DiRTy Gossip

Instead of Safari rally I would rather see WRC Rally:

- RallyRACC Catalunya-Costa Daurada ( WIth Gravel and tarmac)
- LOTOS 73rd Rally Poland
- Vodafone Rally de Portugal
- Rally Italia Sardegna

Or

- Brother Rally New Zealand.

Safari rally would only intresting if you got stages from 30min +
But so on, then in that case Dakar rally would be intresting too....

Better focus on the beautiful WRC rallies, but thats my opinion.

Not a fan of too many rough gravel rallies. Poland would be cool though. A bit like Finland, nice gravel stages but much narrower. Reminds of the summer rally roads here in Sweden.

bogani said:
Not a fan of too many rough gravel rallies. Poland would be cool though. A bit like Finland, nice gravel stages but much narrower. Reminds of the summer rally roads here in Sweden.
Actually, those roads in Poland are not really fully gravel. That's the state of tarmac that the B roads in Poland respresent. It should be tarmac, but instead half of the road is gravel because... no one could be bothered to fix it properly so the holes got filled with gravel over time. Yeah, I know. We have many jokes about the state of roads in Poland, most common one is if you want to find caves in Poland, you just need to drive on our roads xD

bogani said:
Actually, those roads in Poland are not really fully gravel. That's the state of tarmac that the B roads in Poland respresent. It should be tarmac, but instead half of the road is gravel because... no one could be bothered to fix it properly so the holes got filled with gravel over time. Yeah, I know. We have many jokes about the state of roads in Poland, most common one is if you want to find caves in Poland, you just need to drive on our roads xD
I'm flying to Poland tomorrow, I'll let you know if I find any caves.

bogani said:
Sure. Have fun.

PS. Can't seem to find the image where a fireman was going down a ladder to a hole in a road. Not joking.

bogani said:

Just came back from Poland on Tuesday, didnt see any caves, only a mine, and roads were better than where i live in England

austinb said:
bogani said:
Just came back from Poland on Tuesday, didnt see any caves, only a mine, and roads were better than where i live in England
Main roads are nowadays good. But the backroads... well, complete and utter crap. The roads you have in the Rally Poland seem to you guys like gravel, while they are actually tarmac roads. That's how bad they are.

Just pointing it out, so that everyone realise that Rally Poland is not just gravel or just tarmac. It's mixed rally, but in a very mixed way. You're driving on tarmac and gravel at the same time basically, most of the time. Naturally there are full gravel sections and full tarmac sections here and there, but most of the time it's crappy tarmac that has its holes filled with gravel that accumulated over time.

austinb said:
Main roads are nowadays good. But the backroads... well, complete and utter crap. The roads you have in the Rally Poland seem to you guys like gravel, while they are actually tarmac roads. That's how bad they are.

Just pointing it out, so that everyone realise that Rally Poland is not just gravel or just tarmac. It's mixed rally, but in a very mixed way. You're driving on tarmac and gravel at the same time basically, most of the time. Naturally there are full gravel sections and full tarmac sections here and there, but most of the time it's crappy tarmac that has its holes filled with gravel that accumulated over time.
Yeah i beleive you, i get what you're saying, it is a very interesting surface

I would like Rally RACC because of it mixture of surfaces, and also with Rally RACC could be implemented the tire choose system. Do the devs measured some Rally stages in their trip to Barcelona? Mhhmmm... What a question

Polish roads sound a bit like my city's roads. Instead of fixing it the right way, they do 1/8 inch patches over the entire road surface that just erode away in 3 weeks. Funny thing is all the surrounding cities around mine have perfect roads. But that goes into politics I won't bring up.

bogani said:
That's not exactly accurate but you have a point.
Rally Poland's based in Mazury region which's very farm-based. The soil is very sandy there which's quite good for any agriculture. The roads between small villages are totally un-asphalted, because it has no sense - there're only residents, tractors and tourists travelling there.

It is true that it's not really full gravel - it's more of a sand but with little bigger pebbles.

The totally destroyed asphalt sections covered with the sandy gravel are based on abandoned agricultural complexes after PGR - as far as I know.  So they're there but it's not most of the surface in the whole rally.

It's only few km's of normal tarmac (which's quite destroyed - thats normal), and few meters of concrete blocks.

The rest is the yellow-sandy-gravel which's most of the surface through the whole rally.

So this is happening in 2016

https://twitter.com/rallycameraman/status/677520420917125120
I have looked at the advert for that car several times in the last fortnight: congrats on the purchase and best of luck for next year! 

Just remember, no Alt+F4 on this one!! :)

Awesome! Regular status updates on the forums please :-) Will Codies sponsor you with a big dirt rally logo? ;-)

Dytut said:

Awesome! Regular status updates on the forums please :-) Will Codies sponsor you with a big dirt rally logo? ;-)
With permission I would slap DR logo on it for free, just because.