DiRTy Gossip

AphDburn said:
Wasn't Dirt Rally Steam DB updated last week sometime? I think they've done the steam stuff they just couldn't launch the update because of license. 

There were certainly some updates done last week, yes.

AphDburn said:
They better not be fucking trolling us again https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline
Haha, so in this case, i don't believe they are, and, here's Paul himself directly from last weeks Road Book.
As many of you will have already known this week didn’t go entirely to plan. We had originally planned to release the Modern Masters pack however we were unable to do so as we hadn’t received all the necessary permissions to feature one of the cars.
I figure with it being just around the corner I might as well explain a bit about what you can expect next week.

I wish the two new guys are physicists

So they can match the almighty RBR physics.

EDIT: yes, i.m being sarcastic

rbr :D as much as i liked that game sorry this game is alot better. there we go now lets move on its 2015 nearly 16.

OzoreXS said:
Sarcasm not detected?

I expected to be noticable enough xD
99% sure way of informing about a sarcasm used in a sentence is to put "xD" at the end of it ;)

G37L057 said:
It's not about "before my time". Kadett was simply replaced by a Vectra or Astra, depends how you look at it, just as the Vectra was replaced by the Insignia. In other words, you do have a Kadett, it's nowadays known as Opel/Vauxhall Insignia.
The Vectra, that was preceded by the Cavalier, which became the Vectra & then Insignia (all had nothing to do with the Kadett). 

The Kadett preceded the Vauxhall Viva & Chevette, which were both replaced by the Vauxhall Astra, which was brought to the UK market in 1979.  As I was born in 1979, the Kadett also preceded me, hence it was "Before my Time".

For fear of this turning into another 'Which Impreza' hi-jack, we'll park this one up!! :)

Interesting Vauxhall is a subsid of GM (Chevrolet) we also had a Cavalier and A Chevette (Sh**vette) both POS cars

KevM said:
G37L057 said:
It's not about "before my time". Kadett was simply replaced by a Vectra or Astra, depends how you look at it, just as the Vectra was replaced by the Insignia. In other words, you do have a Kadett, it's nowadays known as Opel/Vauxhall Insignia.
The Kadett preceded the Vauxhall Viva & Chevette, which were both replaced by the Vauxhall Astra, which was brought to the UK market in 1979.  As I was born in 1979, the Kadett also preceded me, hence it was "Before my Time".

For fear of this turning into another 'Which Impreza' hi-jack, we'll park this one up!! :)
You're looking at the UK, which is Vauxhall and runs on slightly different rules than Opel. What in UK was called already an Vauxhall Astra, was still known as Opel Kadett in rest of Europe. Kadett E was in production till 1991, which is even though I was born in 1992, I saw so many Kadett's it ain't even funny.
The cars in DiRT Rally are Opel's, not Vauxhall's, so let's keep that in mind when discussing cars, because Opel is not a 100% Vauxhall.

In short, this is the Kadett that I know, but those that live in the "Vauxhall" countries will already see it as an Astra ;)

The cars in DiRT Rally are Opel's, not Vauxhall's, so let's keep that in mind when discussing cars, because Opel is not a 100% Vauxhall.

In short, this is the Kadett that I know, but those that live in the "Vauxhall" countries will already see it as an Astra ;)

And be that was a Pontiac lemans here in the US (no respect to classic muscle car)

I see we have shifted from the entire history of subarus to the entire history of vauxhalls
Every day is a learning day in the DiRTy Gossip thread! 

Now that just doesn't fit Pontiac at all!

In other related news: Until when did the Kadett live in your Country? Here in Brazil it went up to 1998... (since we're all off topic'ng, lemme catch that bus too! :blush: )

GM's local branding made a lot of sense for a lot of years but in the more global age we have now they're really going to struggle with Opel, Chevrolet (the US one and the former Daewoo one), Vauxhall, Holden etc.

ahhh the good old astra gte 16v used to remember lots of those racing about :D

i prefer the older fords though.

Codemasters, if you're allowed to ship DiRT Rally onto consoles, then hopefully the whole project will end up being much more profitable, and allow DiRT Rally 2 to appear :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9zAEAeBO3w

TPJP said:
Update live. Is 6.5Gb too long to download.
Under 20 minutes for me with 5MB/s + download speed. I'll get the update before the stream goes live xD

G37L057 said:
TPJP said:
Update live. Is 6.5Gb too long to download.
Under 20 minutes for me with 5MB/s + download speed. I'll get the update before the stream goes live xD
For me 1Mb/s, yes slow internet.