DiRTy Gossip

789ifyz said:
I had suspected the i20 would be in the game a long time ago, since @ThierryNeuville is a fan of DiRT and would likely be more than willing to lend one, but a driver alone being willing to lend a car isn't enough, and I figured that if it didn't appear in Modern Masters, it would mean Hyundai refused to allow their car to be shown or it required permission from WRC since the car is currently competing...

Now, though, it seems more likely that it may actually be featured. I suspect the i20 and the 2015 Impreza that was teased ages ago will be in the Winter Wonderland update, perhaps alongside the Renaults that accidentally got released with the unfinished Tarmac Terrors update, and perhaps another more modern one.

What do people think of achievements for Winter Wonderland? Do you reckon there may be something for beating a certain distance/air-time at Colin's Crest? Somehow that's what interests me most about the upcoming update.
Indeed i am not Thierry Neuville,but there is another official Hyundai WRC driver that is a fan of DiRT rally and also went to Southam for a visit already ;-) 

Yup, that would be Hyundai's Kevin Abbring who is a big DiRT Rally fan, has visited Codies since the game was released and, in the view of some, is a big DiRTY rotten cheater in the game for taking rather generous cuts!

Kevin driving in a video from the official DiRT Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPuk2ECaIQ

Whilst having a driver as a friend of the studio isn't enough to make things happen on its own, it certainly doesn't hurt having one acting from the inside to get the team to get involved, which in turn can help things along with the decision makers at a company.
That said, let's maintain a note of caution.
Things can change quickly in this world. Doors can suddenly and unfortunately close more rapidly than they open up.
We've already had a few cases of things falling apart late on in DiRT Rally and it could still happen, so let's at least be prepared for that.

KevM said:
789ifyz said:
I had suspected the i20 would be in the game a long time ago, since @ThierryNeuville is a fan of DiRT and would likely be more than willing to lend one, but a driver alone being willing to lend a car isn't enough, and I figured that if it didn't appear in Modern Masters, it would mean Hyundai refused to allow their car to be shown or it required permission from WRC since the car is currently competing...

Now, though, it seems more likely that it may actually be featured. I suspect the i20 and the 2015 Impreza that was teased ages ago will be in the Winter Wonderland update, perhaps alongside the Renaults that accidentally got released with the unfinished Tarmac Terrors update, and perhaps another more modern one.

What do people think of achievements for Winter Wonderland? Do you reckon there may be something for beating a certain distance/air-time at Colin's Crest? Somehow that's what interests me most about the upcoming update.
That's not Thierry Neuville 
oh. whoops.

Well, there's still the Hyundai driver that helped with the FFB update. Kevin Abrig, I believe it was.
Plus, there's the fact that I saw the i20 in that dream I had ages ago, and most of the cars I saw in that dream (that I can remember) have made it into the game. All that's missing is the 2015 impreza, i20, and the SAFARI RALLY!!!

Oh, wait, that last one's not a car. Oh, and a portion of what I thought to be Safari in that old dream looks similar to one of the Greece stages, so...

Hi guys, I'm quite new to the forum, although I've been reading the gossips for a while. May I ask where the 2015 Impreza have been teased? I think I missed that one

Hi guys, I'm quite new to the forum, although I've been reading the gossips for a while. May I ask where the 2015 Impreza have been teased? I think I missed that one

The only place it has apparently been teased is in @789ifyz 's dreams while he's slept.  :p

BrySkye said:

The only place it has apparently been teased is in @789ifyz 's dreams while he's slept.  :p

Didn't they tweet its spoiler a (long-ish) while before announcing DiRT Rally? I think they posted some concept art at some point, too. Though, back then they were also posting many other cars as well as stuff like Dakar Rally Trucks, so it may have been completely unrelated, but... it would be more modern than other cars in the game, so here's to hoping it somehow makes the cut.

Plus my dreams regarding DiRT Rally have been pretty accurate (widely praised, sim, no numbers in title, Rally focused, great graphics (considering it's a last-gen engine), nice particle systems, classic cars, Greek stages (which I mistook for Safari in my dream), droid cam...) so there's still a chance it'll happen. I hope.

BrySkye said:

Shortly before the 2015 WRX STI was officially announced early 2014 Codemasters had posted a picture of its trademark wing together with a picture from Dirt 3 i think. So a lot of people assumed (including me) that the 2015 WRX STI will be in codemasters next rally game (everybody thought of Dirt 4 at the time) which is Dirt Rally. So I'm also still hoping for it. Especially considering it shouldn'T be that hard to licence since codemasters seems to recieve a lot of subarus easily

BrySkye said:
Would occasionally drink Red Bull for a little... @KickUp as it were, but thought it tasted bloody horrible. 
Like a really nasty bubblegum flavour drink that had gone off a few years ago, mixed with a load of extra chemicals.
Funnily enough, in Poland Red Bull is the top of the line energy drink (and definitely doesn't taste like a bubblegum), while everything else reeks of urine or cheapness. That includes Monster ones as well (no Kick ones here, at least haven't seen one yet).

