DiRTy Gossip

We probably won't see Martini liveries as there's some rule against advertising alcohol and tobacco products in games.

Jehde said:
We probably won't see Martini liveries as there's some rule against advertising alcohol and tobacco products in games.
Old discussion. You won't see the Martini logo, saying "Martini", but a 'censored' version of the livery is perfectly acceptable.

Gran Turismo 6, 2013
V

BrySkye said:
Jehde said:
Old discussion. You won't see the Martini logo, saying "Martini", but a 'censored' version of the livery is perfectly acceptable.
I'll allow them to use my name for a censored version.. 

Underkex said:
Nicky Grist as co-driver option? FMV intro? Impreza/Focus McRae livery? (remember this tbt with CMR1 cover).
Apart from FMV intro it has already been done ;)
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nicky-grist-co-driver-for-dirt-rally-teaser.8532/

Jehde said:
555 is a tobacco product also, though the abstract version (Higgins Impreza above) seems to be accepted

@gfRally and @KevM I agree totally.

This came to me in a meeting (yeah yeah) and when i came back to check, you two already had it :D 
I think it will be an association with the McRaes and maybe even the anniversary Group N WRX used in Rally Wales GB by David Higgins.

It fits with what Paul said, especially in his follow up and it would be nice to see :)
BrySkye said:
I'll throw my hat in then.

Liveries.

I've known for a while that any new cars driven by Colin or RB was pretty much off the cards, but efforts were ongoing to secure more liveries that they had driven.
So that could be Colin's 1995 championship winning Subary livery, to go with RB's 2001 example.
And/Or it could be the Martini Racing Focus 01.
Martini was a topic of discussion a few months ago, and Paul would definitely be thrilled to get those famous stripes on the games Lancia's.
He's part Italian after all.

That wouldn't matter so much to us PC gamers, but it's a pretty big deal for the un-moddable console versions.

The only car I could see happening would be Colin's Impreza from the original Colin McRae Rally.
Alright guys, good job, based off the time stamps etc, these two posts were they :D

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/688105860384473089
https://twitter.com/F2CMaDMaXX/status/688106007952666627
https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/688108890354008064

This came to me in a meeting (yeah yeah) and when i came back to check, you two already had it :D 
I think it will be an association with the McRaes and maybe even the anniversary Group N WRX used in Rally Wales GB by David Higgins.

It fits with what Paul said, especially in his follow up and it would be nice to see :)
BrySkye said:

Liveries.

I've known for a while that any new cars driven by Colin or RB was pretty much off the cards, but efforts were ongoing to secure more liveries that they had driven.
So that could be Colin's 1995 championship winning Subary livery, to go with RB's 2001 example.
Martini was a topic of discussion a few months ago, and Paul would definitely be thrilled to get those famous stripes on the games Lancia's.

That wouldn't matter so much to us PC gamers, but it's a pretty big deal for the un-moddable console versions.

The only car I could see happening would be Colin's Impreza from the original Colin McRae Rally.
Alright guys, good job, based off the time stamps etc, these two posts were they :D

One is correct

griev0r said:
Hatward said:
Dytut said:
I sure hope they make an exception for fixing leagues. Kinda sucks if leagues will be broken for two months more.
What's up with Leagues?

We're looking at potential new functionality, but obviously very keen to fix anything that's broken.
The repair system is broken, you can only repair like 2% of the car.  Some kind of bug, it doesn't use your engineers.

There are other issue(s) also I just can't think of it right now.  @enamel help me out here
League settings that do not have a means of selecting them are:
Owned Vehicles
Career Engineers
Vehicle Tuning

I guess you could call the ability to change these values a feature that hasn't been added yet instead of a bug, but yeah it makes leagues very "fair" at the moment. Everyone gets the same upgrades, no engineers, and stock setups. Press on regardless I suppose!

Hatward said:
Dytut said:
I sure hope they make an exception for fixing leagues. Kinda sucks if leagues will be broken for two months more.
What's up with Leagues?

We're looking at potential new functionality, but obviously very keen to fix anything that's broken.
  • We have no chance of choosing to to use custom or fixed setup
  • We have no chance of choosing to use career engineers/mechanics or not
  • We have no chance of choosing career vehicles, or already fully upgraded.
I do think those options were meant to come with the 1.0 release, instead we as league owners have to choices at all. And are stuck with fully upgraded cars (which is great to be fair), no mechanics - which means we can only fix around 4-5% of one part on each service. Which in turn means we have to use service after every single stage to be able to fix the cars somewhat. But they always wear more than can be fixed, even when going through a stage at 60 km/h without any crashes.
And we always have to use default setup, which for me, is no big problem, that's what I use anyway. But it's not good.

Different governing body IIRC.                        
Different promoter, FIA is the governing body of both. Which is how Petter Solberg is able to be the only person in the history that have World Titles in two different FIA Car Racing World Championships (apparently))

KickUp said:

BrySkye said:

Liveries.

One is correct
Ahh, not so good, we both gave two options :D

Higgins R4 Impreza in 555 livery = Amazon Legend pack = no update until Console build release

(Maybe...)

Just had my cousin in collecting his tickets & boarding passes for AutoSport International - damn work...

I don't really see how the Higgins R4 555 Impreza could be something he's been wanting for 5 years.
It hasn't existed that long.

That's true, doesn't mean he wasn't getting that too, but it seems less likely than just the historic liveries.

BrySkye said:
I don't really see how the Higgins R4 555 Impreza could be something he's been wanting for 5 years.
Exactly! Its not that but likely to be one of (or some of) his previous earlier rally cars

A Colin McRae Mega Pack, which includes some of the cars who colin used, and the tribute of higgins, for example;
The impreza s4 they posted on fb
The xsara
Colin focus livery censored
Skoda fabia
Sierra livery
Well a lot of cars, but i think that it is the final answer

A Colin McRae Mega Pack, which includes some of the cars who colin used, and the tribute of higgins, for example;
The impreza s4 they posted on fb
The xsara
Colin focus livery censored
Skoda fabia
Sierra livery
Well a lot of cars, but i think that it is the final answer

Still like to see the Subaru Legacy, that made a lot of history, not exactly winning history but..

PL DiRT Rally leauge still works allright. We have own cars, setups, and mechanics. But it was created before 1.0 release...

PaloSamo said:
PL DiRT Rally leauge still works allright. We have own cars, setups, and mechanics. But it was created before 1.0 release...
@Hatward 
Interesting, this might help Hatward in finding the issue if he hasn't already.

austinb said:
BrySkye said:
Exactly! Its not that but likely to be one of (or some of) his previous earlier rally cars
Remember that we already know what it is, please see my large quoted post above.  It means that one of the four things @BrySkye and @F2CMaDMaXX said was the thing agreed to by management.  Whilst we seem to know it'll be a historic livery, it doesn't rule out the R4 555 car, but ONLY because it was a special/historic thing in the Welsh Rally, otherwise, no cars related to this management agreement.