DiRTy Gossip

Definately i20 WRC                                                                            

Also, someone Google-foo the crap outta this please :)
I tried for a while, but i'm not great at this, and in all honesty, i suddenly wondered if it was an 'out there' image, like the clue for the '07 Focus, or if it was one taken by the CM team.

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/662731470650273792/photo/1

I think I've found something ;)
(well, I took 30 minutes to write this post, lol):

https://twitter.com/ilchiodi/status/662758496400769025

I started searching for the 3 wrc cars that aren't in the game for now.
I found out that it couldn't be the DS3 WRC

or the Polo WRC

There was only one car left: the i20.

The shape of the black panel under the window loocked pretty similar to the one in the photo posted by Paul:

But the most important photo is this:

I'm not an expert on suspension but it really looks like it's the same as the one posted by Paul

There's even the same blue sticker!

You can see it very well in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtDHl-a1-cE

Hyundai i20 confirmed!

gfRally said:

@BrySkye 
It was just a shot from the hip reason why no energy drinks have appeared in the game other than Monster.  
I kinda gathered that, but the thing is that there actually are other ones. 
In fact, looking through them just now, there are more Red Bull liveries than Monster ones!
All the (current) Energy Drink liveries in the game

Random fact: I know we had a debate here about car liveries having no affect on peoples desire to drink or smoke, but I absolutely, 100% blame DiRT 2 for getting me to start drinking Monster.

Well the i20 surely isn't the only car we get in the final pack. :smile: I have been hoping for the 307 and this cutie pie, such a unique sound!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7eoQCWxv2U

And I know a certain someone who'd love to see this one in as well.

I'm pretty sure there was already alluded to the 307cc before? Maybe I'm dreaming.

So anyway, they also said that there will be more cars in Sweden patch, so let's say 5 cars:
307cc
i20
Evo IX
+ the two renaults?

Got to say guys.......

I'm impressed. I think you figured out that from a pixelated image of a rollcage connection arm in less time than it even took to get the Focus one.

Great service to the Gossip thread all, I commend you.

chukonu said:
I'm pretty sure there was already alluded to the 307cc before? Maybe I'm dreaming.

So anyway, they also said that there will be more cars in Sweden patch, so let's say 5 cars:
307cc
i20
Evo IX
+ the two renaults?
Aren't the 307/Evo IX 2005's ish? I think they're done with that class.

307cc would be in the 2000s and the IX would be R4 class.
And maybe they will split up 2000s into early and late.

I believe it's a combo of money available and timing that's apparently allowing them some new(er) cars in the WW pack, i like :)

Also, so far as liveries are concerned, remember to 'discount' the WRX ones, they come as part of the WRX license, which is complete, all cars, drivers, liveries etc, not separate, it's a package deal.

Got to say guys.......

I'm impressed. I think you figured out that from a pixelated image of a rollcage connection arm in less time than it even took to get the Focus one.

Great service to the Gossip thread all, I commend you.
+1. *Check thread* ...ooh, a sneaky photo, gossip... *keep reading* ...holy crap they actually figured it out. :astonished: 

chukonu said:

307cc
i20
Evo IX
+ the two renaults?
More as in more modern cars, not more as in bigger number. At least that is my interpretation.

My guess is that "white" car Paul was talking about on twitter won't be the i20 WRC as they are more light blue / grey ish as base color, so the white one could be either (if we stay in the same car class) Polo WRC or DS3 WRC. Their "Abu Dhabi" livery in 2013 & 2014 was also based on a white car.
Unless there will be a new class introduced with Winter Wonderland? Maybe R5 if the rumours about that Mitsubishi R5 are true, that's also a white car, other R5's are also mainly white.

Maybe @KickUp wants to enlighten us if there is a chance of new class or if R4 was the last class introduced in the game and all new cars are added to existing classes (maybe this was mentioned in one of the previous shows already and I missed it?)

I also hope they get authentic sound for the i20 WRC, maybe Hyundai lets them record the car at Rally GB? :)

Its really funny how totally obscure visual clues can be decoded in minutes here! lol

I believe it's a combo of money available and timing that's apparently allowing them some new(er) cars in the WW pack, i like :)

Also, so far as liveries are concerned, remember to 'discount' the WRX ones, they come as part of the WRX license, which is complete, all cars, drivers, liveries etc, not separate, it's a package deal.
Not true, otherwise we would have the Audi S1's.

sqdstr said:

Unless there will be a new class introduced with Winter Wonderland? Maybe R5 if the rumours about that Mitsubishi R5 are true, that's also a white car, other R5's are also mainly white.

