DiRTy Gossip

KevM said:
Well you can't when going slow....

& why'd no one tell me how much fun the Kadette is with interior view & H shifter & clutch!!
I'll give you a cookie if you stop calling the Kadett a "Kadette". :D

So one of my friends thinks DiRT should've used updated RBR physics. Apparently you can't slide the car in DiRT  :|
Do they mean *they* can't slide the car in dirt?
That's what I said, but they said you have to drive twice as fast as you would in real life. 

So one of my friends thinks DiRT should've used updated RBR physics. Apparently you can't slide the car in DiRT  :|
That's what I said, but they said you have to drive twice as fast as you would in real life. 
I have no problems sliding at all, even at low speed. They seem to need some practice! ;)

I have no problems sliding at all, even at low speed. They seem to need some practice! ;)

Yeah, but your magical skills of controlling virtual multiperson transportation systems is not a force to be challenged.

Seems that you have portuguese friends @Rallycameraman!! They keep saying the same sh*t all over the portuguese forum, that the physics in RBR are the deal, even if, a famous portuguese driver, a well-know guy in WRC that had a few runs in top cars and me that had co-driven everything in between a Seat Marbella and Fiesta R5 (not to brag) keep telling them, that even with the NGP physics it isn't that real. But... they're stubborn. 

Not to say that the RBR NGP physics are that bad too. Simply the game engine couldn't keep up, and have so many defects, that if you try to go around them, things will not be "realistic" as they tend to scream to the world. 

Physics wise, I hope that codies solve the asphalt problem at high speed, the low gravity issue in Finland (V1 cars seems to me to have more fluid runs there) and the FFB be a little more agressive, and I'll be really really happy with them. Everything else wise... RBR is so 10 years ago :P (pun intended)

RBR cars were twice faster than the cars in DiRT Rally, seriously, they felt like they could win a quarter mile against a Toyota TS040 Hybrid.
Though i find DiRT Rally could use some grip reduction on gravel (not by much, it's like 5% less lateral grip and traction)
and a overhaul on the tarmac physics (surface needs to feel a little less slick, needs more lateral grip and less traction)

Incoming gossip material

https://twitter.com/jamielowesdev/status/660887405638103041

gfRally said:
Incoming gossip material

TWO new team members, eh? I know their secret.

KevM said:
Well you can't when going slow....

& why'd no one tell me how much fun the Kadette is with interior view & H shifter & clutch!!
I'll give you a cookie if you stop calling the Kadett a "Kadette". :D
I liked it so much, I gave it a pet name - she's special!  :)

PS - we don't have them here, hence the spelling!!  For some reason the guys here in the UK decided to take the exact same car and rename it a Vauxhall Astra... :)

KevM said:
Before my time Skiddy haha!!               
It's not about "before my time". Kadett was simply replaced by a Vectra or Astra, depends how you look at it, just as the Vectra was replaced by the Insignia. In other words, you do have a Kadett, it's nowadays known as Opel/Vauxhall Insignia.

gfRally said:
Incoming gossip material

So, two new community managers. One spare when the first one throws in the towel? ;)

bogani said:
gfRally said:
Incoming gossip material

So, two new community managers. One spare when the first one throws in the towel? ;)
If these are NOT community managers...  the Gossip question is:  Why are they adding to the team when the project is wrapping up this month?  

This could mean a lot for the future of DiRT Rally and beyond.  Now if we could only track their Environment Artists!  <find my freinds> anyone?

It's very odd, we all found out/knew/know that it's coming this week, but no one i've seen has asked/said/pontificated, the day/date.

I'm thinking tomorrow/monday is a good bet.

I hit RBR physics the other day. I drive a Monaco-ish road every day to work and they had set marble-sized pothole filler that shifted me half-way down my lane on a turn. Don't want RBR physics.  :D

More environment artists would be good indeed.

:D Impreza and pacenote related:

Here onboards from Petter Solberg en Phil Mills , with the pacenotes!

https://youtu.be/VVaFCkEM92w?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxvkb9kEixDfqw4QWe2wxYdY

Enjoy!

Very cool! The white highlight box is especially helpful, but does anyone else wish the video used the bouncing karaoke ball?

Firefox works OK, are you pasting the url with .jpg or .png ending?
It's very odd, we all found out/knew/know that it's coming this week, but no one i've seen has asked/said/pontificated, the day/date.

I'm thinking tomorrow/monday is a good bet.
Monday's too quick - I don't think they can do all things with steam etc. to manage updateable version for all clients.

I'm thinking more of Tuesday or Thursday (when new netcode is going to be updated which's confirmed).

So, good points, but netcode confirmed on Thursday is separate, i don't think that'll be related.

Monday would ordinarily be too soon, but i'm 99% confident that they were ready to release early last week, but there was a hold up with the licensing, based on that, i'm thinking Mon/Tues is very likely unless they've decided to hold it back to coincide with another 'thing' they were going to look at.

Didn't manage to spend any time this weekend knocking out a few WRX championships to get the bank balance up though :(  - It takes so long even in just the professional championship to earn cash, what is it, 8 or 10 stages and 70k to 100k maybe if you win it?

WRX Red Bull championship on the other hand, what? 20 minutes, easy to win or come close, nets you 140k to 160k easily regardless.

Wasn't Dirt Rally Steam DB updated last week sometime? I think they've done the steam stuff they just couldn't launch the update because of license.