Jump to content
Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

cjl9 said:


On another note:  looks so far like the Bandai Namco plan for the DVD distribution will be zip for North American vendors again.
What does this mean? No DVDs in the USA?

Don't know yet, but that's how the distribution deal with Bandai Namco has worked in the past, necessitating US DVD buyers ordering from overseas vendors.

BrySkye said:
Bandai Namco's deal with Codemasters has expired..
Codemasters signed a new publishing deal last month with Koch-Media for global distribution, including the Americas, for 2016 instead.

Thanks!  I'll have to check that out. :)

Edit: A Google translation of the 12 December 2015 press release from Koch Media - <DiRT Rally appear on April 5, 2016 for consoles, Steam release today, PC-box this month.>

So far I have no idea what the "PC-box" includes - just a download key, or an installation DVD as well; or who and where are the vendors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Just a little note by going all the way back to launch day, which we might all have forgotten about.
Cars with the full set of headlights when it's not night time.
This advanced technology seems to have been lost to the sands of time.




Two days ago I was looking at some wallpapers and games I realized this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Today I've started wondering...when can we expect some online special events? Either I've had a bad luck and missed all of them or there was only one or two since the beggining of EA? Will we have to wait for consoles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evilsmurf said:
I'll be picking it up on PS4 also, feel free to add me once you get one. My id is in my sig.
I will do!  In fact I'm sure you are already on my contact list for PS3? 

IGN review for DiRT Rally now up...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/12/22/dirt-rally-review?%20hub%20page%20(front%20page)&utm_content=1

..."Dirt Rally is a brilliant looking and incredible sounding racing sim that feels absolutely outstanding, but it won’t tolerate the timid."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Evilsmurf said:
I'll be picking it up on PS4 also, feel free to add me once you get one. My id is in my sig.
I will do!  In fact I'm sure you are already on my contact list for PS3? 





*pssst* get an Xbox one instead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Congrats to those that 'won' recognition yesterday!  That was fun to hear.  Also to @evilsmurf , I didn't realize how much you have been doing to fill in for Lee, maybe you will have a future doing this paid :)

Gossip?  I didn't really hear anything regarding new content (new liveries?) or DLC between now and April, so I'm not going to hold my breath or have any hopes.  

It was interesting to hear about @kickup messing around with a Porsche in DR, sounds like a curiosity for them to try.  He pretty much shot down the possibility of having that car in any game because of the cost of licensing.  

So I guess we could start pondering the next title 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, you have to imagine that 'mocking up' the cars they can't have is something fun to do.

I think the wrong questions were asked to get more info out, but it's good that Paul mentioned there were some very exciting things coming in the new year based upon his inbox contents of late :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
Congrats to those that 'won' recognition yesterday!  That was fun to hear.  Also to @evilsmurf , I didn't realize how much you have been doing to fill in for Lee, maybe you will have a future doing this paid :)

Gossip?  I didn't really hear anything regarding new content (new liveries?) or DLC between now and April, so I'm not going to hold my breath or have any hopes.  

It was interesting to hear about @kickup messing around with a Porsche in DR, sounds like a curiosity for them to try.  He pretty much shot down the possibility of having that car in any game because of the cost of licensing.  

So I guess we could start pondering the next title 
I just listened to the show again to see if I missed any details or gossip. I'm having to play it at the lowest quality (because the internet at work is awful!), I can't quite make out what @KickUp says after he mentions my award: it sounds like "you've got a copy you've already got waiting for you. Congratulations"? Am I hearing that right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
Congrats to those that 'won' recognition yesterday!  That was fun to hear.  Also to @evilsmurf , I didn't realize how much you have been doing to fill in for Lee, maybe you will have a future doing this paid :)

Gossip?  I didn't really hear anything regarding new content (new liveries?) or DLC between now and April, so I'm not going to hold my breath or have any hopes.  

It was interesting to hear about @kickup messing around with a Porsche in DR, sounds like a curiosity for them to try.  He pretty much shot down the possibility of having that car in any game because of the cost of licensing.  

So I guess we could start pondering the next title 
I just listened to the show again to see if I missed any details or gossip. I'm having to play it at the lowest quality (because the internet at work is awful!), I can't quite make out what @KickUp says after he mentions my award: it sounds like "you've got a copy you've already got waiting for you. Congratulations"? Am I hearing that right? 
It was stuttering on youtube a lot, I got about half way and stopped.  It just got really bad, that I couldn't make out portions of the conversation.  It was also screwed up with the screen ratio too.  

I think they should set up 2 recording methods.  1 for archive, youtube and one that is live streamed.  Probably with 2 different cameras and computers.  The last couple of live streams have been kind of messed up in some way.  

I do appreciate their efforts doing this, but for me, I'm going to just watch here for the synopsis.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Use the link from a page or so back, to the twitch historic stream, i don't think that has the ratio issues or the sound cut out every few seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Use the link from a page or so back, to the twitch historic stream, i don't think that has the ratio issues or the sound cut out every few seconds.
Yeah, that's what I used... 

http://www.twitch.tv/dirtgame/v/31092588

...as I had the same problem as @gfRally with the You Tube version. I still can't quite make out the line though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
Congrats to those that 'won' recognition yesterday!  That was fun to hear.  Also to @evilsmurf , I didn't realize how much you have been doing to fill in for Lee, maybe you will have a future doing this paid :)

Gossip?  I didn't really hear anything regarding new content (new liveries?) or DLC between now and April, so I'm not going to hold my breath or have any hopes.  

It was interesting to hear about @kickup messing around with a Porsche in DR, sounds like a curiosity for them to try.  He pretty much shot down the possibility of having that car in any game because of the cost of licensing.  

So I guess we could start pondering the next title 
Couldn't RUF be a possibility? Or did they mention that. The sound skipped all the show through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
It was stuttering on youtube a lot, I got about half way and stopped.  It just got really bad, that I couldn't make out portions of the conversation.  It was also screwed up with the screen ratio too.  

I think they should set up 2 recording methods.  1 for archive, youtube and one that is live streamed.  Probably with 2 different cameras and computers.  The last couple of live streams have been kind of messed up in some way.  

I do appreciate their efforts doing this, but for me, I'm going to just watch here for the synopsis.  
We've usually hit Export from Twitch and it has just worked but something has gone wrong. We're working on fixing it but it is a far easier solution to do it this way than trying to do live and a recording at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A possibility, but I'd say unlikely for a couple of reasons such as paying for the license of a technically incorrect car. This isn't Sega Rally.
We shouldn't really read too much into internal testing that was basically just done to see what the physics engine can do. It's all par for the course.

I suspect we'll have something before April. Paul was saying there was lots of exciting things he was bursting to talk about, but just couldn't yet.
Thus far at least, when it comes to things that weren't explicitly detailed on the road map, like new cars, they typically weren't revealed until 1/2 weeks before release, so there's a ton of scope there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
gfRally said:
It was stuttering on youtube a lot, I got about half way and stopped.  It just got really bad, that I couldn't make out portions of the conversation.  It was also screwed up with the screen ratio too.  

I think they should set up 2 recording methods.  1 for archive, youtube and one that is live streamed.  Probably with 2 different cameras and computers.  The last couple of live streams have been kind of messed up in some way.  

I do appreciate their efforts doing this, but for me, I'm going to just watch here for the synopsis.  
We've usually hit Export from Twitch and it has just worked but something has gone wrong. We're working on fixing it but it is a far easier solution to do it this way than trying to do live and a recording at the same time.
The stream itself was bonkers, the export would've been bonkers as well. I don't think i have ever experienced so much buffering and then catching up by the site. Whenever it buffered and slowed down to 20 second delay - it kept forwarding to get back up to 10 seconds for whatever reason. Also, don't overdo the source bit-rate, doing the max of 3500 just begs for trouble these last few months, and I've been on twitch far too much for my own good. >_>

EDIT: I won't be surprised if the show was disturbed by some tourney as well, those reaally mess it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was there any good gossip questions and answers? The stream was so laggy that i quit watching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:

I shall be shopping for a PS4 post-Christmas and then counting down the days until April! 
[...]
You and me both. Cannot wait for spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The issue with the lagging during the stream is that if you are not a Twitch partner, all viewers are locked into the settings of the streamer. So if the streamer has a high quality stream, all the viewers have to have the internet bandwidth to handle the data and the CPU to handle decoding.

The issue with skipping on the replay? No idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enamel said:
The issue with the lagging during the stream is that if you are not a Twitch partner, all viewers are locked into the settings of the streamer. So if the streamer has a high quality stream, all the viewers have to have the internet bandwidth to handle the data and the CPU to handle decoding.

The issue with skipping on the replay? No idea.
DEPENDS, If the stream hits enough viewers, it enables transcoding for non-partner streams, which dirtgame gets pretty much instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone taking bets on the 'can't talk about' exciting news being more Rallycross action?  I think we'll see that aspect of the game getting more content? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
Anyone taking bets on the 'can't talk about' exciting news being more Rallycross action?  I think we'll see that aspect of the game getting more content? :)
Even though I love rallycross, I kind of hope that's not the case. In my opinion we need more unique stage kilometers per country instead of some rallycross. I have nothing against more rallycross content after that though... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I never use it, unless harvesting credits, but I think the official partnership will inevitably yield more content!  Adds a broader appeal too (yes, I'm washing my mouth out with soap) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
I never use it, unless harvesting credits, but I think the official partnership will inevitably yield more content!  Adds a broader appeal too (yes, I'm washing my mouth out with soap) :)
https://youtu.be/4KjxFDGFKhk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
About 3 and a half minutes in Paul says they could continue working on banks for all the tracks. I guess we already knew that, but hey, it's being worked on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×