DiRTy Gossip

versedi said:
Back to gossip guys!
@Kickup said: "I don’t want to give too much away but I should probably clarify that it isn’t a massive feature but it is something pretty special that will add something quite poignant to DiRT Rally that has been missing from the series for a long time."

I don't know anything no more.
Sounds a bit like the startup and podium from CMR3. That also fits the picture, as it's not something game changing but requires resources to work on, so definitely approval was needed to spend work hours on it. Not to mention that it was missing for a long time and @KickUp often mentioned he would love to see that.

Nicky Grist as co-driver option? FMV intro? Impreza/Focus McRae livery? (remember this tbt with CMR1 cover).

versedi said:
Back to gossip guys!
@Kickup said: "I don’t want to give too much away but I should probably clarify that it isn’t a massive feature but it is something pretty special that will add something quite poignant to DiRT Rally that has been missing from the series for a long time."

Could it be hot seat gameplay? Did the latest Dirt titles had that?

No bugfixes till console -release is equal as doing a Milestone; Not fixing stuff after release.  So we have months of Early Acces which was the best Early Acces in whole Steam history, and now neglecting any bugfixes till the console-release. That's sounds very Milestone-ish in my opinion, and you don't want to do a Milestone, because it harms your reputation which you have build up with Dirt Rally (lets forget F1 2015) 

Don't get me wrong. I love your game. I've 920 hours invested innit, but no bugfixes put you in same league as Milestone, and can be classified as fraud too. In Europe you pay for a product, but that product must also work like intented. If it does not work, or fall apart after a few uses people can ask their money back or go to a lawyer or anything else. 

So to not doing a Milestone, and not having Angry Europeans asking their money back etc etc it's better to fix the bugs, and than work onto a console-release. You can't first do a console-release and than fix bugs months after pc-release. 

We are fixing bugs and we are bringing these together into one big update rather than delivering them in bits and pieces. I understand your frustration but I can assure you that we have not abandoned PC in order to release console. 

KickUp said:
No bugfixes till console -release is equal as doing a Milestone; Not fixing stuff after release.  So we have months of Early Acces which was the best Early Acces in whole Steam history, and now neglecting any bugfixes till the console-release. That's sounds very Milestone-ish in my opinion, and you don't want to do a Milestone, because it harms your reputation which you have build up with Dirt Rally (lets forget F1 2015) 

Don't get me wrong. I love your game. I've 920 hours invested innit, but no bugfixes put you in same league as Milestone, and can be classified as fraud too. In Europe you pay for a product, but that product must also work like intented. If it does not work, or fall apart after a few uses people can ask their money back or go to a lawyer or anything else. 

So to not doing a Milestone, and not having Angry Europeans asking their money back etc etc it's better to fix the bugs, and than work onto a console-release. You can't first do a console-release and than fix bugs months after pc-release. 

We are fixing bugs and we are bringing these together into one big update rather than delivering them in bits and pieces. I understand your frustration but I can assure you that we have not abandoned PC in order to release console. 
hello paul

the reapaitr is broken in monthy and maybe weekly

if i repair cooler to 80%  after 2races without collision  it goes back to 0%.    the same with exhaist system.

i had terminal damage with this funky thing in the monthly ....

KickUp said:
This comment KickUp posted just made my day. My fears are now gone (at least for a good while)

teknoid85 said:
KickUp said:

hello paul

the reapaitr is broken in monthy and maybe weekly

if i repair cooler to 80%  after 2races without collision  it goes back to 0%.    the same with exhaist system.

i had terminal damage with this funky thing in the monthly ....
Yep I got your message on Twitter and the team are looking into it. 

KickUp said:

Please tell me that the league issues are due to other (seperate) tech than the game itself and will be fixed sooner than that... 

Leagues are an issue right now, i didn't know that CM wasn't aware of them, they're on hold for most people until the new bugs are fixed :(

Leagues are an issue right now, i didn't know that CM wasn't aware of them, they're on hold for most people until the new bugs are fixed :(
We're still running our rally, after 50-60 minutes of driving with basically no repairs it's pretty tough.  Kinda cool I like the attrition thing sometimes, but for every event for months is a long time. 

versedi said:
Back to gossip guys!
What he said. Take your 3d mesh deformation to it's own thread please.it's gone past the gossip stage.
I was taking that discussion more as how everyone sees future, not a current game gossip but OK!

P.S. #KubicaDontGo

Mafkees89 said:
KickUp said:

Please tell me that the league issues are due to other (seperate) tech than the game itself and will be fixed sooner than that... 
No promises but I hope so. I think it was broken by the new checkpoint system we added (which was to deter people from alt+4ing their monthly). I'll update you guys on Monday. 

Also 100% echo Paul's statement - we haven't forgotten about guys!

versedi said:
Back to gossip guys!

I'm thinking one of McRae's early WRCar's again...

Tyre pressure amendments and tyre choice would be awesome to have, especially on a full rally when you may have to run a mixture of compounds out of want or need. 

Ok figured out "the cool thing" that has been missing for 5 years, if I'm right, it's so obvious that it's hitting us square between the eyes.  The McRae name will be associated with DiRT (Rally) again.  The box art was a diversion or placeholder for 'something special' to replace it.

Hatward said:
Mafkees89 said:
KickUp said:

No promises but I hope so. I think it was broken by the new checkpoint system we added (which was to deter people from alt+4ing their monthly). I'll update you guys on Monday. 

Also 100% echo Paul's statement - we haven't forgotten about guys!
That's great to hear, Paul's statement had me slightly worried there for a moment. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the monday news.

A big thanks to all of you for keeping in touch like you do  :smiley: 

gfRally said:
Ok figured out "the cool thing" that has been missing for 5 years, if I'm right, it's so obvious that it's hitting us square between the eyes.  The McRae name will be associated with DiRT (Rally) again.  The box art was a diversion or placeholder for 'something special' to replace it.
They've already done it with the McRae name for the iOS and Android CMR not long ago?

gfRally said:
That would be cool but I hope not, doesn't add anything to the actual game.

Colin McRae DiRT Rally would be a cool name though. It would have something from the past (Colin McRae Rally) mixed with something modern (DiRT Rally) which perfectly describes this game. A modern game taken back to its roots!

versedi said:
Back to gossip guys!

Has to be...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAfJhVPRcXV/

What else could be described as 'poignant' to the series?  I hope I'm right...

@gfRally and @KevM I agree totally.

This came to me in a meeting (yeah yeah) and when i came back to check, you two already had it :D 
I think it will be an association with the McRaes and maybe even the anniversary Group N WRX used in Rally Wales GB by David Higgins.

It fits with what Paul said, especially in his follow up and it would be nice to see :)

I'll throw my hat in then.

Liveries.

I've known for a while that any new cars driven by Colin or RB was pretty much off the cards, but efforts were ongoing to secure more liveries that they had driven.
So that could be Colin's 1995 championship winning Subary livery, to go with RB's 2001 example.
And/Or it could be the Martini Racing Focus 01.
Martini was a topic of discussion a few months ago, and Paul would definitely be thrilled to get those famous stripes on the games Lancia's.
He's part Italian after all.

That wouldn't matter so much to us PC gamers, but it's a pretty big deal for the un-moddable console versions.

The only car I could see happening would be Colin's Impreza from the original Colin McRae Rally.