DiRTy Gossip

So a bit reaching here, but.  Paul has mentioned in the past that having a an alternative to get into WRX that is available to starters is something they'd like.  Basically no one can start the game in WRX.

His #TBT post is a generic picture of a class, rather than a car, so i'm wondering if they somehow managed to get a couple of Super 1600 cars for the the console release.

http://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/692799087712731136

Somewhat specific in mentioning 2011, although i guess that's a requirement for TBT posts.

So a bit reaching here, but.  Paul has mentioned in the past that having a an alternative to get into WRX that is available to starters is something they'd like.  Basically no one can start the game in WRX.

His #TBT post is a generic picture of a class, rather than a car, so i'm wondering if they somehow managed to get a couple of Super 1600 cars for the the console release.

Somewhat specific in mentioning 2011, although i guess that's a requirement for TBT posts.
The First one isnt a Skoda?

The First one isnt a Skoda?
First car looks like Clemens Meyer Skoda Fabia. Think the second car is Stanislav Susta (Skoda Fabia). Third car is Mattias Thorjesson (Opel Corsa). Really not sure on the last one. Davy Van Den Branden, Citroen C2?

Anyone notice that the 6R4 Compuvision livery features in the Steam Workshop tiles?

KevM said:
Anyone notice that the 6R4 Compuvision livery features in the Steam Workshop tiles?
Yes, this was pointed out when the 1.0 release trailer came out as well (6R4 in the trailer wore it)

I noticed it in the trailer at the time, but thought it was possibly a community mod vid or the likes.  I really like that livery, more than Rothmans!

enamel said:
Darhour said:
Let's talk about the plants that existed during the ice age and their impacts on rally back then. 
Pre-historic plants have had a huge impact on the sport. Without them there would be no rally, or it would look vastly different than it does today. This is due to pre-historic plants are now oil that is refined to power rally cars.

I hear the next dirt title will have an advanced oil drilling and refinery simulation.

All right, you just killed me with that post :lol: 

KevM said:
Mhmm. Have a look at the Delta S4's Steam Workshop tile as well.

Hmm, i don't recognise that livery, @BrySkye - but it's clearly not currently available in game :)
I... coulda sworn you and I had exchanged comments about it before at some point, unless a joke is going completely over my head.

Anyway, it's the Esso/Exxon livery, which is possibly the second most recognised Delta S4 livery, after Martini.

It was actually in DiRT 3 as that games Authentic (#1) livery for the S4, though with the usual stripping down of sponsors, etc.

I don't recall this, but i know we talked of the 6R4's livery.  Was it decided that only these two had changed in the Workshop?  And i think only the 6R4 was the 'odd one' in the 1.0 trailer?

Computer Vision 6R4 was the only one in the trailer.
I went through every single one of the Steam Workshop thumbnails after noticing the Esso S4 was also sneaked (or leaked) in them.
Turned out the 6R4 and S4 are the only two that have thumbnails of liveries not in the game (yet).

KevM said:
I noticed it in the trailer at the time, but thought it was possibly a community mod vid or the likes.  I really like that livery, more than Rothmans!
Best livery for the 6R4 in my personal opinion! 

Forgive the double post (especially as this is in no way DiRTy Gossip) but, based on all the comments, I have put all the answers to the S1/E2 and 22B/WRC debate in one place!  

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/39555/the-confusing-car-name-thread-s1-e2-22b-wrc-etc

BrySkye said:
If we're going to impose restrictions that tight on the gossip thread, including any discussion related to the current and future development of the game (which heaven knows has revealed lots of info over the course of time) then I'm pretty much out of here anyway.
Personally, I would suggest that a draught is not the best time to decide you only want to drink the purest water thawed from 10,000 year old ice caps.

It's the gossip thread, it is meant to be the escape zone from in depth, lengthy, technical, factual discussions about game egines, GPU's, CPU's and all that stuff that appears on the forum in every other thread. It's been that way since DiRT2, since before I was a mod, @justbiglee was Community Manager and before this particular forum existed. .I'm not saying that you stuff you post isn't interesting, useful or relevent, because it is, it's just not gossip.
tbtstt said:
Forgive the double post (especially as this is in no way DiRTy Gossip) but, based on all the comments, I have put all the answers to the S1/E2 and 22B/WRC debate in one place!  

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/39555/the-confusing-car-name-thread-s1-e2-22b-wrc-etc
You didn't have to. When I wrote the original post the Subuaru/ Audi comment originally said  "Subaraudi s1 e22b - keep that here, that definitiely belongs here', then someone else made the Audi thread so I edited the post and added the link.

tbtstt said:

You didn't have to. When I wrote the original post the Subuaru/ Audi comment originally said  "Subaraudi s1 e22b - keep that here, that definitiely belongs here', then someone else made the Audi thread so I edited the post and added the link.
I was going to post the 22B stuff in the other Audi thread but, as that is now already on page 3, I thought the tidiest way was a new thread where all the answers are in the first few posts! :smile: 

So there's a video featuring the Audi S1 (no, not that one, this one is definitely an S1) very prominently in the Road Book..........

SkiddyMcCrash said:
 .I'm not saying that you stuff you post isn't interesting, useful or relevent, because it is, it's just not gossip.
The majority of this whole thread isn't gossip. It's been the big melting pot of all things.
I think restricting it to just that not only severely limits what can be said, but even kind of hurts the spirit of the thread, even more so when we're reaching the point where it's almost over until real hints of DiRT Rally 2 might start appearing in a year or maybe two.
Sounds overly dramatic, but could anyone really deny it?
But hey, you're the mod. 
I'm not going to make new threads. In fact, I've never made a single thread here, ever. I'll just post less. :)

To be fair i think its likely we will be gossiping about dlc before dirt 2 but i get your point there

According to @KickUp instagram where he post a lot of cars of DR before their appearance in DiRT he posted the S1600, Fiesta R5 EVO, the 2 Renaults, a Peugeot and in his Barcelona Trip a Fiesta S1600 in a trailer. So to sum up, i expect that these cars could be the ones:
-Fiesta S1600
-Fabia S1600 
-Fiesta R5 EVO
-Fabia R5
-Missing Renaults
Maybe more S1600 but i dont think so, i choosed the fabia because it was leading in the pic and the Fiesta because they could have picked Up some data in Barcelona.

I seem to recall Paul putting out a call for anyone with one of these bad boys early last year...

https://youtu.be/zFVQs1INLi8

Can't find the tweet now.

BrySkye said:

I think restricting it to just that not only severely limits what can be said, but even kind of hurts the spirit of the thread, even more so when we're reaching the point where it's almost over until real hints of DiRT Rally 2 might start appearing in a year or maybe two.
Sounds overly dramatic, but could anyone really deny it?
The part of my post you didn't quote is, as far as I can remember, the description in the original post in the original thread.

Underneath my post there are quite a few like/agrees. If you don't know what you're looking at, it just looks like a few people agree with me. But if you do, the list is interesting.

Over half of them are original DiRTy Gossippers, 1 of them created the threads.

BrySkye said:

But hey, you're the mod.

I'm more than that mate, I'm an original DiRTy Gossipper.

The great irony being that the meta discussion about what belongs in this thread does not fit the stated criteria and thus does not belong in this thread. :smiley: