DiRTy Gossip

Meeting the lifetime sales and such is certainly good news, but its also a pretty clear statement on just how low expectations were from the 'folks upstairs', so it's a bit double-edged in that sense. Hopefully it can utterly smash those targets in the longer run, plus maintain it's status as the Codies game with the highest metacritic ever, which are the kind of things they won't ignore, at least in the short term.

Knowing those business folks though, it won't be long before they start thinking and believing "If it can be so successful like this, imagine how much more successful it will be if it's more casual and accessible!"
That's what Paul and the team need to be ready to fight, or perhaps that should be 'start fighting all over again'.

One of the earliest things I said about the Toyota situation was that it might simply not have been worth it from a financial point of view, given the very limited amount of cars they could contribute and their limited relevance compared to others. The need to prioritise getting "bang for the buck" with the games smaller budget, hence perhaps having more Lancia or Ford which were big players throughout all of the eras represented in the game.
That's looking rather more likely at this point.

But at least we should be able to stop moaning now that it's because of other games 'stealing' all the cars with exclusive deals which evidently don't exist.

Subaru seems to have played well with Codemasters too, we have 3 (or 4 counting WRX) in game.  

BrySkye said:
Knowing those business folks though, it won't be long before they start thinking and believing "If it can be so successful like this, imagine how much more successful it will be if it's more casual and accessible!"
That's what Paul and the team need to be ready to fight, or perhaps that should be 'start fighting all over again'.
Thats one thing I always wondered about too, but thankfully the general consensus is, that people 'get it'.
One review quote on the DiRT Twitter feed, went along the lines of, "Never even heard of Rally, Now I'm addicted!"  Thats a massive accomplishment in the game 'feel'.  Awesome!

gfRally said:
Subaru seems to have played well with Codemasters too, we have 3 (or 4 counting WRX) in game.  
If only we could have the S9 Impreza of Solberg and the WRC97 impreza

JZStudios said:
So this is happening in 2016
What a way to shamelessly plug in your need for others acceptance to guarantee your own self satisfaction. You self centered egotistical ... person you. What happened to buying a better wheel setup?
Not sure if sarcasm or genuinely angry? 
Sarcasm. I don't like doing the lol or the dumb emojis. That's the problem with internet.

austinb said:
Road book up, Last one unfortunately :( but we will get a dirt show next week!
Last for this year...

No one will ever guess why Toyota aren't in the game!  :D
True... 

It was great to hear @KickUp talking about the support from 'upstairs' and how the vision he and the DiRT team ( @justbiglee was also there fighting so hard for it) proven itself in gamer's and critic's praise. And in good sales.

I had the pleasure to meet the guys and hear more about it how DiRT Rally came together, and trust me fellow DiRTy Gossipers it wasn't easy....

I'm so happy that the DiRT team is finishing 2015 on such a high, after putting out the best Early Access programme I've ever seen ( it all started in @justbiglee 's orange DiRT book) they have the commitment and reward for their efforts to bring this amazing and pure experience to consoles.

The interview shows that doubters within Codies were silenced and the future for DiRT Rally Legend Version or future DiRT Rally game is bright.

Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of it all (Holjes trip was my best motorsport experience) and  for letting me have an early sneak peek here and there.

I have one little request...
Could you put the 'DiRTy Keyboard' in the corner of the room during the DiRT Show and light it up for a couple of seconds? :tongue: 

It's also awesome how this thread has become the hub for avid DiRT Rally fans and a bit of a symbol of the group of players the game was made for.

Merry DiRTy Christmas to Gossipers!

No one will ever guess why Toyota aren't in the game!  :D
True... 

You's have held your tongue this long, keep holding it and stop hinting at the extra knowledge if it's never going to be elaborated anywhere. :P 
That stops being fun/gossip and just turns to being mean.

https://twitter.com/rallycameraman/status/677520420917125120

Second corner:

This is what will happen just before, during and after the crash in the cockpit:

"This isn't going to end well, is it? This is going to hurt badly tomorrow! IEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CRSHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH UMPF! Are you alright?"

When I was listening to Paul on the radio, he seemed to be a motorsport analyst that exactly resembles to the analysts and motorsport journalists that were back then keenly inspecting every single detail during an event in the 90s whom I really enjoyed listening to. I still miss listening to such professional analyses.

tbtstt said:

https://twitter.com/rallycameraman/status/677520420917125120
I have looked at the advert for that car several times in the last fortnight: congrats on the purchase and best of luck for next year! 
You gonna change your name to Rallyingcameraman then? ;)

Paddle shift will make my life easier, and if I can sit on the bonnet to as that's the only view I'm used to. 
I would've to be faster than Usain Bolt to maintain the view I'm used to xD

Rallycameraman's wheel

• Body is 18 characters too short.
Paddle shift will make my life easier, and if I can sit on the bonnet to as that's the only view I'm used to. 
Whoa!  Glad you don't use bumper cam

PC Gamer's review of DiRT is a little strange. They've given it a score of 80 which is fair enough, but for some reason have massively slated the handling, saying the cars all feel the same and it is too easy!?

http://www.pcgamer.com/dirt-rally-review/

Very odd criticisms, whilst I understand not everyone will think it is a perfect handling model, you can't argue that its not close

The talk about an absurd amount of traction control and that a huge amount of it is forced-on is, rightly, causing the most confusion.
They specifically say all the assists are turned off.
Personally, I wonder if that's true. If it was checked or had saved (The 'leaving the menu without -applying- changes' oversight)
It's just too strange to really comprehend otherwise.

Saying there is barely any difference between the Stratos and a 2010 car, apart from times, is just too far out there to be really taken seriously.
We can take critique of the handling, just not liking the game, etc, etc.
...But using a specific example that the Stratos isn't much different from a 2010 car... I just can't really fathom how someone comes to that conclusion in a true, all assists off, scenario.
I'd genuinely love to see some video of trying to drive the Stratos using the same driving style you'd use in a 2010 car.

We have some big handling critiques here with talk of hovercraft and tyres less durable than a Pirelli... 
But I don't think I've seen it claimed that all the cars handle the same.
...With the possible exception of one legendary Russian troll.

EDIT: Maybe booted up DiRT 3 by mistake?