DiRTy Gossip

macebig said:
Rally MP doesnt have to be straight on track.Just player ghosts or even timing can do it.
No ghosts! Would absolutely hate that! ARCADE! POPCORN!

macebig said:
Rally MP doesnt have to be straight on track.Just player ghosts or even timing can do it.

There would most likely be an option to turn them off if you didn't like it. People always forget it's possible to have options.

I wouldn't want to drive with ghost cars, but it would be kind of nice of having the option of showing a ghost car in the replays.

It would be great if there is a lobby where you can join with random people (or friends), the host selects stages and cars and you just do the stage and wait. There would be a limited time to complete the stage . Then results are shown. That would be perfect imo with no other cars needed. 

It would be great if there is a lobby where you can join with random people (or friends), the host selects stages and cars and you just do the stage and wait. There would be a limited time to complete the stage . Then results are shown. That would be perfect imo with no other cars needed. 

Add a little chat box on it and that would be re-perfect.

I hate playing this game on Keyboard :( And as I'm now going to have to cancel my Sweden WRC trip due to needing my work holidays for some other matters, I think i'll be reinvesting in a wheel again very soon. But first, Wales Rally GB awaits next week!

Will you visit the DR booth at Rally GB? Also, there's a way to play with a mouse if you feel like trying that :p

Shame on the timing because I recently got rid of my old original Driving Force Pro, which still worked perfectly fine.
Bit old, but imagine it would still work with PC. I'd have given it away.

ramPage16 said:
Will you visit the DR booth at Rally GB? Also, there's a way to play with a mouse if you feel like trying that :p
Yes i'll definitely be trying the D-Box again at Rally GB. Got unfinished business with it :p

I hate playing this game on Keyboard :( And as I'm now going to have to cancel my Sweden WRC trip due to needing my work holidays for some other matters, I think i'll be reinvesting in a wheel again very soon. But first, Wales Rally GB awaits next week!
So I take you didn't grab CMs cheatware wheel then?

I've also been playing on a Xbone controller as of late, and it's actually surprisingly good. Wonder if they could work in the rumble triggers?

JZStudios said:
I've also been playing on a Xbone controller as of late, and it's actually surprisingly good. Wonder if they could work in the rumble triggers?
I've been experimenting with the controller as well, and I have to say the devs have done a brilliant job with it. Wheel wins every day for accuracy at speed, but for everything else I'm just as good on the pad as I am on the wheel. 

I'm heading back to Blighty for Christmas, kinda bummed it won't coincide with RallyGB.

JZStudios said:
So I take you didn't grab CMs cheatware wheel then?
The bastards haven't replied to me yet :( 

Ghosts is an important part of "driving school". They are good teachers. And they can be disallowed in rated/online races. Who said that you will be forced to play with ghosts? But many players will be glad to understand own mistakes using a ghosts.

EddDragn said:
Ghosts is an important part of "driving school". They are good teachers. And they can be disallowed in rated/online races. Who said that you will be forced to play with ghosts? But many players will be glad to understand own mistakes using a ghosts.
I just don't think they have any place in a realistic rally game. That's not what rally is, it is you on your own against the elements. You shouldn't know what others are doing until the end of each stage, that's part of the challenge

Practice and practice and much more practice should be before realistic/final/man's rally challenge. And there are a lot of place for the "teachers" when you are doing practice. I can't understand why it so confusing you.

So, in lieu of some new gossip material, I thought I'd have a look at where we stand with regards to the Periodic Table and my verdicts for which parts might get it or might not:

60s: Two cars in (Mini, Lancia). Of the remaining two, the Alpine A110 (really should be in 70s for my reckoning) we know has been seen and is experiencing licencing issues along with other Renaults and the Saab we know nothing about. It would be a new manufacturer, which creates a bit of doubt, but it would fit the Swedish pack absolutely perfectly so hopefully it’s been designed to coincide with Winter Wonderland

Alpine: Unlikely

Saab: Possible

70s: All the cars are in. There could be several candidates to expand the class further (Peugeot 504, Nissan 160J, Talbot Sunbeam) but they would seem unlikely when there are other areas that could benefit from expansion more.

80s RWD: Again, this one saw an unlikely preview of the Renault earlier in the year, but all has gone very quiet on that front since. The BMW and Ford are the ‘major’ cars from that era and both are in. The Opel Ascona would seem a strange match for them, seeing as it was around in the pre-Group B days instead of post-Group B like the others, but there does seem to be a good relationship with Opel.

Renault 5: Unlikely

Opel Ascona: Possible

Group B RWD: The Lancia and Opel Manta are in already, the Renault seems highly improbable seeing as it wasn’t even included in the leaked content previously. With the Mazda, Paul referenced it on Twitter a while back suggesting that they hadn’t considered it at that point, so if that is to appear I doubt it will be anytime soon.

Renault 5 Maxi: Highly Unlikely

Mazda RX7: Unlikely

Group B 4WD: All cars are in, there’s some clamour for the Audi S1 E2, but we already know it’s not in planning.

Group A: Three of the four are in, but the Toyota has been ruled out. We also know now why there was no Lancer/Charisma on the table.

Toyota Celica GT-Four: Impossible

F2: Two of the four are in. The Renault Megane seems unlikely considering it wasn’t in the Tarmac pack and the general Renault licencing issues, we know the Astra has been considered and would like to be included but as of two (?) months ago it wasn’t in development. There are a few left-field choices for expanding this class (Hyundai, Skoda) but I wouldn’t count on it.

Renault Megane Maxi: Highly Unlikely

Vauxhall/Opel Astra: Highly Unlikely

2000s: Two of the original five are in, but two others have been added since. As the reason given was ‘to bring the class up to four cars’, that would imply that the other three are unlikely to be available. Of those, we know historically CM haven’t been able to licence Skodas, the Citroen Xsara has been ruled out by Paul and we haven’t heard anything further about the 307.

Skoda Fabia: Highly Unlikely

Citroen Xsara: Impossible

Peugeot 307: Unlikely

2010s/2015: Clearly a bit of restructuring has been forced here, as the two originally planned 2010s cars are now in 2000s and there have clearly been issues with getting permission for some of the more recent machines. However, at least one of the Hyundai i20, [Citroen] DS3 or VW Polo has (I think) been confirmed by Paul on Twitter. We know EA has used the Hyundai and Milestone have included the VW and DS, so we’ll have to see which have been obtainable.

Hyundai i20: Possible

VW Polo: Possible

[Citroen] DS 3: Unlikely

R1-3, R5: We’ve had confirmation by Paul that neither R2 or R5 cars are currently being worked on and their feasibility for the future is being investigated. Consensus seems to be that new cars in Winter Wonderland will expand existing classes rather than add new ones too, which makes sense.

R4: Two of the three are in, I think if the Evo IX was going to be included it would have been in the Modern Masters update.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX: Highly Unlikely

Hillclimb/RallyCross: Not my cup of tea, but it seems likely there’ll be a more modern hillclimb car on the way. Maybe if the 2010s addition is the Hyundai, the hillclimb addition will be the Rhys Millen Hyundai?

Any thoughts?

In real life there will be a man who will say you where you failed and why.
In the game it is easier to use a ghost or a color ribbon on the road. Both used in several "racing sims".

i have never seen in a real rally ghosts Racing
Can you assert that the principle "follow a more experienced pilot" is not used in real training?

so this is a sim
Almost so. This is a realistic GAME for a wide range of players.

So, in lieu of some new gossip material, I thought I'd have a look at where we stand with regards to the Periodic Table and my verdicts for which parts might get it or might not:

60s: Two cars in (Mini, Lancia). Of the remaining two, the Alpine A110 (really should be in 70s for my reckoning) we know has been seen and is experiencing licencing issues along with other Renaults and the Saab we know nothing about. It would be a new manufacturer, which creates a bit of doubt, but it would fit the Swedish pack absolutely perfectly so hopefully it’s been designed to coincide with Winter Wonderland

Alpine: Unlikely

Saab: Possible

70s: All the cars are in. There could be several candidates to expand the class further (Peugeot 504, Nissan 160J, Talbot Sunbeam) but they would seem unlikely when there are other areas that could benefit from expansion more.

80s RWD: Again, this one saw an unlikely preview of the Renault earlier in the year, but all has gone very quiet on that front since. The BMW and Ford are the ‘major’ cars from that era and both are in. The Opel Ascona would seem a strange match for them, seeing as it was around in the pre-Group B days instead of post-Group B like the others, but there does seem to be a good relationship with Opel.

Renault 5: Unlikely

Opel Ascona: Possible

Group B RWD: The Lancia and Opel Manta are in already, the Renault seems highly improbable seeing as it wasn’t even included in the leaked content previously. With the Mazda, Paul referenced it on Twitter a while back suggesting that they hadn’t considered it at that point, so if that is to appear I doubt it will be anytime soon.

Renault 5 Maxi: Highly Unlikely

Mazda RX7: Unlikely

Group B 4WD: All cars are in, there’s some clamour for the Audi S1 E2, but we already know it’s not in planning.

Group A: Three of the four are in, but the Toyota has been ruled out. We also know now why there was no Lancer/Charisma on the table.

Toyota Celica GT-Four: Impossible

F2: Two of the four are in. The Renault Megane seems unlikely considering it wasn’t in the Tarmac pack and the general Renault licencing issues, we know the Astra has been considered and would like to be included but as of two (?) months ago it wasn’t in development. There are a few left-field choices for expanding this class (Hyundai, Skoda) but I wouldn’t count on it.

Renault Megane Maxi: Highly Unlikely

Vauxhall/Opel Astra: Highly Unlikely

2000s: Two of the original five are in, but two others have been added since. As the reason given was ‘to bring the class up to four cars’, that would imply that the other three are unlikely to be available. Of those, we know historically CM haven’t been able to licence Skodas, the Citroen Xsara has been ruled out by Paul and we haven’t heard anything further about the 307.

Skoda Fabia: Highly Unlikely

Citroen Xsara: Impossible

Peugeot 307: Unlikely

2010s/2015: Clearly a bit of restructuring has been forced here, as the two originally planned 2010s cars are now in 2000s and there have clearly been issues with getting permission for some of the more recent machines. However, at least one of the Hyundai i20, [Citroen] DS3 or VW Polo has (I think) been confirmed by Paul on Twitter. We know EA has used the Hyundai and Milestone have included the VW and DS, so we’ll have to see which have been obtainable.

Hyundai i20: Possible

VW Polo: Possible

[Citroen] DS 3: Unlikely

R1-3, R5: We’ve had confirmation by Paul that neither R2 or R5 cars are currently being worked on and their feasibility for the future is being investigated. Consensus seems to be that new cars in Winter Wonderland will expand existing classes rather than add new ones too, which makes sense.

R4: Two of the three are in, I think if the Evo IX was going to be included it would have been in the Modern Masters update.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX: Highly Unlikely

Hillclimb/RallyCross: Not my cup of tea, but it seems likely there’ll be a more modern hillclimb car on the way. Maybe if the 2010s addition is the Hyundai, the hillclimb addition will be the Rhys Millen Hyundai?

Any thoughts?

There has been talk about a RX entry class, so I guess RX lites might be possible.

Then we have the super secret cars that Paul mentioned. I don't believe those are on the periodic table. I have hopes for Colin's Impreza 97/98 but creating a new class for one car would be strange.

EddDragn said:
In real life there will be a man who will say you where you failed and why.
In the game it is easier to use a ghost or a color ribbon on the road. Both used in several "racing sims".

i have never seen in a real rally ghosts Racing
Can you assert that the principle "follow a more experienced pilot" is not used in real training?

so this is a sim
Almost so. This is a realistic GAME for a wide range of players.

I just don't think it is a good way to learn. You should be learning through listening to your co driver, not through lines or ghosts. They just don't belong in the game. Not saying that beginners shouldn't get help, just not in this way

bogani said:

There has been talk about a RX entry class, so I guess RX lites might be possible.

Then we have the super secret cars that Paul mentioned. I don't believe those are on the periodic table. I have hopes for Colin's Impreza 97/98 but creating a new class for one car would be strange.

jeeez , how I would love to see an "End of 90s Class" with 97/98 Colin's impreza WRC ; peugeot 206 WRC and Cordoba WRC and/or Hyundai Accent WRC or Skoda Octavia WRC getting added on either final release or as DLC pack .

o:)