Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

Snaky115 said:
Snaky115 said:
Always appreciate the work, Paul & Co - I have 246 hours as a #KeyBro it's great. :)
I can't believe you've spent 246 hours playing it with a keyboard. How have you not cracked and got a controller or wheel?
It's more satisfying to be in the Top 5 of a Daily this way :wink: I've been doing this so long, practicing with a Controller or buying a wheel seems too much effort.
Yeah that's true. I certainly admire the times you are capable of with a keyboard.
I gave up after about 80 hours on keyboard, broke down and got a wheel, but i have to say, i was surprised with how playable it is on keyboard :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did snow handling that we have now on some monte full snow and ice parts is final and will be the same on Sweden ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Also, it has to be said, @KickUp that you are almost a victim of your own professionalism and hard work; people really don't realise this is an EA game, particularly one on a lower budget, so they're treating it like some huge AAA game and whining in a way they seem to think is appropriate.

This is has not been, in anyway an EA game in my eyes, nothing about the work put out has suggested anything less than a full priced game.  Thank you for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Job3k said:
Did snow handling that we have now on some monte full snow and ice parts is final and will be the same on Sweden ?
Monte snow is snow on Tarmac and is driven with a winter Tarmac tyre. Sweden snow is snow on gravel and has a studded gravel style tyre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snaky115 said:
Snaky115 said:
Always appreciate the work, Paul & Co - I have 246 hours as a #KeyBro it's great. :)
I can't believe you've spent 246 hours playing it with a keyboard. How have you not cracked and got a controller or wheel?
It's more satisfying to be in the Top 5 of a Daily this way :wink: I've been doing this so long, practicing with a Controller or buying a wheel seems too much effort.
Yeah that's true. I certainly admire the times you are capable of with a keyboard.
Yep, KeyBros with fast times are pretty much proud of themselves, since it's a bigger challenge not to have full precision of controls. Like this game so much that I already did 263 hours with keyboard. You are just not seeing me as frequent in leaderboards anymore because I'm on a business trip... with only my laptop to play with (average GPU)  :(

@KickUp Tricky question: What is your feeling about whether Codemaster will keep your (Pauls) current team for the future DiRT games, whether you will be getting a bigger budget based on so far results with DR? You know, you have a full fledge of supporters. Sometimes we can be quiet, but count on us nevertheless.

And can someone ANSWER ME ABOUT THAT FOCKIN VAUXHALL ASTRA?!?! Thank you!  >:)


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
Job3k said:
Did snow handling that we have now on some monte full snow and ice parts is final and will be the same on Sweden ?
Monte snow is snow on Tarmac and is driven with a winter Tarmac tyre. Sweden snow is snow on gravel and has a studded gravel style tyre. 
Cool :) Can't wait to try it out,hopefully in november :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
Job3k said:
Did snow handling that we have now on some monte full snow and ice parts is final and will be the same on Sweden ?
Monte snow is snow on Tarmac and is driven with a winter Tarmac tyre. Sweden snow is snow on gravel and has a studded gravel style tyre. 

I remember hearing rally drivers say those studded tires give more grip on snow than normal gravel tires on gravel. So the contrast on handling between Monte snow and Sweden snow will be quite striking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KickUp Tricky question: What is your feeling about whether Codemaster will keep your (Pauls) current team for the future DiRT games, whether you will be getting a bigger budget based on so far results with DR? You know, you have a full fledge of supporters. Sometimes we can be quiet, but count on us nevertheless.

And can someone ANSWER ME ABOUT THAT FOCKIN VAUXHALL ASTRA?!?! Thank you!  >:)
It's looking ok. I think we will need to grow and rework our tech to make a big step forward from DR but your voices have been heard. 

