DiRTy Gossip

I actually like that the super secret cars arent coming with 1.0 update. To me it means we'll get more content later on.
Paul said they would continue to support DiRT Rally after V1.0. I guess that includes new content and not just bug-fixes. Nice. :smile: 

KickUp said:
Areyouben said:
Hyundai Accent and Skoda Fabia for early 2000, 307 and Lancer for late 2000 and i20 for 2010 would make me stay inside for the rest of the year.
Weather will keep me inside for the rest of the year anyway (apart from Rally GB and the RAC Rally); luckily I have DR for company!

The photo above makes me wonder, can we expect visually narrow tyres for Sweden?
Yup
@KickUp Does Alister still have one of his Accents, and is there a chance he'd be willing to lend it to you given your relationship with the McRae name? Would be awesome to have all three British drivers' cars from that era.

I highly doubt Alistair ever owned an Accent. There are three or four in private hands in the UK but only one is still active I think.

I highly doubt Alistair ever owned an Accent. There are three or four in private hands in the UK but only one is still active I think.
I have no idea if he did, just hoped he may have bought one for the Mcrae collection

Peugeot 206 is unlikely. Paul said on Twitter that one day, he hoped to have that car. So, it might never come. VW Polo is my bet.

Honestly, let me do an edit here and say the Peugeot 307 is more likely. It's been in a DiRT game before, which means reference material had to be collected and could be at hand. Also, there could be game assets (models perhaps) that could, potentially, be updated and used for DiRT Rally.

Which means we'll probably get 2 new cars. That's my bet atleast, but I cant complain. I was happy with the cars ever since we figured out that the I20 would appear

Then it's simple, the final game was said to have around 40 cars. We stand at 37 at the moment, including Modern Masters. So last update, 3 cars:

- Hyundai i20 WRC
- VW Polo R WRC
- Citroën DS3 WRC

Oh, and, for real, congratulations to Mr @RodgerDavies for his top interpretation. Indeed a great gossiper.

Then it's simple, the final game was said to have around 40 cars. We stand at 37 at the moment, including Modern Masters. So last update, 3 cars:

- Hyundai i20 WRC
- VW Polo R WRC
- Citroën DS3 WRC

Oh, and, for real, congratulations to Mr @RodgerDavies for his top interpretation. Indeed a great gossiper.
NO! :( Then where is the Renault r5 turbo or the Alpine a110? I hope more than 40 cars!

I'll keep my money on Polo WRC alongside i20 WRC as 2 new cars, everything else is bonus for me

- Hyundai i20 WRC
- VW Polo R WRC
- Citroën DS3 WRC

What a lineup to compliment the Fiesta and Mini!  Don't get me wrong I love driving the historic cars, but theres something about new WRC cars they are so god damn fast and fun to drive.  Bring it on!

I'm usually the type of person to go for the underdog (i20), but the Polo just looks so sick.  The DS3 is a legendary proven winner too.  Hope we get them all.

griev0r said:

- Hyundai i20 WRC
- VW Polo R WRC
- Citroën DS3 WRC

What a lineup to compliment the Fiesta and Mini!  Don't get me wrong I love driving the historic cars, but theres something about new WRC cars they are so god damn fast and fun to drive.  Bring it on!

I'm usually the type of person to go for the underdog (i20), but the Polo just looks so sick.  The DS3 is a legendary proven winner too.  Hope we get them all.
I wouldn't really call the i20 a underdog, is just that the Polo R is quite overpowered, so it makes even the DS3 look like a underdog :P

- Hyundai i20 WRC
- VW Polo R WRC
- Citroën DS3 WRC

I knew it!!!!  "told you so" blah blah etc :D 

I really like the fact it sounds like we're getting the 2010-2014 cars, and i realistically think it's because we're at the end of 2015 now.

I am still unsure as to whether the "super secret" cars are those mentioned above though?  One and the same? or maybe something completely aside that will just be amazballs :)

I really like the fact it sounds like we're getting the 2010-2014 cars, and i realistically think it's because we're at the end of 2015 now.

I am still unsure as to whether the "super secret" cars are those mentioned above though?  One and the same? or maybe something completely aside that will just be amazballs :)
Paul said none of the "super secret" cars will be in 1.0

AphDburn said:

Indeed, and we also don't know (correct me please) if the i20 etc will be in 1.0

AphDburn said:

Indeed, and we also don't know (correct me please) if the i20 etc will be in 1.0
Unless something goes wrong in the mean time, it should be.
Paul posted the photo in response to the specific question about teasing a new car from Winter Wonderland.

BrySkye said:
AphDburn said:

Unless something goes wrong in the mean time, it should be.
Paul posted the photo in response to the specific question about teasing a new car from Winter Wonderland.
Yeah we're def gonna see the i20 and we can assume another couple 2010s cars to round it out to 4-5 cars for the class. I really wonder what the super secret cars are... 

AphDburn said:
BrySkye said:
AphDburn said:

Yeah we're def gonna see the i20 and we can assume another couple 2010s cars to round it out to 4-5 cars for the class. I really wonder what the super secret cars are... 
m<ybe  alpine a110 and toyota group A   :p :p :p

That's right he did tease it as something coming in WW.  This does make me excited for the super secret cars, but also i actually really like the idea of expanding the 'current' car class.

I do hope they get all 3 of the latest WRC's but I think it'll be 2 cars like with Finland

Maybe Toyota secretly said yes ad we get not only the older Toyota's (one Celica and the Corolla) but also the new Yaris as a concept car just like the Mini was a concept car in DiRT 3. That would sound super secret to me! :blush: 

Now as we are speculation and wish for diffrent cars.
I would like this one for Winter Wonderland: