DiRTy Gossip

gfRally said:
Totally agree with you, Dirt 2 had an interesting story that involved you. I would like to see a more professional version of it, with dirt rally physics and stages
Oh yeah, one more, absolutely have to have CMR3 animations.  Loved the service area work and sounds, the start of the stage animations with marshal walking up to car, and finally the celebrations at the end of the event.  

These just add to the experience and rally culture we love.  

People are as much about rally as the cars and places.  
I wonder what dirt rally would have been like with a budget similar to dirt 3? Things like service animations and other things were sacrificed for the details in stages and handling

gfRally said:
Totally agree with you, Dirt 2 had an interesting story that involved you. I would like to see a more professional version of it, with dirt rally physics and stages
Oh yeah, one more, absolutely have to have CMR3 animations.  Loved the service area work and sounds, the start of the stage animations with marshal walking up to car, and finally the celebrations at the end of the event.  

I wonder what dirt rally would have been like with a budget similar to dirt 3? Things like service animations and other things were sacrificed for the details in stages and handling
Personally, I'd hope exactly the same, but with a few more details in those stages or handling (or some more licenses) - I much prefer the presentation style and menu system they have now to any previous rally games I've played.

gfRally said:

Personally, I'd hope exactly the same, but with a few more details in those stages or handling (or some more licenses) - I much prefer the presentation style and menu system they have now to any previous rally games I've played.
I do too, but tye game does miss some things like atmosphere. At the moment it is just menus and racing. The racing is incredible and the menus are pretty good, but it's a bit of a shame we miss out on other things

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-25-codemasters-re-focuses-on-racing-games-as-it-closes-battle-decks-studio

'The success of DiRT Rally's Early Access programme has been incredible'.

I think Codies know they need to bring DiRT Rally to consoles pronto!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-25-codemasters-re-focuses-on-racing-games-as-it-closes-battle-decks-studio

Fingers crossed!

tbtstt said:

Fingers crossed!
Goddamit! then I'll have to buy it two more times!

yes i think less is more. so many games over do what should be so simple to just get in and play.

I still like the menu from CMR 2.0 the most, especially with that menu theme song which is eargasmic.

I still like the menu from CMR 2.0 the most, especially with that menu theme song which is eargasmic.
Indeed. It was one of the best interfaces ever made in a game. I'm pretty sure my muscle memory still remember how to load second stage of finland with focus, choose second setup preset from bottom and load the game. It took like 3 seconds...sounds were likeable too, not to mention the legendary menu sound track.
The leaderboards, were just awesome. Personal Records with split times, and you could have even press Back if you've accidentaly gone too far by the time table. I think this is something that devs could have an inspiration from nowadays.

This is basically a repeat of a few years ago when the 'focused' on racing games with the launch of codemasters racing. Then they caught a whiff of mobile games and went off on a bit of a tangent. Hopefully this time they shall be sticking with racing for good

KickUp said:
I read that as "in all its many glorious forums".

Fortunately not.
This part of the forum is glorious. ;)
This part is yes. The F1 part is where you go if you have a death wish, or if you want to vent some anger, and the Grid part, is just dead, at the minute anyway....

At ethere any interesting details in the Amazon description?

I'm not German, so may translate wrongly, but it looks like the description says:

- 8 environments?
- 50 stages (grrr)? Would make sense post-Finland.
- 28 cars in 7 classes? I count 39 (including i20 and Polo) in 12, 30 in 10 in rallying.
- 2 RX tracks? Been three for a while.
I'm still not buying that cover as being authentic. There's a 2015 WRC car in it and, as far as I know, no chances of getting one so...

I'm not German, so may translate wrongly, but it looks like the description says:

- 8 environments?
- 28 cars in 7 classes? I count 39 (including i20 and Polo) in 12, 30 in 10 in rallying.
I'm still not buying that cover as being authentic. There's a 2015 WRC car in it and, as far as I know, no chances of getting one so...
eh somewhere in this thread theres a tweet of pauls basically confirming its real

- 8 environments?
You know nothing Jon Snow.

- 8 environments?
Why is there no chance of getting one?

- 8 environments?
World is full of surprises... :)

- 8 environments?
Why is there no chance of getting one?
Because of Kylotonn's WRC title? I could be wrong, but I thought that title prevented that.

AphDburn said:

- 8 environments?
eh somewhere in this thread theres a tweet of pauls basically confirming its real
Are you sure the "Looks good to me" post is to be taken seriously? He could be dodging our gossiping jabs.

Are you sure the "Looks good to me" post is to be taken seriously? He could be dodging our gossiping jabs.
If it was made up, Paul and CM would be taking it very seriously, not joking around.
So would VW. Lawyers would probably be involved.

Calling it a Polo R WRC is, of course, impossible.
Calling it, say... "Polo Rally" would be fine.

An official licensed product doesn't strictly gain exclusive use of the cars.
For example, Codemasters have the official FIA F1 license. They gained this around 2008 and they released F1 2009 for the PS2 and Wii in 2009.
F1 2010 was released at the end of 2010.
At the same time, Gran Turismo 5 was released and featured the Ferrari F10, Ferrari's car of the 2010 season.

Gran Turismo 5 did not have any kind of FIA F1 license, though it did have an official FIA WRC license as part of the Sebastian Loeb Challenge, so the cars could actually be called WRC cars.
This was also the same year Milestone released their first WRC game, so yeah, two games were released at the same time that had the FIA WRC license.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebGceFe93g
As you can see, the car is listed as the C4 WRC and the WRC logo is on the side of the car.

That's not to say DiRT Rally has gained a WRC license, it's just an example to how complicated the whole thing can potentially be.

Car makers are asked to respect the license of an official race series, but I don't believe they are strictly obliged to follow it.

BrySkye said:
Car makers are asked to respect the license of an official race series, but I don't believe they are strictly obliged to follow it.
And I think VW has shown they don't much care for rules or regulations. :wink:

Because of Kylotonn's WRC title? I could be wrong, but I thought that title prevented that.
Nah, I don't know Kylotonnes licensing agreement, but unless they have full exclusivity, like EA and Porsche, any other game with the right stuff (usually money) can license it as well.

I wouldn't be suprised if they have realised in what piece of szit they've put their license into and that there's no target group as car buyers in there.Or maybe they've had some kind of a deal that they've to be released first in Kylotonne's title?