DiRTy Gossip

KickUp said:
KickUp said:
Just shows what an embarrassment of riches we have in that area in game though! 7 cars spanning 4 years.
It was a golden age. 
Indeed, but kudos for securing licenses for all the main protagonists of the era too.
Thank you. That means a lot after some of the comments I've been reading today. 
Dude, seriously?  Please just remember that there are far more of us who really appreciate all of this than there are whiners, but we tend to be the silent majority.

Thank you, Paul.

I'm really happy with DR, but I'll be whining after 1.0 is released and there's no promises of new content hehe

Snaky115 said:
Always appreciate the work, Paul & Co - I have 246 hours as a #KeyBro it's great. :)
I can't believe you've spent 246 hours playing it with a keyboard. How have you not cracked and got a controller or wheel?

Snaky115 said:
Always appreciate the work, Paul & Co - I have 246 hours as a #KeyBro it's great. :)
I can't believe you've spent 246 hours playing it with a keyboard. How have you not cracked and got a controller or wheel?
It's more satisfying to be in the Top 5 of a Daily this way :wink: I've been doing this so long, practicing with a Controller or buying a wheel seems too much effort.

KickUp said:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I do think we can be a bit smarter with our classes in future. 
It's not too late to be smart as the game is still in early access! ;)

Also - thank you for all your hard work.

@KickUp While this update will not be the richest on the content, it seems to be very rich with new features and some important fixes, i'm really anxiously looking forward to try some of those (and i'm seeing you are doing some cool things about the damage, thanks a lot!)

I think we (some guys, even me to some extent) overreacted a little with the "wrong impreza" thing, but i think it's more because we got a bit confused with the situation, Paul. Just remember, Be brave! dealing with people can be a pain sometimes :)

Damn, just tried the mk2 at Wales, here's a small clip:

https://media.giphy.com/media/77Y3XrvWsCTeM/giphy.gif

Sorry @KickUp and the devs for my reaction that didnt look so good but was a First reaction, now i realize that you and the Team surely struggled to get the licenses of the cars

KickUp said:
So, the C4 will only have one blank, red livery?
We've got a blank white one too.  :s
Hey, you've got the car and those are the Citroën colors. I just don't understand why manufacturers have to be so picky with you about liveries. Do they think it will deface their cars or something like that, I wonder?

Snaky115 said:
Snaky115 said:
It's more satisfying to be in the Top 5 of a Daily this way :wink: I've been doing this so long, practicing with a Controller or buying a wheel seems too much effort.
Yeah that's true. I certainly admire the times you are capable of with a keyboard.

Sorry @KickUp and the devs for my reacción that didnt look so good but was a First reaction, now i realize that you and the Team surely struggled to get the licenses of the cars
No worries. I love that you guys are seriously passionate about the game. 
I'm a perfectionist too so knowing this stuff is not right bugs the hell out of me.
If you only knew how hard we have had to fight to get this game made you wouldn't be worried about bumpers etc. 

I think it's just a case of having received so much awesome cars and locations so far, that expectations keep rising with every update and then being dissappointed when it's not what they hoped for. Even though it still brings nice things like fixes and features that people asked for.
What @KickUp and his team have done here for us so far, it's a dream come true. I've never felt more involved and being listened to than with this game.
Sadly people tend to forget this sometimes.
Well done Paul!

I guess DiRT Rally have a much lower budget than previous DiRT games right?

Job3k said:
I think that is a fair assumption. The results have been positive so far though. 

KickUp said:
Job3k said:
I think that is a fair assumption. The results have been positive so far though. 
I could never tell it was. Great efficiency!

We really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into Dirt Rally, Paul - and especially for it squeezing itself into our plane of existence to begin with. Thank you! I only have one complaint about it so far and I am confident it will be fixed in the future anyway sooo... if you ever find yourselves in Sweden, stop by and I'll give you cookies. Lots of them.

Honest.

KickUp said:
Job3k said:
And You Guys showed us how to make a much better game with much lower budget. I can now wait what can You bring with higher budget. Hope will find out someday in future ;)

I wonder what would happen if DiRT Rally started as a project on kickstarter or something like this.

@KickUp Don't worry about the whiners/haters.  We are getting 4 more iconic rally cars that should drive differently than what we already have.  And, what we already have is an amazing assortment of the best rally cars from the past and present.  The car list is already amazing and just getting better!  People writing off the update cause the Subaru has a wing, sheesh, better than nothing!  Plus who cares as long as it drives fun and is competitive with the Mitsubishi.

Keep up the good work guys we love Dirt Rally!

sqdstr said:
What @KickUp and his team have done here for us so far, it's a dream come true. I've never felt more involved and being listened to than with this game.
Sadly people tend to forget this sometimes.
Well done Paul!
That about sums it up. This isn't even Dirt Rally's final form yet and it's already my most played game on Steam and the best rally game I've played. Every update has been well and truly appreciated, and the final product is going to beautifully fill a gap that's been left too long.

Areyouben said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKeAAdjZYAs                                                               

@kickup and the dev team.
Thank you for all the really hard word. The early access version is already the best modern Rally product available, with so many classic rally cars and some excellent stages! I really love Wales and Finland...

Its a little sad codemasters was not awarded the official WRC license with access to more stages and investment $$$ to cover the full 2015 season. But we can all hope for a future release and DLC content.

In my opinion...
Quality cars and handling is better than quantity...
Quality stages is better than total number of stages...
Quality software is more important than the ship date...
Sadly it's impossible to keep everyone happy, so many possible cars and stages.
Dirt Rally has accomplished a wonderful balancing act, especially for an early access product. awesome, thank you to everyone on the team!