Maybe @KickUp wants to enlighten us if there is a chance of new class or if R4 was the last class introduced in the game 
He's stated on Twitter that there'll be no R2 or R5s added in this pack.

Summary of what is known about the cars:

There will be multiple cars.
No R5 or R2.
Something (maybe not all the cars) will be more recent than the last pack (so >2010).
There will be at least one of i20, Polo or DS3.
From the pictures above, it certainly looks like the i20 will be one.

If Codemasters will have an agreement with Hyundai...Whai if we will get Hyundai Accent Evo2 also O_o

PS there's no any chance to update Fiesta WRC 2011? Because current rims are from Focus WRC, and mirrors from a first half of season.

I guess you hear what you wanna hear ;)
But more as in more modern sounds more likely, with the Hyundai and the polo for 2010.
I would personaly liked some of the"older" classes to get additions with atleast a saab 96 v4 in the "sweden update" but the silence and lack of saabs form other recent games dont make me hold my breath.

BrySkye said:
Random fact: I know we had a debate here about car liveries having no affect on peoples desire to drink or smoke, but I absolutely, 100% blame DiRT 2 for getting me to start drinking Monster.

Whenever I need to take an energy drink, I personally prefer Red Bull. Gives me more Kick to awaken that Monster energy inside me xD

Areyouben said:
Well the i20 surely isn't the only car we get in the final pack. :smile: I have been hoping for the 307 and this cutie pie, such a unique sound!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7eoQCWxv2U

And I know a certain someone who'd love to see this one in as well.

Lol I think @kickup is aware of this one o:) I think i have spammed this car from the beginning of 2005? :D
Already on the old forum lol.

Funny fact, rallymediaNL is also playing DiRT Rally and he isnt that bad ;-) you can ask @rallycameraman for that xD

I had suspected the i20 would be in the game a long time ago, since @ThierryNeuville is a fan of DiRT and would likely be more than willing to lend one, but a driver alone being willing to lend a car isn't enough, and I figured that if it didn't appear in Modern Masters, it would mean Hyundai refused to allow their car to be shown or it required permission from WRC since the car is currently competing...

Now, though, it seems more likely that it may actually be featured. I suspect the i20 and the 2015 Impreza that was teased ages ago will be in the Winter Wonderland update, perhaps alongside the Renaults that accidentally got released with the unfinished Tarmac Terrors update, and perhaps another more modern one.

What do people think of achievements for Winter Wonderland? Do you reckon there may be something for beating a certain distance/air-time at Colin's Crest? Somehow that's what interests me most about the upcoming update.

BrySkye said:

Whenever I need to take an energy drink, I personally prefer Red Bull. Gives me more Kick to awaken that Monster energy inside me xD
Don't know abput the kick, but Red Bull just tastes like a generic energy drink. Monster energy is kinda unique in that regard. It has that distinct taste.

Regarding the more modern thing, you can read it as ">more modern< cars" as in newer, or as ">more< modern cars" as in more of them. I understood that as more in numbers

789ifyz said:
I had suspected the i20 would be in the game a long time ago, since @ThierryNeuville is a fan of DiRT and would likely be more than willing to lend one, but a driver alone being willing to lend a car isn't enough, and I figured that if it didn't appear in Modern Masters, it would mean Hyundai refused to allow their car to be shown or it required permission from WRC since the car is currently competing...

Now, though, it seems more likely that it may actually be featured. I suspect the i20 and the 2015 Impreza that was teased ages ago will be in the Winter Wonderland update, perhaps alongside the Renaults that accidentally got released with the unfinished Tarmac Terrors update, and perhaps another more modern one.

What do people think of achievements for Winter Wonderland? Do you reckon there may be something for beating a certain distance/air-time at Colin's Crest? Somehow that's what interests me most about the upcoming update.
That's not Thierry Neuville 

BrySkye said:

I'm 100% serious  :p
https://twitter.com/BrySkyeGaming/status/663002162075668481

Would occasionally drink Red Bull for a little... @KickUp as it were, but thought it tasted bloody horrible.
Like a really nasty bubblegum flavour drink that had gone off a few years ago, mixed with a load of extra chemicals.

With Monster plastered everywhere in DiRT 2, thought I'd try one and, god damn it, actually liked it.
So it's my occasional pickup when trazodone augmented sleep is especially difficult to shake out of.
Whoop whoop, etc.