DiRTy Gossip

so winterwonderland is postponed to december......  i think it's a good sign:

maybe they fix v2 handling on tarmac?

maybe they add more cars then expected?

maybe they correct snowbanks at montecarlo?

maybe they put in a lot improvements?

i really hope so.  what you think?

teknoid85 said:

V2? no

Maybe

no, it's in the roadbook this week.

Hope so

that's what I think.

Evilsmurf said:
teknoid85 said:

V2? no

Maybe

no, it's in the roadbook this week.

Hope so

that's what I think.

no v2 imrovment over tarmac? so when?  maybe they do it in future togheter with recorrecting aerodynamics?

i don't think evrything they do is written in the roadbook, otherwise, no surprise :)

EDIT: sorry i didn't read the roadbook :D

teknoid85 said:

I don't think so. I hope they busy with handling on snow/ice surface
No. Just a one new correct fully licensed car  with realistic sounds is better than four cars which are simply converted from D3. Quality > quantity.
They will. But not in near future
Maybe

JZStudios said:
BrySkye said:
JZStudios said:
Is that what happened to Hill Climb? I figured they stopped since everyone seems to hate on it. Anyways, I only know some very basic programming, but there's got to be a bit of code in one of those .ini or.xml files that could be changed to true or deleted.
That's not really how this game has worked. There's never been anything about Hill Climb on the timeline after Pikes Peak, so it's not like it's been abandoned or cancelled. 
They've just already released everything they said they were going to. Now they are talking about an all-gravel version of PP. That's not abandoning it.

As for coding, if it was that simple it would already have been done like it was for DiRT 3.
Same applies for adding new tiles for replacement car liveries. That system has changed since DiRT 3 and is much less moddable.
Hmm. I'm still sticking to my story that I swear when they released PP they had a car pack on the timeline that disappeared. You can't make me believe otherwise.
I don't need to, because you're absolutely right. A car pack did disappear from the timeline. :)

Unfortunately, it's not relevant.
The car pack, which was timed between Pikes Peak and Germany/Tarmac Terrors was the Classic Icons pack.
When the date came and went with nothing happening, it was revealed this pack was actually just the Group B cars that had been brought forward into the initial release and the timeline hadn't been updated to reflect that.
That's the one and only item which was on the timeline and didn't get released. Though it technically did anyway.

Edit: You can find the original timeline in full here
http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/611704730330741178/

BrySkye said:
JZStudios said:
BrySkye said:
JZStudios said:
Is that what happened to Hill Climb? I figured they stopped since everyone seems to hate on it. Anyways, I only know some very basic programming, but there's got to be a bit of code in one of those .ini or.xml files that could be changed to true or deleted.
That's not really how this game has worked. There's never been anything about Hill Climb on the timeline after Pikes Peak, so it's not like it's been abandoned or cancelled. 
They've just already released everything they said they were going to. Now they are talking about an all-gravel version of PP. That's not abandoning it.

As for coding, if it was that simple it would already have been done like it was for DiRT 3.
Same applies for adding new tiles for replacement car liveries. That system has changed since DiRT 3 and is much less moddable.
Hmm. I'm still sticking to my story that I swear when they released PP they had a car pack on the timeline that disappeared. You can't make me believe otherwise.
I don't need to, because you're absolutely right. A car pack did disappear from the timeline. :)

Unfortunately, it's not relevant.
The car pack, which was timed between Pikes Peak and Germany/Tarmac Terrors was the Classic Icons pack.
When the date came and went with nothing happening, it was revealed this pack was actually just the Group B cars that had been brought forward into the initial release and the timeline hadn't been updated to reflect that.
That's the one and only item which was on the timeline and didn't get released. Though it technically did anyway.

Edit: You can find the original timeline in full here
http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/611704730330741178/
Oh thank God! Everyone was calling me crazy. Still sad it wasn't really released though.

@KickUp
Could you please take a quick little look at this cute little thread? http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/33629/tiny-cute-little-improvements

chukonu said:
@KickUp
Could you please take a quick little look at this cute little thread? http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/33629/tiny-cute-little-improvements
You're not using the word "cute" correctly.

So I discovered some interesting references to a 'Rally School' in DiRT Rally. Maybe we will get a rally school with 1.0?

that'd be neat..  would definitely help a lot of people out.

chukonu said:
@KickUp
That's not true! That word can't... be not (?) used correctly!

chukonu said:
chukonu said:
@KickUp
Whilst cute can in some cases be used as a synonym for little, it doesn't mean the same thing.  You need to use the word "little" here, not "cute"

chukonu said:
chukonu said:
@KickUp
Whilst cute can in some cases be used as a synonym for little, it doesn't mean the same thing.  You need to use the word "little" here, not "cute"
or to describe a corner, you know, when one says "a cute left" or "a cute right", @KickUp knows what im talking about :P

chukonu said:
chukonu said:
@KickUp
or to describe a corner, you know, when one says "a cute left" or "a cute right", @KickUp knows what im talking about :P
No, no that's not it, you mean "Acute" ;)

Acute, meaning 'very sharp'                                                                                         

And not, "cute" meaning something *completely* different :D

And not, "cute" meaning something *completely* different :D

I know it's not "cute" lol
i always forget that no one gets irony and sarcasm on the internet, even when there's a "xD" or ":P" smiley

None of you guys get it.
There is no circumstance under which the word "cute" can't be used appropriately UNLESS the subject is inherently negative. Gosh.

Anyway, can we get back onto the gossip? <3 It's been a little bit quiet lately and I'm sure they are working hard on things, but I wish they threw us a bone.

chukonu said:
None of you guys get it.
There is no circumstance under which the word "cute" can't be used appropriately UNLESS the subject is inherently negative. Gosh.

Please @KickUp give us another little hint to gossip about the upcoming update, this "cute" discussion is getting out of hand now :smiley: