Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

Underkex said:

Sebastien Loeb Evo Rally uses a real spanish co-driver and you can hear the difference. This channel is one of the biggest for spanish sim-racers. You can read the comments, all praising the co-driver (copiloto) as the best feature of the game.
That says a lot about the quality of the rest of the game, doesn't it?
Of course. The youtuber says at the end of the stage: "I would kill for this co-driver in Dirt Rally". The rest of the game is the same in all languages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So Martini or 555? What's your guess? Maybe both?

Such a nice stage uploaded to youtube last year by WRC official channel, those beatiful landscapes - oh they'd look gorgoeus in DR. I don't say it's better than the one we have, but certainly it's really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS4-XrRdArs&feature=youtu.be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
So Martini or 555? What's your guess? Maybe both?
I'm not -really- guessing when I say the (censored) version of the Group A Impreza livery from Wales GB 1995. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
So Martini or 555? What's your guess? Maybe both?
I so hope it's the 555 livery: given that they have recently re-recorded the Group A Impreza all it needs now is the right livery and I'll be in Group A heaven once the game is released on console...

https://youtu.be/U1e6zW4ok2w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
versedi said:
So Martini or 555? What's your guess? Maybe both?
I so hope it's the 555 livery: given that they have recently re-recorded the Group A Impreza all it needs now is the right livery and I'll be in Group A heaven once the game is released on console...

https://youtu.be/U1e6zW4ok2w
I just imagined not having that livery in game ;) It's good to be on PC :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
@gfRally and @KevM I agree totally.

This came to me in a meeting (yeah yeah) and when i came back to check, you two already had it :D 
I think it will be an association with the McRaes and maybe even the anniversary Group N WRX used in Rally Wales GB by David Higgins.

It fits with what Paul said, especially in his follow up and it would be nice to see :)
BrySkye said:
I'll throw my hat in then.

Liveries.

I've known for a while that any new cars driven by Colin or RB was pretty much off the cards, but efforts were ongoing to secure more liveries that they had driven.
So that could be Colin's 1995 championship winning Subary livery, to go with RB's 2001 example.
And/Or it could be the Martini Racing Focus 01.
Martini was a topic of discussion a few months ago, and Paul would definitely be thrilled to get those famous stripes on the games Lancia's.
He's part Italian after all.

That wouldn't matter so much to us PC gamers, but it's a pretty big deal for the un-moddable console versions.

The only car I could see happening would be Colin's Impreza from the original Colin McRae Rally.
Alright guys, good job, based off the time stamps etc, these two posts were they :D

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/688105860384473089
https://twitter.com/F2CMaDMaXX/status/688106007952666627
https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/688108890354008064

One is correct
Which one, is still the question. Both comments can be broken down into a lot of different suggestions.

F2CMaDMaXX's comment first.:

-Higgins' 2015 Wales Rally Special Impreza Grp N.
This fits the poignant comment as the whole real world event was as well. It is a realistic addition, both car wise (as it has been potentially hinted on twitter ages ago, and subaru seem willing to for the game to feature their cars.) and livery wise (it is a replica livery in itself and should not be such an issue for licensing).
However the one thing that for me rules it out is Paul's comment about having wanted the "thing" for his games for 5 years. This car has not been around since then.
This part could perhaps be refering to wanting the livery for 5 years, maybe its coming, just not on the car he was originally imagining..... this does seem a long shot however.

-An association with the McRae family name.
This is a vague statement that could incorporate a lot of things (Perhaps a cameo appearance by one of the McRaes, or A new car in the shape of Colin's BRC Subaru Legacy which has never made an appearance in any of the games, which is also a requirement from what Paul has said.)

Now for BrySkye's comment:

-Liveries in general.
Yes it seems likely to be a livery/liveries but is a bit vague for Paul to say "this guy is correct because he knows its some form of livery" plus im sure liveries (non specific) had been mentioned before this coment.

-Martini livery on the focus.
Not this as the focus with a martini livery featured in multiple CMR games.

- The original subaru from CMR aka the 22B WRC LOL 2K16.
This, obviously, was in the older games, all of the CMR games in fact I think, so not this.