As for that Fockin Vauxhall Astra... You can fock o...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp You got soooooo many questions here and on twitter.. You should think about AMA session ;p

You are so active here and on Steam forums.. Looks like Chief Game Designer and CM at once 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@ kick up

thanks for fighting to make this game come true

some suggestions:  4 cars should be in any class at least

suggestions for the future:  new dlc stages , with immersive environment: like new zealand, australia, or finland :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teknoid85 said:
@ kick up

thanks for fighting to make this game come true

some suggestions:  4 cars should be in any class at least

suggestions for the future:  new dlc stages , with immersive environment: like new zealand, australia, or finland :D
  +1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:

Stuff
It's looking ok. I think we will need to grow and rework our tech to make a big step forward from DR but your voices have been heard. 

As for that Fockin Vauxhall Astra... You can fock o...
It's actually good to hear that our voices *have* been heard, as i and others have already said, we tend to be quieter individuals so 'execs' don't hear what we like and subsequently ignore us.

I know it won't be the primary team anymore, esp if you get the go ahead on DR2, but i really think most of us would pay for Dirt Rally DLC this coming year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:

Stuff
It's looking ok. I think we will need to grow and rework our tech to make a big step forward from DR but your voices have been heard. 

As for that Fockin Vauxhall Astra... You can fock o...
It's actually good to hear that our voices *have* been heard, as i and others have already said, we tend to be quieter individuals so 'execs' don't hear what we like and subsequently ignore us.

I know it won't be the primary team anymore, esp if you get the go ahead on DR2, but i really think most of us would pay for Dirt Rally DLC this coming year.

Shit, I'd pay a monthly subscription for continued support. Give everyone on working on this game a pat on the back for me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No one would complain about more cars - naturally, but more locations of the same standard as what we have now would really add to the game.  Do you have any plans currently to add more rallies this time round?  How would you feel about adding older Dirt content?  And do you plan to add a similar story walk-through and Racenet lobby support to a similar extent as the previous titles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would be more than happy to pay another $60 to do early access all over again, maybe season pass? The monthly release of new content was excellent, it kept the game fresh and the community active. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:

Stuff as F2CMadMaXX pointed  :p
It's looking ok. I think we will need to grow and rework our tech to make a big step forward from DR but your voices have been heard. 

As for that Fockin Vauxhall Astra... You can fock o...
https://youtu.be/-BK1LFlPVb0?t=1m58s


 :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
No one would complain about more cars - naturally, but more locations of the same standard as what we have now would really add to the game.  Do you have any plans currently to add more rallies this time round?  How would you feel about adding older Dirt content?  And do you plan to add a similar story walk-through and Racenet lobby support to a similar extent as the previous titles?
Next months patch includes Sweden and more cars :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Please make a  button for donate!! I'm in love with this game and how Codies are working with it. The last road book was f***g awesome (sorry about that). All the fixes that i wanted for this game comes out!!! Again, DONATE BUTTON for codies please!!! 

BIG THANKS YOU! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xavivg said:
Please make a  button for donate!! I'm in love with this game and how Codies are working with it. The last road book was f***g awesome (sorry about that). All the fixes that i wanted for this game comes out!!! Again, DONATE BUTTON for codies please!!! 

BIG THANKS YOU! 
Hmmm... HA donate button on our steering wheel would be cool :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've never been involved so much in a game like this (and I'm not even a tester). I'm not afraid to say that this team is doing a difference in gaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Procver said:
I've never been involved so much in a game like this (and I'm not even a tester). I'm not afraid to say that this team is doing a difference in gaming.
Same here! I haven't even been a forum member before (i'm quite insecure in this things) or at the least commented / given input on game that i now have. I started lurking in the old forum after seeing Dirt Rally whispers somewhere. Even then it looked like this Dev-Team really wanted make something great and listen to community and after EA things has been just great! 

So you truly are, making something different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well looks like I won't be on DiRT again for a while. Burnt a motor out on wheel playing AC last night. Think I may save up for a thrustmaster wheel?

it was fun while it lasted  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well looks like I won't be on DiRT again for a while. Burnt a motor out on wheel playing AC last night. Think I may save up for a thrustmaster wheel?

it was fun while it lasted  :D
What the fuck, didn't you just buy a new G27?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×