sure, WRC 5 is the ultimate Rally Simulator and DR is for popcorn players, right? :wink: 

Not to mention these Rally America cars runs with crazy as f*** anti lags that sounds like machine guns when off throttle...

@tbtstt http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1047714_subaru-unveils-2011-rally-cars-ahead-of-x-games

X-Games, yeah, not rally. But we match the shapes first, don't we?
That was the first year of rallycross specification cars at X-Games @franklyshankly . Vermont took Open Class rally cars and ran them with much bigger turbo restrictors... the engines lunched themselves.

The figures in that article are not representative of the Open class rally cars, check the Vermont links in my previous post. 

Good grief there's some nonsense been posted on this thread since @tbtstt put that picture up. Maybe it'd be better if they didn't give us this car, might stop some of the crying then about a rear wing.

Oh and @macebig mentioned about the Focus WRC too, and the tiny little difference on the front grill between the 07 and 08 Focus WRCs. Well can you please point me to a tweet or post where it was confirmed that the Focus in the game was the 2007 model, or are you just assuming it is because it has a Kick Energy livery, and that is on an 07 car?

Remembered another thing, the R4s uses a 5 speed gearbox, and i think only the final ratio is adjustable
The Subaru "N13" SRT USA will be a much superiour car in almost every way, it's lighter, more powerful, better torque, better gearbox, better aerodynamics... the only thing that'd be worse would be the tarmac tyres, since in Rally America they used full treaded tyres, not semi slicks (and i don't really know if that changed on the recent years)

Oh and @macebig mentioned about the Focus WRC too, and the tiny little difference on the front grill between the 07 and 08 Focus WRCs. Well can you please point me to a tweet or post where it was confirmed that the Focus in the game was the 2007 model, or are you just assuming it is because it has a Kick Energy livery, and that is on an 07 car? 
I can link you to a tweet that confirms it isn't the '07 car.

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/660039165703274496

No, it's not the only one. How about a wrong Impreza 01 interior, Mini Concept (okey WRC licence), wrong Impreza 1995 interior, autumn Finland stages...I agree DR is a true rally sim, but there are few stupid things which really makes disappoint
Wrong based on what?  Are you assuming you know the car that its meant to be?    Its just an Impreza rally car, how can we assume that its meant to be a Prodrive WRC car, or a Prodrive Grp A car?  They are virtual, not replica

Azoresst said:
Azoresst said:
franklyshankly said:

You don't deserve any awnser but I will tell you this. Think about twice before you write anything here. Do you really think that If Codies doesn't care at rally fans they would release a game with Early Acess adding features that the community asks, correcting the FFB and the physics to approach the reality? Well I think you know the answer! There is NO game in the past 10 years that did what Codies is doing with DR! You don't even know If this "problem" can be corrected or If it's a problem after all...
Obvious answer from DR fan, I didn't wanted to hurt you. :)

Sure, WRC 5 is the ultimate Rally Simulator and DR is for popcorn players, right? :wink: 
So radical, wow. I didnt talked about physics, handling, ffb, perfomance. I just mean that they doesn't respect rally fags, creating fake cars with wrong interior and other parts of cars

Quite frankly I'm gobsmacked by the amount of self-entitled, ungrateful brats popping up in this thread. 

If you want to bitch and moan because you think you deserve a video game that wipes your arse and feeds you your most favourite bowl of alphabet spaghetti, then you'll feel right at home in the F1 threads, because that's just a brat farm. I'm sure a few of you have been taken for a day out outside of the F1 threads to spread your joy. 

Fake cars. Now where have I head that before...

But serously, if you dont like the cars just don't play them. Simple as that.

What's wrong, we're about to get new cars to throw around and judged by the amount of moaning it seems to be a negative thing. Cancel the carpack codies!

As much as I like to pick up on the smalldetails of the cars, I really wouldn't class minor technical inaccuracies as a major issue. 

I would personally rather have cars that handle well, sound good and are racing on decent stages, then have a perfectly modelled car in a game that is utter crap to play...

People, it's just a spoiler in a video game. Codemasters already mentioned they have some issues with licensing, so cut them some slack when it comes to which cars they can bring in.

You don't like it? You just won't use it. There's no point raging about a wrong spoiler on a thread and making it look like a "brat-fest". Don't blame Codies for licensing restrictions they need to follow.

Not only the wing, is like comparing a WRC and an R2! Or maybe tomorrow they post a pic our new r2 Car and it is the 2011 model, im sure that the Car physics would be great but models cant be wrong i think, minor details could be, but an aerodynamical pack in a R4 Car is a mistake, doesnt matter, maybe it is not the r4 Car and i will have to shut Up, but well we will have to wait for next week to realize in which class this Car is

Quite frankly I'm gobsmacked by the amount of self-entitled, ungrateful brats popping up in this thread. 

If you want to bitch and moan because you think you deserve a video game that wipes your arse and feeds you your most favourite bowl of alphabet spaghetti, then you'll feel right at home in the F1 threads, because that's just a brat farm. I'm sure a few of you have been taken for a day out outside of the F1 threads to spread your joy. 
+1
If we get to use one of those cars and runs or looks like crap then we can suggest improvements, that's one reason the forum's here. But there's no need to behave like Starwars' fundamentalists

Hands up; who's never seen the back of the car they drive in game? I know I don't, unless I press something by accident.
Only when watching a replay or if I fancy a real challenge. Using a steering wheel driving chase cam lol

And mechanical failures, pretty cool :)

Body is 180 centimeters too high.

I actually care less and lessa about the modern masters. The promise of Gr.B cars that really try to kill me though... aaaaawwwh yeah!