-95 Championship "555" livery.
This is likely to be the answer. The 555 (or banana banana banana) livery has never been used on the 95 Impreza in any of the games. It is also very poignant as im sure everyone understands. The 95 car never featured in the original CMR games to take advantage of the wrc license that they had originally. The car first appeared in DIRT 1 and has remained in the games since, but always with fictional liveries. It therefore also fits with the "last 5 years comment" as the car has been in dirt games for 8 years. Paul has probably always longed for the car to sport the iconic livery.

To conclude:

The bananas will be making their official in-game debut on the 95 Impreza, where they belong.
There is a small chance we may get the livery but on the 2015 group N impreza instead as discused above; however my money is well and truly on the 95 car wearing it, especially as Paul has said many times now that is not a big feature (which a new car could be considered).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
austinb said:

- The original subaru from CMR aka the 22B WRC LOL 2K16.
This, obviously, was in the older games, all of the CMR games in fact I think, so not this.
Just to be clear, at the time that was posted the only information was that it hadn't been in a DiRT game.
 CMR is irrelevant.

 That said, it was unlikely anyway because my inside information was no new cars that CM or RB had driven.

 Do I have more inside information on the matter from back before Flying Finland was released that I had actually forgotten about until the weekend?
Maaaaybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah i know that we heard that since your comment, I was just going through all the points that could have been correct (as stated by Paul) from what we know now. I wasnt at all trying to say your guess was wrong at the time! Just now that we have more info.
Haha how can you forget such information?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaloSamo said:
PaloSamo said:
No offence, but even not a rally specialist can hear the difference between two voices (not to mention languages). I know roughly how making Co-Driver voice can be hard, because me and versedi are trying to achieve it right now ;) But I don't want to pick on you guys, as you have done a wonderful job, probably on tight budget and with limited time. Well done. 
The grounds of your praise is exactly why those minor issues exist; limited time as well as unfortunate and untimely events. Just be happy they're not game-breaking issues like what has been seen on the other side of Codemasters with F1 2015, as well as too many other games from other developers. 

The quality control comment was a tad rude, considering the size of the project and the fact that the majority of the game throughout early access was pristine for a product taking that path of development.  
Why should I be happy they're not game breaking issues? I wasn't complaining about codrivers in other languages. I am happy with Paul's voice and his route notes :) Funny that you mentioned EA. Once the game was out of it there seems to be more bugs than before. League bug is a game breaking one for many players and the devs weren't even aware of it. Priorities, I guess (and there is nothing wrong with that). Fortunately DR community is very strong and helpful ;). And don't get me wrong, I absolutely love what they've done with DR and how they used EA. I was playing it as ifvit was a full game!
I guess with more content being added around a hectic time, as it was for them, would inevitably bring bugs with it. I have full confidence in the crew to fix the niggling issues when the console version is released, because I'm assuming we'll get a mega patch on PC to coincide with the console release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe it's a stupid question, but... will be the new content/updates available for free as happened with the previous updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
austinb said:
Haha how can you forget such information?!
Because it was more than 3 months ago. :P
I always remembered the info about no more CM/RB cars, but as a PC user of DR, as opposed to either console or being a dev, getting more official liveries isn't critical. After all, that particular livery had been ported from DiRT 3 within a week of DiRT Rally launching.
Same way that no one really seems to be upset that the official Codemasters versions of the Computer Vision Metro and Esso Delta S4 aren't available, despite being shoved in our face by the official v1 trailer and on the Steam Workshop icons. :P 

Just to be clear, I only remembered this message AFTER Paul said it had been figured out. 
Call it the 'oh yeah' moment from which I suddenly started downplaying the Martini liveries.
You're also not getting the full info, since the only thing that's really been clarified to the point of it being almost certain is the Impreza.
Cars wise we probably aren't going to get any more that Burns and McRae drove but we do plan to add some more liveries that should represent McRae on the [redacted] and the [redacted] and maybe, just maybe on the Group A Impreza. You may have to wait till after Early Access ends for those to appear though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
About cheating... We are able to make Finland summer, create new skytextures, etc but how about fog reduction? Someone who makes amazing skytextures also have made 2 fog reduction-mods. So you can see further away. I contacted racedepartment if they could remove it, but they can't because Codemasters allow the creator to edit the fog. I was thinking that Codemasters should also "check" at login of the fog-file is not edited. 

