DiRTy Gossip

god dammit!!! Sorry guys that just keeps happening. I need a new keyboard.
@justbiglee‌ 

buddy, I think they have cameras on you at work! 
http://youtu.be/p7cw9zCsA5Y

Azoresst said:
If IGN see this again, I bet that they will write something! :P
DiRT 3 was announced in September so anythings possible lol
It was announced back in July 30th 2010.

DiRT 2 was announced in November 19th 2008 so they might just wait till after all the holiday AAA games release. I think DiRT 2 sold the most of any single entry so they might just want to repeat their marketing playbook from DiRT 2 for DiRT 4.
Pretty sure it was announced in September 2010 @tbtstt can you confirm?
Sorry for the slow reply @couger1981‌, I've not been near a computer for the last few days.

I couldn't remember the exact date, but I remember the first trailer dropping during Summer X-Games: that is always around August!

tbtstt said:
Azoresst said:
If IGN see this again, I bet that they will write something! :P
DiRT 3 was announced in September so anythings possible lol
It was announced back in July 30th 2010.

DiRT 2 was announced in November 19th 2008 so they might just wait till after all the holiday AAA games release. I think DiRT 2 sold the most of any single entry so they might just want to repeat their marketing playbook from DiRT 2 for DiRT 4.
Pretty sure it was announced in September 2010 @tbtstt can you confirm?
Sorry for the slow reply @couger1981‌, I've not been near a computer for the last few days.

I couldn't remember the exact date, but I remember the first trailer dropping during Summer X-Games: that is always around August!
Yeah Paul said August i also remember back in 2011 that September was mentioned guess whoever it was got it wrong.

Sort of relevant to the conversation (and an excuse to mention rallycross again! :smiley:). Uploaded some pictures from the last round of the British Rallycross Championship last night:

Camera now cleared off and ready for the World Rallycross in France this weekend. I shall be carefully studying David Binks car for any mention of DiRT! Is there any planned Codemasters presence at Loheac @justbiglee‌?

tbtstt said:
Sort of relevant to the conversation (and an excuse to mention rallycross again! :smiley:). Uploaded some pictures from the last round of the British Rallycross Championship last night:

Camera now cleared off and ready for the World Rallycross in France this weekend. I shall be carefully studying David Binks car for any mention of DiRT! Is there any planned Codemasters presence at Loheac @justbiglee‌?
Sadly no :( would have loved to have made it. Are you going then? Let me know if so and I'll let David and the guys know if you wanted to hang out with them for a bit. 

tbtstt said:

Sadly no :( would have loved to have made it. Are you going then? Let me know if so and I'll let David and the guys know if you wanted to hang out with them for a bit. 
Yes, I'm going! :smiley:  Last year was an amazing weekend so I'm hoping for more of the same this year. That would be great if possible!

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Yes, I'm going! :smiley:  Last year was an amazing weekend so I'm hoping for more of the same this year. That would be great if possible!
Have a great time man, can't wait to see the inevitable photos! :)

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Have a great time man, can't wait to see the inevitable photos! :)
Ha! Yeah, I might take a picture or two... :smiley: 

The last six months, I would say I on an average dream of playing the new DiRT game at least once a week. Last night I dreamt it was to be released this year. Help me stop dreaming this!

Benniz said:
The last six months, I would say I on an average dream of playing the new DiRT game at least once a week. Last night I dreamt it was to be released this year. Help me stop dreaming this!

I recommend eating some cheese before bed. You'll have such weird nightmares you won't have time to dream about DiRT. ;)

Britpoint said:
Benniz said:

I recommend eating some cheese before bed. You'll have such weird nightmares you won't have time to dream about DiRT. ;)

What cheese packs the most punch in this regard? Danish "Den Gamle Ole" (Old Oliver) smells like DiRTy socks and gives you nightmares. About socks. Not recommended. 

dotmartin said:
Britpoint said:
Benniz said:

What cheese packs the most punch in this regard? Danish "Den Gamle Ole" (Old Oliver) smells like DiRTy socks and gives you nightmares. About socks. Not recommended. 
You can't go wrong with a good old extra mature Cheddar.

since it's been slow with rumors lately, thought I'd make a comment on this weekends Rallycross event in Loheac, it seems that Codemasters Racing is pretty serious about supporting David Binks, to me Decals are one thing, but They even paid to put the logo on his fire suit.  Seems pretty obvious that Binks and Rallycross will have a pretty large part in the next DiRT.  

Also this may point to a sooner than later release of the next installment.  No sense to spend money on a RX team to bring attention to their F1/Grid or a 3 year old rally title.  

Nothing more than obvious here, but something I thought I would put out there. 

gfRally said:
since it's been slow with rumors lately, thought I'd make a comment on this weekends Rallycross event in Loheac, it seems that Codemasters Racing is pretty serious about supporting David Binks, to me Decals are one thing, but They even paid to put the logo on his fire suit.  Seems pretty obvious that Binks and Rallycross will have a pretty large part in the next DiRT.  

Also this may point to a sooner than later release of the next installment.  No sense to spend money on a RX team to bring attention to their F1/Grid or a 3 year old rally title.  

The great secret is unravelling...

Didn't get back from France until quite late yesterday, so haven't had a chance to post sooner.

Absolutely amazing weekend in France. Superb racing and another win for Solberg. I daresay Block silenced a lot of critics as well: he was fast. We had planned to wrap the weekend up with a visit to the Loheac circuit museum yesterday before heading home, but when we got there we found out it was closed on Mondays. We were just about to leave when we heard noise from the track: it was Ken Block doing media rides, so we spent an hour watching that instead! 

The bad news is that I didn't manage to learn anything new about the next DiRT game. I didn't speak with David, but I did speak with David's media representative (Kevin Noon) while I was wandering round the track. As soon as I mentioned the next DiRT game he went quiet: clearly the threat of violence from @KickUp‌ was so strong that it wasn't worth the risk of telling me more!

gfRally said:

I also think that Codies chipping into David's pot is a sign that they'd like to be associated with the RX championship. Without a doubt having a good relationship with a driver who has recent experience with modern Supercars as well as many other cars can be very useful. 
Perhaps Codies will be invited to one of Albatec's test to record engine and environment sounds, or to put some sensors on the car. 

I look forward to reading David Binks' blog following his Loheac start and how @justbiglee‌ and Co. will manage to turn into a hype train :P :D, 

hola said:
So, rallycross will be the important part of Dirt4.....
Don't think we really have enough information to make an assumption like that. Rallycross certainly seems to be a focus of the next game, but whether it is the main component of the game remains to be seen.

Slightly off topic, but something you might appreciate @gfRally‌ based on your signature. Got my copy of "Easier Said Than Done" modified at Loheac...

...seemed to be quite a few surprised faces that someone in Europe had a copy of the film! Apparently Matt Johnston was actually filming at the circuit, hopefully ESTD 2 is on the way!

tbtstt said:
Slightly off topic, but something you might appreciate @gfRally‌ based on your signature. Got my copy of "Easier Said Than Done" modified at Loheac...

...seemed to be quite a few surprised faces that someone in Europe had a copy of the film! Apparently Matt Johnston was actually filming at the circuit, hopefully ESTD 2 is on the way!
@tbtstt‌ 

That was a great idea to get that signed!  Yea, I guess it is a little surprising that someone across the pond is interested in American rally, with you all OWNING the rally heritage :smile:, well maybe thats the Finnish but I think you know what I mean.