DiRTy Gossip

Don't worry @KevM mine decided to d/l 0.9 before it d/led 1.0, so I've still got to wait for it to finish d/lin, even though it's already d/led once already :/

The joys of being a test-driver, eh?

I've only 2.5GB to go...

So sorry for the ones still havent tried new content.... is awsome!

I love both new cars.

Tarmac, with the new FFB is a way far better also.

So, which one has the actual sound recording then?  Polo or Hyundai?

KevM said:
I know the answer already but I'll give @soundfx the honor to tell the answer :joy:

Here, for all of you that can't play yet but would like to see the new stuff anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUo2fS5mAcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpCN8EmGNRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O01GXLFkgRw

KevM said:
Unless I'm completely deaf, my money goes to Polo.

KevM said:
Has it got the dirty Turbo chatter/chirp?  :)
I'll put it this way. Animal rights fanatics will be on @soundfx ass for this one xD

Hey guys,

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you, I can only really speak for myself now but it was glorious dancing with you all this last few years.

It was tough at times but you kept us on the straight and narrow... into five right caution overcrest tightens. :P But it was good fun and I don't think anybody on the DiRT team would argue with me in saying that you all genuinely played a huge part in making the game and I hope it's everything you wanted and more importantly that @tbtstt doesn't have to just sit on the sidelines and watch when it comes to console next year. 

Thanks for looking after @KickUp, @Hatward and the rest of the guys for me :)

Don't. Cut.

KevM said:
We recorded Hyundai i20 WRC over in Germany at Boxberg.

Edit, I say 'we', that's the Royal we... it was a guy called Chris who's the main recordist at Codies but does not have a presence on here. If he did he'd have stories to tell!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you, I can only really speak for myself now but it was glorious dancing with you all this last few years.

It was tough at times but you kept us on the straight and narrow... into five right caution overcrest tightens. :P But it was good fun and I don't think anybody on the DiRT team would argue with me in saying that you all genuinely played a huge part in making the game and I hope it's everything you wanted and more importantly that @tbtstt doesn't have to just sit on the sidelines and watch when it comes to console next year. 

Thanks for looking after @KickUp, @Hatward and the rest of the guys for me :)

Don't. Cut.
The legend returns. You should pop by more often.

soundfx said:
KevM said:
We recorded Hyundai i20 WRC over in Germany at Boxberg.

Edit, I say 'we', that's the Royal we... it was a guy called Chris who's the main recordist at Codies but does not have a presence on here. If he did he'd have stories to tell!
Invite him over for free cookies and a cup of tea - let him share those :)

I've thought so - the antilag and general bassy sound was very similar to what I've heard on rally poland.

I wouldn't go for a cup of tea and cookie if I were you. I know what these Nordic types are like, they seem like jolly, friendly, guys but I've seen Lilyhammer on Netflix

So guys while we are all thrilled about the new Swedish stages and two new awesome cars, I really think the Codemasters' sound team deserves some recognition too :) The awesome sounds of the new cars, the louder exhaust bangs and a anti-lag system which now works also when using partial throttle, and the all new crowd sounds (which are truly incredible) are all things that should be given more attention in my opinion! It's just incredible how top-quality work a team consisting of three guys can do.

I wouldn't go for a cup of tea and cookie if I were you. I know what these Nordic types are like, they seem like jolly, friendly, guys but I've seen Lilyhammer on Netflix

Ahhhh, so that explains the invite from our @Porkhammer lol

The new stages are unreal, really enjoying them in the '01 cars (with their awesome ALS)!  Just a bit of advise to anyone who hasn't started yet, don't make the mistake of randomising your weather!! Ha!

Polo is likely a modified version of the WRX car, right @soundfx ?
If I remember it IS the WRX Polo engine... which isn't a Polo!

Thank you guys for mouse disabling option - finally no moving the mouse in the middle of power slide at 140km/h through finland.
I've bought perks yesterday cause I've thoght they will go up with prices...while they're cheap...to say at least.

P.S. Was I lucky with Sweden at 1 even Custom championship or you guys thought about this? :) Same thing was with Finalnd :D

soundfx said:

Seriously Dave? :D 

So, you're saying that the WRX polo, isn't a polo? and the WRC polo, is a polo, but the WRX polo?

Jepsertti said:
So guys while we are all thrilled about the new Swedish stages and two new awesome cars, I really think the Codemasters' sound team deserves some recognition too :) The awesome sounds of the new cars, the louder exhaust bangs and a anti-lag system which now works also when using partial throttle, and the all new crowd sounds (which are truly incredible) are all things that should be given more attention in my opinion! It's just incredible how top-quality work a team consisting of three guys can do.
Highly agree with this!  Thank you.

Also, any chance someone could copy/paste the changelog in here?  The Steam forum log is, uh, very incomplete, someones screenshot of the in game one had stuff i hadn't see, and the info in this quoted post is all new to me too :)

soundfx said:

Seriously Dave? :D 

So, you're saying that the WRX polo, isn't a polo? and the WRC polo, is a polo, but the WRX polo?
Pretty much that yeah, it's complicated :blush: