DiRTy Gossip

Well looks like I won't be on DiRT again for a while. Burnt a motor out on wheel playing AC last night. Think I may save up for a thrustmaster wheel?
Wow that sucks. Is it the G27 you just got that broke? There might be a nice Black Friday deal for a T300RS.

Well looks like I won't be on DiRT again for a while. Burnt a motor out on wheel playing AC last night. Think I may save up for a thrustmaster wheel?

it was fun while it lasted  :D
Could be worse, you could have to spend your morning taking a speed awareness course! ****ing average speed cameras!

KickUp said:
Sorry @KickUp and the devs for my reacción that didnt look so good but was a First reaction, now i realize that you and the Team surely struggled to get the licenses of the cars
No worries. I love that you guys are seriously passionate about the game. 
I'm a perfectionist too so knowing this stuff is not right bugs the hell out of me.
If you only knew how hard we have had to fight to get this game made you wouldn't be worried about bumpers etc. 
Maybe one day everyone might know the fights and sacrifices that had to be made to bring us DiRT Rally. But right now I think everyone should be grateful we have this game as well as working towards making it even better than it already is. 

AphDburn said:

What the fuck, didn't you just buy a new G27?
I got one a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't new and it had the ARC mod on it, think I had the settings too high so it's my fault really. ramPage16 said:
Wow that sucks. Is it the G27 you just got that broke? There might be a nice Black Friday deal for a T300RS.
Yeah just been looking at them actually. Will see what's about come the end of November, but that's when I'm planning on booking my trip to Rally Sweden too. Think Sweden will be the priority though 

Could be worse, you could have to spend your morning taking a speed awareness course! ****ing average speed cameras!
Where did you get caught?

@KickUp , @Hatward , @MrJamieLowes and  everyone from the Codemasters team, just ignore all the car list comments ,... they are not important yet ( as long as there are no license)

You guys do a very good job, with the cars and stuff you already made!!
The most important thing for an authentic simulator is that the fundamental is good, ( Stages, physics and handeling)
If thats good then u can build from there on to the future! ( and you guys are really on the right road ! The only way up!)
We are pleased by the way you guys make this DiRT Rally game and we want this also in the future! 

I mean i dont want to go back and compare to RBR again, but they had less cars, less awesome stages etc!

Keep working hard and keep it up! you guys are making history! and I just have no words how much I respect that you guys started to make an authentic rally game! really + points! Love you guyss!!

im happy with all of the game. wales alone is worth the purchase for me.everything else is a bonus.

subaru 2001 and wales is about as good as it could be for me and any car game i ever played. then i have my beloved 205 t16.

everything has gone pretty well with updates.

nothing but love for the game. PS porky sucks :p

I don't understand why the players do not appreciate the amount of work put into the game by devs.

I can only imagine how many gray hairs it costed few people. I can only imagine how much effort was put to bring us this ultimate gaming experience.

Why do you even care about some stupid bumper, rear wing when you see at most in replay?

Does anybody talking about small things like 'invalid cockipit' gave a thought do how many things are to check off the list besides the technical part of creating a car?

What about the whole "budget" things, what about those other people at marketing department that have to accept everything?

What about all these stupid small licenses and really big licences?

What about the others law that we don't even now they exists?

What about how has this game become to a life while we waited for 10 years when no studio had the courage to create something like this? Did you give thought that maybe RBR's devs bankrupcy was keeping dev-companies from creating such a thing? If I'd be an owner I'd do hell of a research before proceeding after competition's fail.

It must have been hell of a commitment from few peple to bring this game to life. I'm really grateful for that.

For me personally DR EA is the most amazing experience I've had in gaming and I do that for a while now. How much feedback is taken in consideration and how thoroughly our opinions are followed is just awesome. It's like I've been in weekly meetings with devs where always something comes out of it.

It's an Early Access and I am already sure this game will stay in target group's PC for at least a decade (well unless you make a sequel).

Before whining take a moment and thinkg about above things and things that I didn't stated here. There's lots of them.

