DiRTy Gossip

KevM said:
& musical horns....                                            
I loved the La Cucaracha horn :D
So do VW apparently...

https://youtu.be/bJenGPrriwA

KickUp said:
Little known fact but if you selected the Vuvuzela horn you were the only person who could hear it. 

Its one one of my favourite game design moments knowing that people who selected that were essentially trolling themselves. 
You realise what you just set me up for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhaw3V99r00

KickUp said:
Little known fact but if you selected the Vuvuzela horn you were the only person who could hear it. 

Its one one of my favourite game design moments knowing that people who selected that were essentially trolling themselves. 
It seems as though your minx behavior predates my noticing last month! Well played, sir!  

KevM said:
& musical horns....                                            
So do VW apparently...
VW and sense of humour? Didn't saw that one coming xD
There's a whole series of these 30 second preview clips, some of them are very good - I recommend checking them out.

Sweden:

https://youtu.be/N6foApUDXFY

(I'm sure Codemasters' modellers have been following these instructions recently too..... ;) )

Just wish I could've played Dirt 2, but nooo, had to pull it off the market just because windows live went down. Grr! ended up getting Dirt 3.

KevM said:
& musical horns....                                            
So do VW apparently...
VW and sense of humour? Didn't saw that one coming xD
You're joking, right?  They *have* to have a sense of humour about their tuning techniques, otherwise they'd have a miserable time once they were caught :D

JZStudios said:
Just wish I could've played Dirt 2, but nooo, had to pull it off the market just because windows live went down. Grr! ended up getting Dirt 3.
tbh dirt 2 wasnt great it was fun for a little while but god damn KEN BLOCK :Dalso all the visit this before starting race go here .was annoying.i enjoyed dirt 3 but it was just too easy.i think dirt 1 was the best overall.

anyways...when the next update due ? B)

JZStudios said:
I still have the Colin McRae Rally DiRT, in a box. That game comes from a period where you don't use a cd-key but put the CD in to launch. Would really like to add it to my Steam library, since DVD's don't last forever, but not much I can do (and without a steering wheel not gonna play it anyway with the uber-hyper-extra-mega-super sensitive steering xD).
I did enjoy the Trailblazer in DiRT 2 more than I think I should, Raid as well. I generally really liked DiRT 2, had epic OST, great car selection (Evo IX <3 ) a lot of game modes, nice economy and generally speaking... it was a good game. Probably the lack of tarmac rally and rally stuff in general kind of made it worse for some than DiRT 3.

Lack of cars in general. 
No Lancia. At all.
No Peugeot. At all.
No Audi. At all.
No Celica.

It commited the error of being a rally game (kind of) which didn't feature a single one of the Sega Rally Triumvirate.
Was as close as we got to DiRT: Impreza and Lancer Edition.

Have to figure a fair chunk of the budget went to Ken Block, Travis Pastrana, Tanner Foust, Dave Mirra and the soundtrack.

Have to be honest and say I can never understand why so many seem to prefer DiRT 2 over DiRT 3. 

DiRT 2 was vastly more playable than DiRT as the handling was far better. But the car selection was limited and, although I quite liked what they had done with the "living in an RV" format, I didn't like most of the fictional locations and some elements of the presentation got very grating after a short while.

DiRT 3 had less dude bro crap, better locations, more cars, refined handling and the best sound of the three DiRT games: it's still the pick of the series (jn terms of console releases) for me. 

I played the DiRT 1 and 2 demos on the 360, and my wheel worked great with them. I would've liked the original DiRT but I can't get that either. DiRT 3 is fine, but I liked 2.

tbtstt said:
Have to be honest and say I can never understand why so many seem to prefer DiRT 2 over DiRT 3. 

DiRT 2 was vastly more playable than DiRT as the handling was far better. But the car selection was limited and, although I quite liked what they had done with the "living in an RV" format, I didn't like most of the fictional locations and some elements of the presentation got very grating after a short while.

