DiRTy Gossip

TanHammer said:
Gone are the days of amazing CGI intro's which looked 10x better than the actual game  ;)
Which looked completely different from the in-engine game, yeah, but CGI intros and cutscenes are still around.
Alien: Isolation made generous use of them.
If you're playing a game and wonder why the framerate suddenly dips to 30, or lower, just in cutscenes, it's probably because it's CGI and was rendered at those framerates, so literally can't be any smoother.
Funny thing now is CGI scenes can sometimes look worse than in-engine because of video compression.

Well every car from a manufacturer that doesn't allow the use of the real liveries can look white. :blush: 

Plus, after a stage in Sweden each and every car is white as well lol.

sqdstr said:
 He also said he didnt wanna tell us which carS come with winter wonderland so I guess we'll get more than one
In the dirt show at the 22:05 mark, he said that there will be more modern cars in winter wonderland then modern masters pack...
Or did i dream that?
(Cant watch it again were i am atm)

I wonder, is this new update a Rally update or will it also have something else. I would prefer if all new cars were rally cars but I can also understand why they would include others, after all, it's version 1.0, the full release, gotta get everything you want and can in there.

Skroxs said:
sqdstr said:
 He also said he didnt wanna tell us which carS come with winter wonderland so I guess we'll get more than one
In the dirt show at the 22:05 mark, he said that there will be more modern cars in winter wonderland then modern masters pack...
Or did i dream that?
I think that's more recent rather than more in quantity, I would believe. For example, the Citroen was 2010 so something newer than that. As he already confirmed to someone on Twitter that at least one of the DS3, Polo or i20 would be added, I don't think it means any more than that.

Areyouben said:
Well every car from a manufacturer that doesn't allow the use of the real liveries can look white. :blush: 

Whilst true, the 'red one' was clearly a hint for the C4, so I would say the 'white one' would probably be something associated with that as a base colour. Looking at possibilities, we know there'll be something very modern added to 2010s, and from the three options the Polo would be most likely; DS3 maybe but Hyundai surely would be silver. Taking my own periodic table analysis from above, others that would fit the 'white one' base would probably be the Mazda RX7 and Skoda Fabia (which is unlikely), but not much else. I guess there are white Saabs, but I tend to associate them with darker colours.

I understand that @KickUp is probably reading this going "you got all that from two words?" (or alternatively, "stop stalking me") though, so might be shooting at thin air.....

Skroxs said:
sqdstr said:
Or did i dream that?
I think that's more recent rather than more in quantity, I would believe. For example, the Citroen was 2010 so something newer than that. As he already confirmed to someone on Twitter that at least one of the DS3, Polo or i20 would be added, I don't think it means any more than that.
I think you're looking way to much into what Paul said during the last DiRT Show, trying to find underlying meanings and whatnot. Remember, Paul says, shortly afterward, that he gave a "pretty good clue" after saying "more modern cars than what you've seen on modern masters", suggesting that you should take the phrase (clue) at face value and that we are, indeed, getting at least 5 cars in this last update.

On another curious note, Paul also says, regarding the cars, that he's been pretty flooded with update messages from the car team, suggesting also that they have quite a lot of work on their hands, i. e. building quite some cars.

Skroxs said:
sqdstr said:
Or did i dream that?
I think you're looking way to much into what Paul said during the last DiRT Show, trying to find underlying meanings and whatnot. Remember, Paul says, shortly afterward, that he gave a "pretty good clue" after saying "more modern cars than what you've seen on modern masters", suggesting that you should take the phrase (clue) at face value and that we are, indeed, getting at least 5 cars in this last update.

On another curious note, Paul also says, regarding the cars, that he's been pretty flooded with update messages from the car team, suggesting also that they have quite a lot of work on their hands, i. e. building quite some cars.
I disagree, in my mind he was clearly meaning that the pack will include a car or cars that is/are more modern, as in more recent cars, not that there will be more than 4 of them, although that could still be true

We shall see. Bear in mind that this is the update that will make the game V1.0, a full release. If they have anything else to add, they have to do it now, considering DLC is uncertain at this point.

Skroxs said:
sqdstr said:
Or did i dream that?

I'm not sure if English is your first language (not a criticism if not, I'm amazed and impressed when people can speak multiple tongues as well as many members of this board!), but "more modern" in that context means "more recent", so that is face value; not a hidden meaning. The "pretty good clue" is likely that there are only three possible "more modern" cars to choose from, so it must be (at least) one of those. Just trying to reign back your optimism slightly!

To be honest, I thought the flooded with messages part was referring to the subscription to this thread; so it will probably be the same after today! Would have to watch again to check that.

warpengage said:
We shall see. Bear in mind that this is the update that will make the game V1.0, a full release. If they have anything else to add, they have to do it now, considering DLC is uncertain at this point.

