DiRTy Gossip

JuanDíaz said:
And.. will be the next content available for free?
I'm fairly certain it will be. They mentioned the new stuff will come in an update, not a DLC. You don't pay for updates to the game after all. If there will be any DLCs, probably after console release. Maybe some new locations will be possible then.

JuanDíaz said:
And.. will be the next content available for free?
I'm fairly certain it will be. They mentioned the new stuff will come in an update, not a DLC. You don't pay for updates to the game after all. If there will be any DLCs, probably after console release. Maybe some new locations will be possible then.
Yeah, I would guess that any addition content that is set to appear on the console release will be provided free to PC gamers. Makes sense for both versions to be "equal" at release, doesn't it? 

I would think that any further content from that point onwards will be DLC: though perhaps the console sales will fund some free extras further down the line!  ;)

I guess the same as you guys, although to be honest it wouldn't bother me if they did charge us a little for the content.

If so, maybe that's why the console versions have special 'legendary' (?) editions.

tbtstt said: 

I would think that any further content from that point onwards will be DLC: though perhaps the console sales will fund some free extras further down the line!  ;)
I expect the console sales will fund some salaries, some dividends and the development of DR2. Or DiRt Totally Radical Offroad Experience, if the board have their way.

austinb said:
People keep saying the renaults are likely to be added, but didnt we (ages ago) have as good as confirmation that they were planning/hoping to add the Audi Sport Quattro S1 at some point?
Yes, and we got that car with the Pikes Peak release :p 

It's the Audi Quattro E2 that has a chance of still appearing in the game. At least that was basically the answer to my question of "Is there any hope of Quattro E2 ever appearing in the game or we should abandon that boat?".

Why are you speaking to me like im an idiot. Do you honestly think I dont know what cars came with the pikes peak update? Thats not the car I was refering to and that has been made clear already before your comment.
Its not even like the 22b situation where its clearly the wrong name, theres no clear cut official name of the quattro we're talking about. Yes its generally know as the E2 but its still an S1. We've been through this loads already.

As ive already said i wrote a quick comment and missed out the suffix. 
So yes I was talking about the S1 E2. Thats the car I believe we were told may make it to the game.

tbtstt said: 

I expect the console sales will fund some salaries, some dividends and the development of DR2. Or DiRt Totally Radical Offroad Experience, if the board have their way.
Ah, has that title been revised? Last I heard the board were still pushing DiRT Awesome Radical Sideways Experience? 

You forgot the y on DiRTy lol.                              

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said: 

Ah, has that title been revised? Last I heard the board were still pushing DiRT Awesome Radical Sideways Experience? 

I can see the quality of this thread degrading very quickly!

austinb said:
austinb said:
People keep saying the renaults are likely to be added, but didnt we (ages ago) have as good as confirmation that they were planning/hoping to add the Audi Sport Quattro S1 at some point?

It's the Audi Quattro E2 that has a chance of still appearing in the game. At least that was basically the answer to my question of "Is there any hope of Quattro E2 ever appearing in the game or we should abandon that boat?".

Its not even like the 22b situation where its clearly the wrong name, theres no clear cut official name of the quattro we're talking about. Yes its generally know as the E2 but its still an S1. We've been through this loads already.
Not trying to start an argument over something minor (though that is the DiRTy Gossip way), but it is just E2...

http://www.ableitet.no/twentyS1/s1vse2.htm

...you are dead right though: the rally E2 and Pikes Peak E2 are of course two different cars!

Nice write up, but I still have a question about that will PM you to avoid wandering off topic.

@KickUp 

ok, it has stated up that renault will be in.....    what about clio williams?????  :)

So... renaults and pikes peak gravel sounds likely. Maybe Barcelona RX.

Cars did have the sound of "more than 2" though, so I'm going to irrationally keep my hopes up for a SAAB 96.

Another Mitsubishi would be nice, but I would only accept the 2005 model with the storage [EDIT: STRANGE] wing setup.  I know newer ones had some legendary drivers but I like to see different cars that are not normally in rally games, like the Saab but both might be a pipe dream 

Renaults and the super secret cars I guess, coupled with gravel PP and possibly Barcelona RX?

austinb said:
austinb said:

Why are you speaking to me like im an idiot.
Notice the emoticon in my post? That points it's a joke, sarcasm etc.

Seriously, people these days, no sense of humour.

I haven't seen Paul do to much teasing about a gravel PP so this is either not going to happen or just a big surprise.  Maybe thats the mostly part of 'mostly cars'

I would imagine that the 'special edition' packs will be detailed next week, and honestly, as it's the console release and they need/want big news to go with a game that's already released, it think we'll get most of the beans spilled this next week.

@bogani correctly mentioned the super secret car(s) that were mentioned last year by Paul, only briefly, but it sounded like something pretty new, and IIRC, it was not the Renaults we're "missing" since the Germany update.

I remember a rumor a while back about the codies taking pictures of the mitsubishi r5. Maybe that will make an appearance?

gfRally said:
I haven't seen Paul do to much teasing about a gravel PP so this is either not going to happen or just a big surprise.  Maybe thats the mostly part of 'mostly cars'
After you've pretty much confirmed it, what else is there to tease and how would it be a surprise?

austinb said:
Nice write up, but I still have a question about that will PM you to avoid wandering off topic.
Just post it in the thread, it wouldn't be the DiRTy Gossip thread without a bit of off topic... :smiley: 

gfRally said:
austinb said:
oh boy,  here we go again... E2
22B