DiRTy Gossip

Kind of off topic, but was there ever a page or poll that showed where people live? By the time I wake up, every else has basically gone to sleep... :|

versedi said:
The seat position's not saved...well that's quite problematic. ;)
Eh?? It should save per car!!
My fault.
I've started the normal championship adjusted the seat and didn't finished the stage. Quited.
I've started custom championship, adjusted, finished one stage - and here the seat's saved how it's supposed to be after loading :)
I've loaded my normal championship back and it was default - but it was same stage back.

So I conclude that you have to finish a stage to save a seat adjustment :)

P.S. Only awesomeness in this update :)
The gr. A Subaru is a beast now :D

P.S.2 Whining about spoiler starts again, oh boy...

P.S.3 CURRENT LEADERSBOARDS after daily, awesome!!

gfRally said:
So no breakthrough gossip material in the live stream?  
they said there will be more modern cars in winter wonderland than in modern masters, which means at least 5 more cars to come :) 

I'll leave this here too, for anybody interested:
SkyRex said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ked3QVvYczE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnaD5d5wr6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E6FJsIZTU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vITAwyFdHPY

So my update isn't even download on 1mbps! I feel like i'm on 56k dial up!!
Look on the bright side, At least the guys at CM offered you a new wheel. I hear it's a Thrustmaster.

SkyRex said:
gfRally said:
So no breakthrough gossip material in the live stream?  
they said there will be more modern cars in winter wonderland than in modern masters, which means at least 5 more cars to come :) 
Great videos thanks. I think you might have selective hearing though! Pretty sure he meant that there will be a (or some) car(s) in WW that were 'more modern', aka 'more recent', aka 'younger'. Not 'more cars', just 'more recent'.

Which is also known to various Twitter followers/stalkers as there was already a reply on there to someone stating that there would be an extension to the 2010s and (at least) one of the DS3, i20 or Polo was in development.

Have no indication of numbers for the new pack, some classes will remain with 2 cars, so at least one of F2, 60s, Group B RWD and 80s RWD will see no further vehicles. Obviously, if they are able to secure the Renaults that would sort that out for two of those classes, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. 

The Periodic Table was alluded to, which I will consult a bit later and summarise.

JZStudios said:
Look on the bright side, At least the guys at CM offered you a new wheel. I hear it's a Thrustmaster.
Yeah, that wheel seems a right beast!

World champion after two bottles of beer... I know what you want to say: DocStrangelove, you're too awesome for this world! Well to be honest, I think you're right.

I've just gone from 500kb to 1.9mb! 
I'm still at work.  Just phoned ahead to get the wife to switch the PC on!  By the time I get home, we should be good to go!!

JZStudios said:
I'm not sure how I feel going up against someone with a wheel like that brandished by the Dev's themselves. It probably has cheatware in it.

JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
I'm not sure how I feel going up against someone with a wheel like that brandished by the Dev's themselves. It probably has cheatware in it.
I'm sure it has a "Nitro" button somewhere...

So as a show of good faith, I would like to ask anyone and everyone to head over to the suggestion box where I made a poll to Geolocate the DiRT community. I think it would be nice to show the diversity (or perhaps lack thereof) of the dirty mongrels in the community, and perhaps to help show what languages would need more or less support. Here's looking at you Spain and Italy.

JZStudios said:
So as a show of good faith, I would like to ask anyone and everyone to head over to the suggestion box where I made a poll to Geolocate the DiRT community. I think it would be nice to show the diversity (or perhaps lack thereof) of the dirty mongrels in the community, and perhaps to help show what languages would need more or less support. Here's looking at you Spain and Italy.
It'd be pretty cool if the forums could put a little flag next to our usernames too, like what happens on the leader boards. 

@Rallycameraman I thought @KickUp was pretty clear that the game just can't handle another car on the stage.  Something about computing overhead or game engine...  Not sure

No need for that, it would be nice to enter a lobby with other players and then all start at the same time, having end of stage current positions

Yeah, it's just not going to happen beyond live timings.
While it's less authentic, you could say it's a more pure way of doing it as other plays will have absolutely no impact on your own results..

gfRally said:
@Rallycameraman I thought @KickUp was pretty clear that the game just can't handle another car on the stage.  Something about computing overhead or game engine...  Not sure
I'm not bothered about that, it'd just be nice to compete against other 'live' if you know what I mean. Don't have to see the cars even as a ghost.

@Rallycameraman I agree with you completely.
It could be basically an online-career mode in which your opponents would be real players times.
The thing is to separate the leagues from this potential pvp mode - so in leagues you wouldn't make money and you wouldn't spend money (which isn't like that as far as I remember - you spend but don't make any money).
In online career / pvp career you'd spend money and gain money according to your results.
The matchmaking could be based on distance driven, enginers level etc.

Dique said:
since yesterday's dirt show, there is still hope.
Don't want to be the guy that is "it's been already mentioned", but... it was already mentioned xD
G37L057 said:
The DiRT Show gave an answer to a very important question.

We can still have hope for the Quattro E2 appearing in the game :D Though it's definitely not gonna appear with the Winter Wonderland, so n ot in this year then. My guess is march 2016 is when Quattro E2 will descend upon the Group B :D