Here to two links:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fog-in-monte-carlo.8497/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fog-in-sweden.8484/

As you can see it clearly gives an advantage in fog. So Codies should prevent this or ban people :open_mouth: and what's next? No rain and snow? :worried: 
Those mainly exist to help people having performance problems. Fog is often something that can be adjusted in games via sliders.
I'd honestly call any benefit to peoples times super minimal.
DR doesn't really have proper 'fog' where you really can't see far in front of you at all.
It's more like mist. There to be atmospheric rather than challenging.

Speaking of, @urgaffel the other day I noticed while on Monte in snow, at night, that the snow fall effects worked fine when driving in one direction, but when driving the other direction, such as after a hairpin, they would be flicking on/off every few seconds.
Like someone turning a light switch on and off every other second.
Dunno if that's something known or if anyone else has spotted it recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@BrySkye Yeah, i think that might be linked to a problem i just noticed with the rain impacts, they're now getting the crowd camera flash effects added to them :(  Most noticeable on the rally start where you watch your car pull up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
About cheating... We are able to make Finland summer, create new skytextures, etc but how about fog reduction? Someone who makes amazing skytextures also have made 2 fog reduction-mods. So you can see further away. I contacted racedepartment if they could remove it, but they can't because Codemasters allow the creator to edit the fog. I was thinking that Codemasters should also "check" at login of the fog-file is not edited. 

Here to two links:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fog-in-monte-carlo.8497/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fog-in-sweden.8484/

As you can see it clearly gives an advantage in fog. So Codies should prevent this or ban people :open_mouth: and what's next? No rain and snow? :worried: 
Those mainly exist to help people having performance problems. Fog is often something that can be adjusted in games via sliders.
I'd honestly call any benefit to peoples times super minimal.
DR doesn't really have proper 'fog' where you really can't see far in front of you at all.
It's more like mist. There to be atmospheric rather than challenging.

Speaking of, @urgaffel the other day I noticed while on Monte in snow, at night, that the snow fall effects worked fine when driving in one direction, but when driving the other direction, such as after a hairpin, they would be flicking on/off every few seconds.
Like someone turning a light switch on and off every other second.
Dunno if that's something known or if anyone else has spotted it recently.

100% agree there....

What about that beauty mod in RD were the cars have a much much more realistic damage model? That is BAN right away in daily stages/MP RX races and so on? even if it makes it much much harder to finish a stage compared to how codies created the damage model? off topic sorry, but Im very interested in that mod because of the higher level of realism but I want to compete online to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:

Just to be clear, I only remembered this message AFTER Paul said it had been figured out. 
Call it the 'oh yeah' moment from which I suddenly started downplaying the Martini liveries.
You're also not getting the full info, since the only thing that's really been clarified to the point of it being almost certain is the Impreza.
Cars wise we probably aren't going to get any more that Burns and McRae drove but we do plan to add some more liveries that should represent McRae on the [redacted] and the [redacted] and maybe, just maybe on the Group A Impreza. You may have to wait till after Early Access ends for those to appear though.

Very cool! so about those 2 other liveries... im guessing one will be the family sierra. The second either colin's Mk2 escort or Jimmy's MG6R4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
austinb said:
BrySkye said:

Just to be clear, I only remembered this message AFTER Paul said it had been figured out. 
Call it the 'oh yeah' moment from which I suddenly started downplaying the Martini liveries.
You're also not getting the full info, since the only thing that's really been clarified to the point of it being almost certain is the Impreza.
Cars wise we probably aren't going to get any more that Burns and McRae drove but we do plan to add some more liveries that should represent McRae on the [redacted] and the [redacted] and maybe, just maybe on the Group A Impreza. You may have to wait till after Early Access ends for those to appear though.

