DiRTy Gossip

YoMrWhite said:
If they somehow manage to get the 206 in the game then I'd lose my shit... specifically this one I got for Christmas
Yes, that one should have been in. Strange it isn't, for we have the 205 and 306 and the Peugeots in PP und RX and it would fit in the 2000 class. Know what? Make a French Special, with the missing Renaults and the 206. Wouldn't mind a 504 thrown into it.
This might sound crazy but they should also throw in the 307 as well and split the 2000 class in two different classes.

The 206 is probably my favourite WRC car from that period and I'd love to see it in the game.
Think about the huge amount of beautiful custom liveries modders could create.
The 307 would also be nice as long as it's not the 307 WRC with the 4-speed gearbox!

Love the classic Renault rally cars as well like the Renault 5 Alpine Gr.2, R5 Turbo, the R5 Maxi Turbo, Megane Maxi Kit Car, the Clio Maxi Kit Car. Most of them can be added to one of the existing classes.

Let's see what the next few weeks might bring us.

It's already been said that if an iconic car isn't in there, then there are good reasons for it, normally reasons beyond the teams control e.g licences

4-speed gearbox!              

Wait?, what?
Yup, the 307 initially had a 4-speed gearbox. It infuriated Grönholm on more than one occasion because it was also unreliable.

4-speed gearbox!              

Wait?, what?
Yup, the 307 initially had a 4-speed gearbox. It infuriated Grönholm on more than one occasion because it was also unreliable.
And when they finally gave a 5-speed transmission to Grönholm, he managed to infuriate the engineers and team chief by crashing after 400 meters in the first stage forcing a retirements.....I read somewhere that Corrado Provera said after he learned that Grönholm crashed :"Now we bloody give him 5 gears and he crashes before he can select 5th!"

4-speed gearbox!              

Wait?, what?
haha i think he used it as a excuse.he got a 5 speed and crashed instantly :D.wrong person for wrong car. ;)

KevM said:
Legacy RS, Mitsi Galant VR4, Celice GT4 ST 165, Sierra Sapphire Cosworth, Sunny GTiR

Cool!
I know it's been really popular to have the Renulte etc in the game, however as a "wish" it would be nice to play with some of the less common cars as above in a game.  A far fetch would be a Toyota Corolla.  

Just wishing

Or the Celica ST165 and/or the ST185 (the ST165 would be fun, since it actually had a manually lockable center diff, which would probably translate in-game as being unlocked on tarmac stage and locked on snow and gravel stages or as having only 2 settings : locked and unlocked)

F2CMaDMaXX said:
4-speed gearbox!              

Wait?, what?

Sure if we get it (307), it'll have 6 gears, like the '07 Focus :)

Trailer for first DiRT Rally DLC . Not sure if this video was here or not. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSHZDNuV5N8&list=LLOjMYaj6LAWkaVwyrTUkO6Q&index=118

Clio is better suited to F2 Maxi class, with 306 & Ibiza.                 

@teknoid85, @KevM is right, whilst it may adhere to the GrpA specs, as soon as it leaves the tarmac the 4WD cars will wipe the floor with it.

RookieOne said:
Or the Celica ST165 and/or the ST185 (the ST165 would be fun, since it actually had a manually lockable center diff, which would probably translate in-game as being unlocked on tarmac stage and locked on snow and gravel stages or as having only 2 settings : locked and unlocked)
The 205 was in Sega Rally though.
That's all that really needs to be said. :)
That and Codies already have a compatible source file for the 205.

Apparently a redundant line of thought anyway though as the people that went to Codies before the game was even announced have made it clear lately that they were told the exact reason why Toyota are not in the game and it's a reason that means they never, ever, will be.