DiRTy Gossip

Polo WRC & DS3 for Winter Wonderland!  Get them bought....  :)

Well now just wait a month for Winter Wonderland with ansiety!!!! And to next thursday for the Modern Masters, but this game is finishing its EA :bawling: :bawling: 

Well now just wait a month for Winter Wonderland with ansiety!!!! And to next thursday for the Modern Masters, but this game is finishing its EA :bawling: :bawling: 
Hopefully after finishing EA time DiRT Rally devs will not follow "EA" dlc politics or something. DRally Premium or Season Pass for just 60$ 

Now I am expecting 1 more car for F2, 1 more car for 2010s, 1 more car for R4, and 1 more car for 1960s before release!

KickUp said:
That was the way I decided to construct the sentences I used in this week's road book. I'm sorry if that has caused confusion, it wasn't my intention. 
Well, no harm done ;) I'm just hoping it won't be like with Group B, where you're forced to use the 205 if you want to be competitive in any way. '01 Focus is by far my favourite rally car of all time, not really happy with a thought I would have to be using the '09 version just to stay competitive on the leaderboards with it in any way. Even more if I would have to use the C4 (not a fan of Citroen at all).

Then again it's a simulator, so a realistic representation of performance should exist.

G37L057 said:
KickUp said:
That was the way I decided to construct the sentences I used in this week's road book. I'm sorry if that has caused confusion, it wasn't my intention. 
Well, no harm done ;) I'm just hoping it won't be like with Group B, where you're forced to use the 205 if you want to be competitive in any way. '01 Focus is by far my favourite rally car of all time, not really happy with a thought I would have to be using the '09 version just to stay competitive on the leaderboards with it in any way. Even more if I would have to use the C4 (not a fan of Citroen at all).

Then again it's a simulator, so a realistic representation of performance should exist.
It's a tricky balancing act. Group B should be less clear cut after this update. 

Job3k said:
Hopefully after finishing EA time DiRT Rally devs will not follow "EA" dlc politics or something. DRally Premium or Season Pass for just 60$ 
A lot of us here would actually like the game to receive DLC post launch rather than the end of Early Access being the end.
People can make their own decisions on whether or not they want to pay for more of something they like.

KickUp said:
G37L057 said:
KickUp said:

It's a tricky balancing act. Group B should be less clear cut after this update. 
Oh, does that include the in Group B balance as well, or just the "205 FTW" strategy for setting fastest times in general?

And indeed, balancing is a very difficult thing when it comes to getting it right.

Job3k said:
Well now just wait a month for Winter Wonderland with ansiety!!!! And to next thursday for the Modern Masters, but this game is finishing its EA :bawling: :bawling: 
If releasing DLCs will mean prolonged support for DR along with bigger budget for DR2, I'm all for some DLCs, especially those with new stages.

BrySkye said:
Job3k said:
A lot of us here would actually like the game to receive DLC post launch rather than the end of Early Access being the end.
People can make their own decisions on whether or not they want to pay for more of something they like.
I know, I also can pay for dlc but like EA making season pass with the same price as base game is like wtf.

Job3k said:
I know, I also can pay for dlc but like EA making season pass with the same price as base game is like wtf.
Depends on how many DLCs would be included in that season pass. If you look at DriveClub, which Season Pass was about 40$, but gave you all the 12 DLCs (rather solid ones to that, aka tracks, events, modes, features, cars etc.) that were released monthly, I would say the price is more than adequate, if not a bargain for certain countries.

I have said it somewhere previously, if you want to win a rally easily, pick the C4.  If you want to Enjoy driving a rally, pick a Ford!!  It's the unwritten rule! 

(You can win in a Ford too, your replay will just be a bit more spectacular)

G37L057 said:
Oh, does that include the in Group B balance as well, or just the "205 FTW" strategy for setting fastest times in general?

And indeed, balancing is a very difficult thing when it comes to getting it right.
I think the 205 will be more of a challenge after v2. It was a bit of an anomaly in v.1 

We haven't tried to make all the cars too equal though as they would lose their character. 

KickUp said:
G37L057 said:

I think the 205 will be more of a challenge after v2. It was a bit of an anomaly in v.1 

We haven't tried to make all the cars too equal though as they would lose their character. 
Yeah, that's the tricky part in balancing. Making it perform equally, but still feel different. But if you'll be having too much issue, you can always bring a Quattro E2 into the play in Group B, to give a nice option there *wink*

KickUp said:
We wanted R4 cars but couldn't license the look of the models due to a lot of complexities in the licensing process. We had to take the version we had from DiRT3 and then set up the handling with the characteristics of the R4.

It is not ideal but the other alternative was to simply remove the car altogether from the game. 
thx for the honest feedback Paul,
I somehow hate licensing , but it's part of the business nowadays..

Though I hope one day , we get an R-GT class with a Tut"heel" Porsheee 811 and then we finally all laugh about licensing  :p

I'm just thinking they should have done separate classes: Group B '85, Group B '86, and fuse Group B RWD with the rest too.

chukonu said:
I'm just thinking they should have done separate classes: Group B '85, Group B '86, and fuse Group B RWD with the rest too.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I do think we can be a bit smarter with our classes in future. 

KickUp said:
We wanted R4 cars but couldn't license the look of the models due to a lot of complexities in the licensing process. We had to take the version we had from DiRT3 and then set up the handling with the characteristics of the R4.

It is not ideal but the other alternative was to simply remove the car altogether from the game. 
thx for the honest feedback Paul,
I somehow hate licensing , but it's part of the business nowadays..

Though I hope one day , we get an R-GT class with a Tut"heel" Porsheee 811 and then we finally all laugh about licensing  :p
I do think EA's licensing contract with Porsche is supposed to be ending soon, hopefully Porsche decides to not renew it and more games can finally stop using RUF's.

To be honest, I would love if Group B was all one class, where the RWD cars are competitive on tarmac but less so on gravel. 'Early' and 'Late' Group B cars could work too.

Just shows what an embarrassment of riches we have in that area in game though! 7 cars spanning 4 years.

ramPage16 said:
KickUp said:
The 2010s, well you just have to wait and see. 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're all sat here eager to download 0.9 - But this is the official call for the 1.0 hype train!!!!!

Just shows what an embarrassment of riches we have in that area in game though! 7 cars spanning 4 years.
It was a golden age. 

KickUp said:
chukonu said:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I do think we can be a bit smarter with our classes in future. 
Make sure the car list is big then, cause no point having 20 car classes, when most of them have only 2 cars in them ;)

KickUp said:
It was a golden age. 
Indeed, but kudos for securing licenses for all the main protagonists of the era too.

KickUp said:
It was a golden age. 
Indeed, but kudos for securing licenses for all the main protagonists of the era too.
Thank you. That means a lot after some of the comments I've been reading today.