True, but there was also a hint that the full gravel version of Pike's Peak would be added at a later date, which could potentially mean the odd further addition, especially if a console version is confirmed I'd guess.

About the C4, is Codemasters not allowed to make their own liveries?
It was mentioned somewhere before that some car manufacturers didn't want to see fictional liveries on their cars, so yes that could be an issue.. as well as being unable to get their hands on the licenses for the official ones. It's such a shame.

A part of me wants to think that If SLRE wasn't made that DR would have a few more cars.  

The other part of me thinks that all the red bull stuff tied to Sebastian Loeb might have conflicted with WRX monster energy advertising so a lot of his cars where not allowed.  Yes Liveries are separate from cars, but sponsors give a lot of money for some cars to even happen (SL and Peugeot would probably not done pike peak without them) so may not be able to have the car without the livery, opposite to the current C4 in the game, but similar reasoning.

anyhow just some theories for gossip   

About the C4, is Codemasters not allowed to make their own liveries?
It was mentioned somewhere before that some car manufacturers didn't want to see fictional liveries on their cars, so yes that could be an issue.. as well as being unable to get their hands on the licenses for the official ones. It's such a shame.
We made a load and ended up having to throw them in the bin. 

Email them to me, il drip-feed them out as community mods :)

I'm not sure if English is your first language (not a criticism if not, I'm amazed and impressed when people can speak multiple tongues as well as many members of this board!), but "more modern" in that context means "more recent", so that is face value; not a hidden meaning. The "pretty good clue" is likely that there are only three possible "more modern" cars to choose from, so it must be (at least) one of those. Just trying to reign back your optimism slightly!

To be honest, I thought the flooded with messages part was referring to the subscription to this thread; so it will probably be the same after today! Would have to watch again to check that.
To address you, English is and is not my mother tongue, in the sense that I'm not from an English-speaking country but I have been taught English from a very young age, making it like a second mother tongue to me. Regarding context, I think you have to listen and interpret, closely, the question that is asked to Paul, because it's from there that the line of logic comes from. The question is as follows: "Can we expect more modern cars, in the future, after this update, or is that the end of it?". To me, another way to ask that question is: "Are the Modern Masters cars the last modern cars added to the game or will there be more of them?", and Paul answers "Yes, there will be more (of those) modern cars, more than what you got on the Modern Masters". I wouldn't call myself an optimist at this point. An optimist was when I was expecting R2s, R3s, R5s and all those to show up, on top of WRC cars. That was optimism. Now, I'm definitely more of a realist who's trying to reign back your pessimism slightly! ;)

About the messages part, I double and triple checked. Indeed, I was wrong, I concur with you. He was definitely talking about we being busy in the Gossip thread.

You can read it that way, warpengage, however, in English, particularly British English, "more" can and is used to infer both an increase in numbers, as well as something being an increase in the following word.

In this case, "more modern" can actually be used on it's own, to infer that the cars will be "newer than".

Also, someone Google-foo the crap outta this please :)
I tried for a while, but i'm not great at this, and in all honesty, i suddenly wondered if it was an 'out there' image, like the clue for the '07 Focus, or if it was one taken by the CM team.

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/662731470650273792/photo/1

gfRally said:
A part of me wants to think that If SLRE wasn't made that DR would have a few more cars.  

The other part of me thinks that all the red bull stuff tied to Sebastian Loeb might have conflicted with WRX monster energy advertising
Possible, though a hilariously moot point if RB were to complain, saying as the WRX license means we have Red Bull liveries in the game already on the 208's.
Worth bearing in mind DiRT 3 also featured Red Bull liveries (on the C4 no less) and Monster (Ken Block, etc).
Honestly, I think Red Bull don't have the attitude of 'our brand or no brand'. 
They seem keener just to have their brand in as many places as possible. Possibly part of why they are, in fact, in the WRX to remind people they exist.

Also worth noting the lack of Monster liveries outside of WRX as well, which, funnily enough, are most prevalent on the DS3.
Citroen have their fingers in multiple energy drink pies (ew)

Back when I was tied to the Xbox 360 for DiRT, the situation with liveries in the game was certainly a very big one.
Thankfully, we are in a happier place on PC, even if it is a little more complicated.

You can read it that way, warpengage, however, in English, particularly British English, "more" can and is used to infer both an increase in numbers, as well as something being an increase in the following word.

In this case, "more modern" can actually be used on it's own, to infer that the cars will be "newer than".
Both ways to interpret are correct, but I think mine might make more sense in the context of the question asked
Also, someone Google-foo the crap outta this please :)

Done, it's the i20 WRC

@BrySkye 

I was thinking it was more the opposite that WRX/Monster energy would dampen the use of other energy drinks.  True DiRT3 had both in their liveries, they didn't have the clout as Monster does with WRX in the game.  It was just a shot from the hip reason why no energy drinks have appeared in the game other than Monster.