DiRTy Gossip

It always bugged me, but now I have to ask : 

what is the name and purpose of the plate they attached to the front wheel on tarmac tires for the Lancia Delta ?

RookieOne said:

what is the name and purpose of the plate they attached to the front wheel on tarmac tires for the Lancia Delta ?

its kinda cooling system for disc brake

I can't believe some of the bitching and moaning going on in the forums. People have some strange issues with this game

bogani said:
So, the latest gossip should centre around the text that appears when you first start V1, it said something about Santa might visit... What might our DiRTy Christmas present be?
We know we will get the super secret cars at some point. Hopefully some content will be added b4 the console release :)
Full gravel Pikes Peak is coming along with Quattro E2 being pointed as possible in the future. Oh, and there's #THIScar as well. Generally speaking, I think it's safe to assume we'll get some extra content before and with the console release at least.

Job3k said:
Hopefully these two as well 
  • DiRT Rally is 2 Renault's too short.
Yea would be a shame if those would be lost because of some disagreement.

By the way: 1200 kg for the A 110? Should be between 750 and 800. Which of course would make it much faster than the other cars of its class.

Full gravel Pikes Peak is coming along with Quattro E2 being pointed as possible in the future. Oh, and there's #THIScar as well. Generally speaking, I think it's safe to assume we'll get some extra content before and with the console release at least.
Is there any reason not to think that the E2 IS "This car" it makes sense seeing as "That car" was the current quattro... no?

I only got the time to test the Polo and Sweden last night.  The snowbanks are really well done. I'd say it makes Sweden the hardest stages to really go 100% flat out on cause if you nick the front end into the banks it can considerably slow you down or in most cases spin you around instead of going into a small ditch that does nothing. Double edged sword though cause you can use them to your advantage too if you touch the side/rear of the car to get you back onto the stage.  Really fun stages tho and the notes are pretty good, considering I had zero experience on the stages and finished my 12 stage league event relying solely on the notes.

Polo is brutal!  Feels very fast, sounds great, and handles very predictably.  I agree the seq shifting does seem slower than it is in real life, but maybe they slowed it down to make it more competitive with the other 2010's.

Makes me sad early access is done and there isn't any more plans for new countries/cars/content.  :'(

austinb said:
Is there any reason not to think that the E2 IS "This car" it makes sense seeing as "That car" was the current quattro... no?
From what I know, #THATcar is basically what Codies use to describe any Group B Quattro. And @BrySkye most likely asked @KickUp about it at this point anyway. Generally speaking #THIScar is supposed to be more difficult than the Quattro.

austinb said:
From what I know, #THATcar is basically what Codies use to describe any Group B Quattro. And @BrySkye most likely asked @KickUp about it at this point anyway. Generally speaking #THIScar is supposed to be more difficult than the Quattro.

If not a quattro and harder than one, theres not much left, the most likely i can think of is Monster's Suzuki Escudo or a similar crazy hill climb car perhaps?
I may still leave a bit of money on the E2 being this car tho, it just makes sense to me

austinb said:
Yeah, it was said it somewhere that it wasn't that I think, but don't ask me when and where.

RookieOne said:

Those are turbofan wheels @RookieOne which, as @Rallycameraman says, were designed to aid brake cooling. They were big in the late 80's/early 90's but it was a fad that seemed to die out. 

Some bloke called Ken did use them on his Fiesta a couple of years ago though...

austinb said:
Yeah, it was said it somewhere that it wasn't that I think, but don't ask me when and where.
Ah fair enough then, the hunt goes on!

austinb said:
Because Paul directly told me it wasn't. :P 

Dont we have #ThisCar? It was said that the polo it was
Not anywhere that I've seen.
Actually, can't be the Polo, since Paul said it wasn't going to be in 1.0/Winter Wonderland.

BrySkye said:
Dont we have #ThisCar? It was said that the polo it was
Not anywhere that I've seen.
Actually, can't be the Polo, since Paul said it wasn't going to be in 1.0/Winter Wonderland.
Sorry @BrySkye , dumb me thought it was the polo

KevM said:
A Renault 5, now, #THAT would be a complete handful.....

The 5 Maxi in particular would, but what are the chances of that happening now...