---

Back to update:
Mostly I'm really excited about the additional features that we've receiving. First one is the seat adjustment - I'm pretty confident I'll switch from dashboard cam to headcam as I'll be able to sit closer to the wheel and windshield.
Second thing it the manual wiper/lights - this thing was really deconcentrating when going through corner at 140km/h.
Next great things is a new system to damage model - finally maybe not repairing a radiator will cause terminate damage to engine? At least I hope so because whey devs would bother with creating this messages and all functions if we can't terminate the engine :)

AphDburn said:

I got one a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't new and it had the ARC mod on it, think I had the settings too high so it's my fault really. ramPage16 said:
Yeah just been looking at them actually. Will see what's about come the end of November, but that's when I'm planning on booking my trip to Rally Sweden too. Think Sweden will be the priority though 
I went from a Fanatec GT2 to a Thrustmaster T500 and have no regret what so ever. The Thrustmaster feels good and also very robust quality wise. A T300 would probably be a great choice.

bogani said:
I went from a Fanatec GT2 to a Thrustmaster T500 and have no regret what so ever. The Thrustmaster feels good and also very robust quality wise. A T300 would probably be a great choice.
I've heard that T300RS when it comes to the base is actually better than T500RS, but the pedals on it suck hard xD

Where did you get caught?
On the M4 in 50mph roadworks. I was on the way to meet Prince Charles (true story) but unfortunately that's apparently no excuse

bogani said:
AphDburn said:

Think I'll look out for any deals on a T300 and then get new pedal set and gear changer in the new year. 

Think I'll look out for any deals on a T300 and then get new pedal set and gear changer in the new year. 
Definitely worth taking look at the TH8A shifter and T3PA pedals then.

G37L057 said:
Definitely worth taking look at the TH8A shifter and T3PA pedals then.
I use Fanatec clubsport pedals and shifter. Great priducts aswell.

Anyone know what's going to be affected on the Groub B RWD? Was kind of scared, as if driving with my wheel would no longer be necessary.
What do you mean by not necessary? 

The Manta feels too big & heavy at the minute. It's easy to drive!  I can't wait until we get the V2 monster to wrestle!!

bogani said:

Anyone know what's going to be affected on the Groub B RWD? Was kind of scared, as if driving with my wheel would no longer be necessary.
Oh, I'm just being a turd. I'm guessing it will be a good change, just want the experience to continue to be terrifying. ;)

bogani said:

Oh, I'm just being a turd. I'm guessing it will be a good change, just want the experience to continue to be terrifying. ;)
Oh, the Grp B RWD aren't being updated in this patch, that's in the next one.

@Rallycameraman The G27 pedals are a lot better than the T300 i hear, i think you'll probably be fine with them and the 300 wheel.

@Rallycameraman The G27 pedals are a lot better than the T300 i hear, i think you'll probably be fine with them and the 300 wheel.
T300 pedals are basically G27 pedals without the clutch. It's the G29 pedals that are a lot better ;) But on both G27 and T300 pedals you need to perform progressive brake mod to have a proper brake pedal. At least that's the info I gathered so far while checking which wheel should I be saving up for.

Don't worry about brake mods unless you're playing in a rig. The amount of force needed to push the brake is too high when sitting in a rolling desk chair, and the pedals aren't hardmounted. Using your g27 pedals will give you 1024 resolution, if that's something that matters to you. /watch?v=MJoZyCWUhDs&t=88s

http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm

I have to say, putting the GTEYE spring in mine made a lot more of a difference than i thought it would, +1 would recommend ;)

G37L057 said:
T300 pedals are basically G27 pedals without the clutch. It's the G29 pedals that are a lot better ;) But on both G27 and T300 pedals you need to perform progressive brake mod to have a proper brake pedal. At least that's the info I gathered so far while checking which wheel should I be saving up for.
Thanks for that bit of info guys. I've already got a nixim brake mod, so looks like I won't need to bother with a pedal set, can just buy a wheel which is a bit cheaper!