Then again, Coca Cola here is million times worse than Coca Cola in UK for example, even when the leading soda drink there is Dr Pepper.
SkyRex said:
Especially considering it shouldn'T be that hard to licence since codemasters seems to recieve a lot of subarus easily
*looks at the R4 Impreza issues* Yeah, sure...

BrySkye said:
Would occasionally drink Red Bull for a little... @KickUp as it were, but thought it tasted bloody horrible. 
Like a really nasty bubblegum flavour drink that had gone off a few years ago, mixed with a load of extra chemicals.
Funnily enough, in Poland Red Bull is the top of the line energy drink (and definitely doesn't taste like a bubblegum), while everything else reeks of urine or cheapness. That includes Monster ones as well (no Kick ones here, at least haven't seen one yet).

Then again, Coca Cola here is million times worse than Coca Cola in UK for example, even when the leading soda drink there is Dr Pepper.
I really don't want to turn this into a discussion about drinks when I just having a bit of fun about there being more Red Bull cars than Monster ones in the game with the official "FIA World Rallycross Championship Presented by Monster Energy" license, but I have no idea why you'd think Dr Pepper is the leading softdrink in the UK.
Coca-Cola is by far and away the leader, like in most of the world. 2nd is Pepsi, but with 50% less sales. So coke has a huge lead.
Though bottled water, if that can be called a soft drink, is set to become the #1. Bit unfair though since that'd be a total of all the different brands.

Red Bull is the best selling energy drink in the UK (unless you count Lucazade, but that's isotonic rather than caffeinated) and like Coca-Cola is considered the premium.

I don't really like the taste of it though. That's just me.
Personally, it reminds me of those blue bubblegum flavour juice drinks we'd get from newsagents in little plastic cartons with a film top where the straws to poke through them were provided by the shop (which don't taste like actual bubblegum btw)
But gone rather stale. 
We are quite literally talking about a matter of taste here. :D
And my taste buds just aren't a fan.

*ahem*

As for the 2015 Subaru, I don't think we can really depend too much into pictures posted as teases.
We don't really have to look any further than our newest Ford Focus in the game having a different front from the photo we were teased with.
Back in the early days, we could have been teased with the Renaults, but those plans really do seem to have fallen through, at least within the initial plans for the game possibly finishing active development with the end of Early Access.
Now it's looking more likely that the end of Early Access isn't going to be the end of at least some form of new or modified content, so who knows if certain things which were ruled out may find themselves back on the table in some capacity.

BrySkye said:
Yup, that would be Hyundai's Kevin Abbring who is a big DiRT Rally fan, has visited Codies since the game was released and, in the view of some, is a big DiRTY rotten cheater in the game for taking rather generous cuts!

Kevin driving in a video from the official DiRT Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPuk2ECaIQ

OMG! he's cheatinggggggg!!!!!!!!!!  hang them hang them hang them !!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

You can read it that way, warpengage, however, in English, particularly British English, "more" can and is used to infer both an increase in numbers, as well as something being an increase in the following word.

In this case, "more modern" can actually be used on it's own, to infer that the cars will be "newer than".
Both ways to interpret are correct, but I think mine might make more sense in the context of the question asked
Also, someone Google-foo the crap outta this please :)

Done, it's the i20 WRC

If the theory of 5+ modern cars is correct, what are the chances this may appear along side the i20 for some fun in the snow? 

Looking at numbers in each class, if there were to be another Hyundai I'd suggest the championship winning F2 or Rhys Millen PP car were more likely. Would love to see another early and late 2000 WRC so that class could be split though.

Areyouben said:
Hyundai Accent and Skoda Fabia for early 2000, 307 and Lancer for late 2000 and i20 for 2010 would make me stay inside for the rest of the year.
Weather will keep me inside for the rest of the year anyway (apart from Rally GB and the RAC Rally); luckily I have DR for company!

The photo above makes me wonder, can we expect visually narrow tyres for Sweden?

Areyouben said:
Hyundai Accent and Skoda Fabia for early 2000, 307 and Lancer for late 2000 and i20 for 2010 would make me stay inside for the rest of the year.
Weather will keep me inside for the rest of the year anyway (apart from Rally GB and the RAC Rally); luckily I have DR for company!

The photo above makes me wonder, can we expect visually narrow tyres for Sweden?
Yup

@KickUp any news about those "super secret" cars u mentioned in a previous roadbook?

sqdstr said:
@KickUp any news about those "super secret" cars u mentioned in a previous roadbook?
They are still a secret

KickUp said:
sqdstr said:
They are still a secret
please put some weight in the cars for keep them on the ground and away from the sky :D   o:)  <3

What if Codies secured the Toyota license somehow, and they are the super secret cars? Also, one of the Toyota's could be the 'white one' that Paul mentioned. One could dream ...

What if Codies secured the Toyota license somehow, and they are the super secret cars? Also, one of the Toyota's could be the 'white one' that Paul mentioned. One could dream ...
The beauty of rally history is that there are plenty of other, more realistic options to dream about too. I'm starting to think more and more 'screw Toyota, it's their loss'.

I actually like that the super secret cars arent coming with 1.0 update. To me it means we'll get more content later on.