DiRTy Gossip

Only 4 cars? Even with Tarmac Terrors we had 5 cars + stages...   little bit disappointed . Hope Winter Wonderland bring back 2 of missing Renault's + 2010's goodies

To be 100% correctly its the Rallyteam USA Subaru:

Its based on the Suabru Impreza N14 WRC, but since they drive in open class in the USA its modified. ( thats why it has an other bumper.

Its deffently not an N14 R4,
This is for example an N14 R4 , totally diffrent!

So the totally "new class we will have to master" is  an USA based open class ?    
Good lord, I wish.

I called the C4! Not in the 2000's class though. Getting interesting now as we are finally nearing the end of early access!

Job3k said:
Only 4 cars? Even with Tarmac Terrors we had 5 cars + stages...   little bit disappointed . Hope Winter Wonderland bring back 2 of missing Renault's + 2010's goodies
I shouldn't take the bait, but... I don't get this attitude. These aren't DLC packs or patches. This isn't Forza's promise of "ten cars a month post-release for twelve months". These are updates to an Early Access game we get to play while it's being put together before final release. What difference does it make if we get four of those cars in an update or five? It's all already planned and in production. Come 2016 and Dirt Rally's proper release, everyone is going to get the same game with its ~40 cars.

It reeks of entitlement.

And still we are to get a few more cars on the Winter update and the secret cars Paul talked about before. So no reason to complain imo.

I expected atleast 10 cars in this pack but 4? Aint nobody got time for this. 

My friends, everyone should be allowed to be disappointed, frustrated or enthusiastic about something! If someone really values visual accuracy of cars that is his good right. I would prefer accurate models over inaccurate models... however, the message doesn't get across when the tone is so negative. It's no good when say, a dev, is secretely monitoring this thread, sees someone get very upset about the car models, with then the user being attacked because his tone is negative. It would give the impression that your opinion is worth less because the rest of the community is fine with it, if you get what I mean.

I'm not a group psychologist or have any sociology degrees, but I just think we'd be more helpful to CM when we cooperate especially when we are in disagreement.

I expected six cars, because it made sense to have six cars
For some reason i already knew it would be cars we already had on DiRT 3, and these 4 cars were what i expected to get (in fact 3 and a half, the Impreza is not the one i expected :( )
The other two cars would've been the S2000 Peugeot and the Grande Punto

We wanted R4 cars but couldn't license the look of the models due to a lot of complexities in the licensing process. We had to take the version we had from DiRT3 and then set up the handling with the characteristics of the R4.

It is not ideal but the other alternative was to simply remove the car altogether from the game. 

What do you know, the two new cars from the 2000's have gone into the 2000's class and not into the 2010's one.
Who'd have thunk it. =P

Have to admit I'm a little bit down that a dedicated car pack is adding less vehicles than the Germany update did, but oh well.
Classic case of the hype train getting too much steam for its own good.
In truth, the game already has most of what I want, excluding the Celica ST205, Corolla, Quattro E2 and Escudo.
Since none of those are likely to happen, I take it for what it is.

There's still a good handfull of new features which should make a lot of users happier.

The mystery deepens about #thiscar
...Unless Paul was trolling me half a year ago and was referring to #thatcar with updated physics...

Areyouben said:

• 40 characters 
  • 40 characters
  • 40 characters
  • 40 characters
  • 40 characters

Dirty-bit...              

Active diff car too, it'll be fast on the gravel!!! :)

Why are people complaining about the new cars when they probably can't even drive them well? :p 

Be happy with what you get. CM made this game with a small team. If the car manufacturers have any sense then they'll be begging CM to get their cars into their next rally game(if it comes).

Wrong spoiler on impreza? Give me a refund.. No room for own opinion these days 
Atleast this worked and i can eat my popcorn reading replies 

KickUp said:
2000s

We’ve also added two more cars to the 2000s roster and I think they fill a gap that we have been missing from the more contemporary era of rallying. We’ll be adding the Citroën C4 Rally and the Ford Focus RS Rally. These cars are running their 2 litre engines and are packed with more complex differentials than the 2010s cars. They offer a fresh challenge to their class and require quite a different driving style to one another.

Hmm... looks like a typo to me there. The question is... if it really is a typo, then which way is it? It goes into 2010s class, or more complex diffs than 2000s cars. Some clarification about this @KickUp ?

They are in the 2000 class, 07 cars had active diff's (think Nissan GTR torque vectoring), but the 2010 cars went 1.6 engine with mechanical differentials, to supposedly keep costs down!

G37L057 said:
KickUp said:
2000s

We’ve also added two more cars to the 2000s roster and I think they fill a gap that we have been missing from the more contemporary era of rallying. We’ll be adding the Citroën C4 Rally and the Ford Focus RS Rally. These cars are running their 2 litre engines and are packed with more complex differentials than the 2010s cars. They offer a fresh challenge to their class and require quite a different driving style to one another.

Hmm... looks like a typo to me there. The question is... if it really is a typo, then which way is it? It goes into 2010s class, or more complex diffs than 2000s cars. Some clarification about this @KickUp ?
There is no typo. We wanted to have bigger classes than just two cars wherever possible. The 2000s will have 4 cars after this update. The 2010s, well you just have to wait and see.
The Impreza, C4 and the two Focuses had centre diffs which the 2010 cars didn't have. 

KevM said:
They are in the 2000 class, 07 cars had active diff's (think Nissan GTR torque vectoring), but the 2010 cars went 1.6 engine with mechanical differentials, to supposedly keep costs down!
Yes, but why comparing to 2010s class cars when they are in the 2000s class? Especially when the following sentence is "they offer a fresh challenge to their class and require quite a different driving style to one another". The entire sentence about those diffs make it seem like someone was talking about their favourite sci-fi movie and then put "The story in Pretty Woman is more complex than the one in "Cop from Beverly Hills" is" in the middle of their talk. For no reason, completely out of the picture.
KickUp said:
There is no typo. We wanted to have bigger classes than just two cars wherever possible. The 2000s will have 4 cars after this update. The 2010s, well you just have to wait and see. 
The Impreza, C4 and the two Focuses had centre diffs which the 2010 cars didn't have. 
OK, though the comparison with 2010s is really kind of strange, when those cars will be competing in the 2000s class.

Also, that means periodic table lied for the first time xD

I thought they got rid of active diffs starting in '06 (yes, there were some exceptions to the regulations)?

G37L057 said:
KevM said:
Yes, but why comparing to 2010s class cars when they are in the 2000s class? Especially when the following sentence is "they offer a fresh challenge to their class and require quite a different driving style to one another". The entire sentence about those diffs make it seem like someone was talking about their favourite sci-fi movie and then put "The story in Pretty Woman is more complex than the one in "Cop from Beverly Hills" is" in the middle of their talk. For no reason, completely out of the picture.
KickUp said:
OK, though the comparison with 2010s is really kind of strange, when those cars will be competing in the 2000s class.
That was the way I decided to construct the sentences I used in this week's road book. I'm sorry if that has caused confusion, it wasn't my intention.