Very cool! so about those 2 other liveries... im guessing one will be the family sierra. The second either colin's Mk2 escort or Jimmy's MG6R4?
Or maybe Jimmy's Manta 400...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
astro83 said:
BrySkye said:
About cheating... We are able to make Finland summer, create new skytextures, etc but how about fog reduction? Someone who makes amazing skytextures also have made 2 fog reduction-mods. So you can see further away. I contacted racedepartment if they could remove it, but they can't because Codemasters allow the creator to edit the fog. I was thinking that Codemasters should also "check" at login of the fog-file is not edited. 

Here to two links:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fog-in-monte-carlo.8497/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fog-in-sweden.8484/

As you can see it clearly gives an advantage in fog. So Codies should prevent this or ban people :open_mouth: and what's next? No rain and snow? :worried: 
Those mainly exist to help people having performance problems. Fog is often something that can be adjusted in games via sliders.
I'd honestly call any benefit to peoples times super minimal.
DR doesn't really have proper 'fog' where you really can't see far in front of you at all.
It's more like mist. There to be atmospheric rather than challenging.

Speaking of, @urgaffel the other day I noticed while on Monte in snow, at night, that the snow fall effects worked fine when driving in one direction, but when driving the other direction, such as after a hairpin, they would be flicking on/off every few seconds.
Like someone turning a light switch on and off every other second.
Dunno if that's something known or if anyone else has spotted it recently.

100% agree there....

What about that beauty mod in RD were the cars have a much much more realistic damage model? That is BAN right away in daily stages/MP RX races and so on? even if it makes it much much harder to finish a stage compared to how codies created the damage model? off topic sorry, but Im very interested in that mod because of the higher level of realism but I want to compete online to.
I understand that you can't take part in online at all with that modded.  The game does monitor some files and stop online if they're modded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
astro83 said:
BrySkye said:
About cheating... We are able to make Finland summer, create new skytextures, etc but how about fog reduction? Someone who makes amazing skytextures also have made 2 fog reduction-mods. So you can see further away. I contacted racedepartment if they could remove it, but they can't because Codemasters allow the creator to edit the fog. I was thinking that Codemasters should also "check" at login of the fog-file is not edited. 

Here to two links:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fog-in-monte-carlo.8497/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fog-in-sweden.8484/

As you can see it clearly gives an advantage in fog. So Codies should prevent this or ban people :open_mouth: and what's next? No rain and snow? :worried: 
Those mainly exist to help people having performance problems. Fog is often something that can be adjusted in games via sliders.
I'd honestly call any benefit to peoples times super minimal.
DR doesn't really have proper 'fog' where you really can't see far in front of you at all.
It's more like mist. There to be atmospheric rather than challenging.

Speaking of, @urgaffel the other day I noticed while on Monte in snow, at night, that the snow fall effects worked fine when driving in one direction, but when driving the other direction, such as after a hairpin, they would be flicking on/off every few seconds.
Like someone turning a light switch on and off every other second.
Dunno if that's something known or if anyone else has spotted it recently.

100% agree there....

What about that beauty mod in RD were the cars have a much much more realistic damage model? That is BAN right away in daily stages/MP RX races and so on? even if it makes it much much harder to finish a stage compared to how codies created the damage model? off topic sorry, but Im very interested in that mod because of the higher level of realism but I want to compete online to.
I understand that you can't take part in online at all with that modded.  The game does monitor some files and stop online if they're modded.
Okey thanks! But anyway, with this mod, DR is a real sim, this is how codies should have done the damage model from the start. Just awesome. But then I have to switch for online play then. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuanDíaz said:
austinb said:
Very cool! so about those 2 other liveries... im guessing one will be the family sierra. The second either colin's Mk2 escort or Jimmy's MG6R4?
Or maybe Jimmy's Manta 400...
That would be even better, absolutely love the manta. Completely slipped my mind though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think that this camera needs to be implemented in DiRT Rally
https://www.twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/686679169892245504?s=09
BTW, take a look at any hairpin that Camilli do are perfect, masterclass
The result of the humandrone: https://youtu.be/SOVHiGsR4q8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wow, surprisingly steady considering the footage we saw of it being taken, who do i say i told you so, to? :tongue: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That guy running with the camera is hilarious!

Any official word on what the Tuesday surprise is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×