DiRTy Gossip

I'll believe it when I see it confirmed. My bet is the boxart is not real. We all know how Codemasters have struggled to get real liveries. Probably speculation by Amazon.

EDIT: On top of that, it's the 2015 Polo. That's supposed to be impossible.

Didzis said:
DiRT3 only had Ken Block and an occasional Gymkhana event (still not sure what's so dudebro about it). Ok, the voices in the menu were a bit anoying. But DiRT2 had all the dudebros in the races too - Block, Pastrana, Mirra, Foust etc. There even were team events where you had to race along side with them.
The menu voices were more than annoying, especially after you finished a stage and they were like "Dudeeeeee... you totally have to upload that to YouTube" (I wonder who came up with putting that as a "tip" into DR? Nice joke though xD ), which happened more often than not.
Generally speaking, those voices are what made the game much more "dudebro" than DiRT 2 with the chat between the drivers. There it felt like a healthy rivalry with a bit of a "dudebro" style while in DiRT 3 it was just plain out annoying "dudebro-ish" every single time you heard the "menu voices". And you couldn't skip them. At least that's my view on it.

Both games were good as long as you ignored the whole "dudebro" stuff. I would say that DiRT 2 and 3 had very similar physics, and which is better came down more to personal preference rather than actually being "better".
You could say though, that with DiRT 3 they drastically decreased some stuff and increased the amount of other stuff. In other words they "nerfed to oblivion" the career and OST but they put more cars and "dudebro" voices into the game.

Dam that box art looks good! Shame there is no xbox one logo on it though :(
I'm kind of surprised there isn't rallycross on the box, although there is RX branding at the bottom, and I'm sure it will be well advertised on the back

Amazon have a hell of team making fake boxart then, saying as it even has the DiRT Rally logo on the side of the car~

Good point, not going to lie; I preferred the 'box' art with the jumping Audi (which I didn't realise was a take on a real photo: http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/audiq.jpg ).

That said, great news if it's real; both the VW and is doing a physical release; may well buy a second copy in support. I guess the Polo must be #thatOTHERcar , #thiscar or whatever the other one is.

Amazon Germany have made a few of these before though, 'accidental leaks' that didn't go anywhere. I'm inclined to believe this one though.

Good point, not going to lie; I preferred the 'box' art with the jumping Audi (which I didn't realise was a take on a real photo: http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/audiq.jpg ).

That said, great news if it's real; both the VW and is doing a physical release; may well buy a second copy in support. I guess the Polo must be #thatOTHERcar , #thiscar or whatever the other one is.
Nooope. Whether the Polo is real or not, it's already been confirmed #ThisCar wasn't going to be in Winter Wonderland.

Dam that box art looks good! Shame there is no xbox one logo on it though :(
I'm kind of surprised there isn't rallycross on the box, although there is RX branding at the bottom, and I'm sure it will be well advertised on the back
I'd be surprised if there was Rallycross on the box. It's DiRT Rally afterall

BrySkye said:
Nooope. Whether the Polo is real or not, it's already been confirmed #ThisCar wasn't going to be in Winter Wonderland.
The list of possible cars that can be #ThisCar is very small. I mean come on, something more difficult to drive than Quattro? The list is basically limited to Group B spec cars only, and most of them we already have.

I can't see it being fake tbh, it's far too well done. If it was something along the lines of Porkhammer's then I might have been a bit skeptical. But this looks pretty legit.

BrySkye said:
The list of possible cars that can be #ThisCar is very small. I mean come on, something more difficult to drive than Quattro? The list is basically limited to Group B spec cars only, and most of them we already have.
And yet we still don't know. :)
There's also hill climb and obscure prototypes.
We just have to take Paul's word for it that all the guesses thus far have been wrong.
But feel free to put together a full list and tweet it to Paul asking if its somewhere on there!

BrySkye said:
But feel free to put together a full list and tweet it to Paul asking if its somewhere on there!
Could us some help in this, since I'm not that well-versed in all the Rally cars that were, especially since I was born after the Group B ended. Generally speaking I got into Rally at the 2000/2001 seasons.

BrySkye said:
Soooo, couple of things here

https://twitter.com/VideoGamerCom/status/669179416904380416

....and a nice Polo WRC too!! :)      I honestly thought it would have had the std VW 'R' livery.  Thats awesome tho!          

Was that made up or leaked?  Amazon have the Quattro boxart                     

Any car that's in the game, + the Quattro E2 and be discounted.
Porsche is not in the running.

Really don't think Toyota is in the running, otherwise the hill climb Celica and Tacoma could have had a shout.
Not sure about the Renault 5 or Alpine.

I can't really think of other cars that would have such a bad reputation. To be honest, hard to imagine one more difficult than the 037 (one of my earliest guesses) and the Delta S4.
The 205 Pikes Peak was an utter hell car with v1, but apparently that's not it either.

JZStudios said:

Yeah, I like Dirt 2's menu system. I don't like 1 or 3s weird floating tiles against white speckly space. It's just kind of weird. I also liked the interaction of Dirt 2 more than 3. In 2 if you smack into someone they get on they radio and yell at you, in 3 there's no interaction whatsoever. However looking back on it, Dirt 1 had the most types of vehicles, and I always wanted to try the big truck racing. I still feel like the next dirt game could be like that, more off road in general, but maybe people didn't like the trucks?
I can't believe what I'm reading. I think Dirt 2 had the most hateful menu system in human history. I also thought the interaction was shit, what race driver talks to his opponents mid-race?

Dirt 3's menus were shit too, not because of their style, but because they were so awfully slow. Getting from one spot in the menus to another took longer than driving a stage.

My main gripe with Dirt Rally's menu is that you can't read anything against the bright background, but thankfully I know what is where anyway. I think menus aren't games, they're supposed to get me where I want to go quickly and easily, and thus DR's menus are far superior to its predecessors. imho.

KevM said:      

Amazon Germany.
http://www.amazon.de/Codemasters-DiRT-Rally-PC/dp/B0183FLACU/

Not sure about the date though.
Assuming it would actually have a disc with the game and not just a steam installer and code, then DR would have to be released to manufacture by around the end of this week/beginning of next week.

KevM said:
Amazon has a boxart for the online code for a very long time now. About the moment DR started EA.

http://www.amazon.com/DiRT-Rally-Multiplayer-Online-Game/dp/B01087CSSG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448388220&sr=8-1&keywords=dirt+rally

Yeah, that's a good point, although it's not unusual to have a large patch to download early on I can't imagine it would ship with anything less than v1.0, which I understand is being tested at the moment.

I doubt the box will contain the game at all, we are up to what 35+ Gb? Unless they ship it on 5 dual layer DVDs, the box will contain a download code. Assuming people even have an optical drive in their PC, it has been several years since I have.

Star wars Battlefront is 25gig+ on ps4 and it all arrived on one disc.

Granted, that's a blu-ray disk, but still. It's possible.

enamel said:
I doubt the box will contain the game at all, we are up to what 35+ Gb? Unless they ship it on 5 dual layer DVDs, the box will contain a download code. Assuming people even have an optical drive in their PC, it has been several years since I have.
It's still normal for games to include a disc AND code. Installers tend to compress the files a lot compared to the unpacked game or, since Steam is required to activate and play the game, the disc contains a chunk of data and the rest is downloaded (that's the case with Fallout 4).
The code can of course be redeemed to download the whole game. Quite a few times I've bought a PC game cheaper from Amazon than Steam, redeemed the code and download it having never taken the disc out of the case.
Pretty sure the bulk of DR could be made to fit on two discs.

MGS5 was a rare example where the dual layer DVD only contained a 5mb Steam installer, mainly because Konami were working on the PC version right until the last moment. A result of bringing its release day forward to being in-line with the console date (and something the staff gave up their post-gold holiday to do).
There was nothing on the disc because the game literally wasn't ready.

Evilsmurf said:
Star wars Battlefront is 25gig+ on ps4 and it all arrived on one disc.
PS4 and XB1 are Blu-Ray. A single Dual-Layer Blu-Ray disc is around the 50gb mark.
The physical PC version of GTA 5 comes on 7 discs.

The Polo boxart has the DVD logo, whereas the original Quattro one has PC Digital 

Q:

https://twitter.com/RevealSN/status/669188815576264704

A:

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/669203336382578688

^
In addition to that, both Paul and Hatward, at the very least have been lingering around in here, dropping a few likes and lols here and there.

If there was absolutely nothing to this, you would think they would be rather quick to shoot it down and say it's fake, especially if it were to associate their product with a vehicle they didn't have permission to use.
That would be pretty bad times for them. 

BrySkye said:
^
In addition to that, both Paul and Hatward, at the very least have been lingering around in here, dropping a few likes and lols here and there.

If there was absolutely nothing to this, you would think they would be rather quick to shoot it down and say it's fake, especially if it were to associate their product with a vehicle they didn't have permission to use.
That would be pretty bad times for them. 

Yup. But usually a game "ships" 2 weeks before the physical release to production. If the date 8th December is correct then I assume that they already have the permission (license) to use it. Unfortunately it may be a big spoiler!