DiRT 3 had less dude bro crap, better locations, more cars, refined handling and the best sound of the three DiRT games: it's still the pick of the series (jn terms of console releases) for me. 
DiRT2 had a better feel to it. That whole living/touring around with your trailer gave it a more involved feel. Also, it had more locations than DiRT3. Another thing that was kinda cool was the special cars, which you could unlock by beating certain events. I wasn't a fan of truck races, but really enjoyed them once I got the little Toyota stadium truck. And the Dallenbach Trailblazer formula was OP. Also, buying cars was a better system than just unlocking them with levels (that's probably why we can buy them again in DiRT Rally)
DiRT3 in comparison felt a bit dull. It still had great tracks and cars but the interaction was kinda gone. You just picked events from a list. Same problem with DiRT Rally too, actually. They feel a bit too clinical.
Handling wise they were similar, but not quite the same. I think DiRT2 might have even been a tiny bit better. I actually would love a DiRT2 remastered, with better graphics and no GFWL, but that's probably not gonna happen.  
tbtstt said:
DiRT 3 had less dude bro crap
I think we played a vastly different game then.
Well, kinda have to agree with Ryu on that one. DiRT3 only had Ken Block and an occasional Gymkhana event (still not sure what's so dudebro about it). Ok, the voices in the menu were a bit anoying. But DiRT2 had all the dudebros in the races too - Block, Pastrana, Mirra, Foust etc. There even were team events where you had to race along side with them.

Didzis said:
DiRT2 had a better feel to it. That whole living/touring around with your trailer gave it a more involved feel. Also, it had more locations than DiRT3. Another thing that was kinda cool was the special cars, which you could unlock by beating certain events. I wasn't a fan of truck races, but really enjoyed them once I got the little Toyota stadium truck. And the Dallenbach Trailblazer formula was OP. Also, buying cars was a better system than just unlocking them with levels (that's probably why we can buy them again in DiRT Rally)
DiRT3 in comparison felt a bit dull. It still had great tracks and cars but the interaction was kinda gone. You just picked events from a list. Same problem with DiRT Rally too, actually. They feel a bit too clinical.
Handling wise they were similar, but not quite the same. I think DiRT2 might have even been a tiny bit better. I actually would love a DiRT2 remastered, with better graphics and no GFWL, but that's probably not gonna happen. 
Yeah, I like Dirt 2's menu system. I don't like 1 or 3s weird floating tiles against white speckly space. It's just kind of weird. I also liked the interaction of Dirt 2 more than 3. In 2 if you smack into someone they get on they radio and yell at you, in 3 there's no interaction whatsoever. However looking back on it, Dirt 1 had the most types of vehicles, and I always wanted to try the big truck racing. I still feel like the next dirt game could be like that, more off road in general, but maybe people didn't like the trucks?

BrySkye said:
Soooo, couple of things here

https://twitter.com/VideoGamerCom/status/669179416904380416
If that is legit box art, with Ogier's Polo being in the final update, then CHRIST'S CHIN I'm excited! 

tbtstt said:
Guess it's down to opinion: as @Didzis said DiRT 2 had all the joint events and the voices mid-race, that was dropped for DiRT 3. Thankfully DiRT 2 did allow you to mute most of the crap.

Not that DiRT 3 was perfect. I rather disliked Christian Stephenson before DiRT 3, but I fucking hate him now he has told me to "UPLOAD THAT CLIP TO YEW TUBE BRO" several hundred times. Sadly DiRT 3 did not come with a mute Christian Stephenson option.

BrySkye said:

Woah, if that's accurate then we have a huge hint of what's coming!

BrySkye said:

Goddamit! I'm gonna have to buy it again!

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Guess it's down to opinion: as @Didzis said DiRT 2 had all the joint events and the voices mid-race, that was dropped for DiRT 3. Thankfully DiRT 2 did allow you to mute most of the crap.

Not that DiRT 3 was perfect. I rather disliked Christian Stephenson before DiRT 3, but I fucking hate him now he has told me to "UPLOAD THAT CLIP TO YEW TUBE BRO" several hundred times. Sadly DiRT 3 did not come with a mute Christian Stephenson option.
Have to agree with you. Yeah, DiRT 3 still had some annoying menu voices, the 'ooo toob' and such, but DiRT 2 had a whole line up of drivers chatting and taunting mid-race, bobbleheads on the dash, things hanging from the mirrors, a way more dude-bro soundtrack and a whole OSD that was meant to look like a can of Monster Energy.

Never forget                                            

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULJFsvan7fg