DiRTy Gossip

I agree with RD above, it's a 'spoiler alert'' pic of PP with gravel, it's evidently updated, but is a portion of the current PP that is gravel already.  @urgaffel has already said he makes updates/passes etc on things a lot.

I did, for a while. I do like to polish things for as long as possible and that goes for pretty much everyone but there comes a time when you have to let things go. Don't read too much into it :) Also, I just update vfx since that's my area. I can't tell you what the other teams might be updating!

Not so long ago, we were told the 208PP deal had fell through and wasn't happening, leaving us with a all-tarmac PP and no cars for it.
That has apparently changed.
Things can change is the lesson here.

Underkex said:
I think more RX circuits is a big need. It's a GREAT idea different categories of RX. A monobrand Mini for beginners is sooo nice. Then the Corsa/207/Clio. But remember we have only 3 RX circuits. 
In my opinion I am happy with this car list for a loooong time. But RX circuits and more rally stages must be the focus now.
I 100% agree but now is a time for celebration and rejoice! anything else can wait till tomorrow.

EDIT: @KickUp did the band have permission to upload this content so early?

Azoresst said:
I'm crying so much at the moment because the 207 being a RX car :cry: 
Yeah, all the wished ones for rally are being RX cars..

A little bit dissapointed that it wasnt the 207 s2000 but the mini Rx looks badass. It gives off a folkrace vibe to me.  And yeah we need more circuits. Even a generic fantasy RX track one would be fine at this point

I do think putting the 207 and similar in rally cross was a good move for the game's sake though, theres plenty of rally classes, but the rally cross part of the game was very limited, so having a grassroots class and a national level class (kinda) before getting the wrx cars makes the rally cross content much more authentic (and easier to learn)

austinb said:
I do think putting the 207 and similar in rally cross was a good move for the game's sake though, theres plenty of rally classes, but the rally cross part of the game was very limited, so having a grassroots class and a national level class (kinda) before getting the wrx cars makes the rally cross content much more authentic (and easier to learn)

You're right about that.

I just really like the 207 s2000 :lol: 

Darhour said:
Azoresst said:
I'm crying so much at the moment because the 207 being a RX car :cry: 
Yeah, all the wished ones for rally are being RX cars..
I think that's great to have a "low" price RX cars, but I had so much fun with the 207 S2000 back in DiRT/DiRT 3 and when I heard about the possibility of having this car in DR I was really hoping to be true and be the S2000. Apparently it's only the RX, I will give it a try, but I would prefer to have the rally version (S2000) of it!

I'm very happy about the new RX cars, means I'll be able to start my rallycross career sooner when it comes to Xbox! Wonder how much they will be? They could be similar to rally 60's, giving you an alternative place to start the career

http://i.imgur.com/MKPqL1C.png

I can't remember this PP's mixed section. Anyone?
I think you're right, that looks like maybe an earlier section?

So, those Mini's, certainly look like an entry level option for Rallycross, it *would* be a shame if we "only" got the two new Rally Renaults, but can't complain really :)  Nice full set of Colin liveries too :)

Yes, that pic from @SergeyTokarev confirms Fully Gravel PP. Its from lower section. 

Nice find!  The 80's SUV's might be another hint.  :)

griev0r said:

Nice find!  The 80's SUV's might be another hint.  :)
That it's typically hicks, yes, most likely :)

It's all coming together now. I can feel it. I will certainly enjoy S1600 rallycross and gravel PP.

Pretty cool that they went as far as changing the spectator cars for the all gravel PP, it's that kind of attention to detail that makes me smile.  It all adds to the subliminal atmosphere that sets the tone for the entire event.

It will make a nice contrast to the all asphalt with 208.  

Will the 208 be in a class all its own, or will there be competition?  

gfRally said:
Pretty cool that they went as far as changing the spectator cars for the all gravel PP, it's that kind of attention to detail that makes me smile.  It all adds to the subliminal atmosphere that sets the tone for the entire event.

Nothing even comes close to the 208's time. Maybe the 2014 Norma could beat it in the hands of some aliens, but the 208 has the Norma beat by 47 seconds. I suspect it will be alone.

DeoraTwo said:
gfRally said:

Nothing even comes close to the 208's time. Maybe the 2014 Norma could beat it in the hands of some aliens, but the 208 has the Norma beat by 47 seconds. I suspect it will be alone.
That alone doesn't really matter in the game.
I mean, just look at what's in Group B. The Peugeot 205 E2 is pretty much in a league of it's own, especially compared to the Quattro.
Not saying there will be more. To be quite honest, and as much as I'd like to see at least one Suzuki make it since they pretty much defined the mixed surface era, I doubt there will be any more cars over what we've seen now, unless something very special happens.
But performance difference alone probably wouldn't be a deciding factor.

Can't believe we're getting more RX cars. Pretty disappointed with this, I don't even go near the RX in game anymore and haven't for months (apart from dailies) it's a bit boring to be honest with just the 3 tracks and these new cars won't make me go near it either. 

Can't believe we're getting more RX cars. Pretty disappointed with this, I don't even go near the RX in game anymore and haven't for months (apart from dailies) it's a bit boring to be honest with just the 3 tracks and these new cars won't make me go near it either. 
I'm trying hard not to be 'that guy', but yeah, I agree with you on that one. Guess it's to push the multiplayer aspect for consoles a bit more.

Guessing that the Mini RX is the one referred to in the Legend Edition blurb maybe?

Great to see the Renaults and, although it makes little difference for PC users, congrats on getting the definitely-not-555 livery for the Impreza.

It's a shame the PVP of RX is so basic. There is so much potential but with only 3 circuits and only a pick-up mode it feels kinda crippled. 

Mini RX looks cool, kinda wish there were some RWD cars as well though :)

Great to see the Renaults and, although it makes little difference for PC users, congrats on getting the definitely-not-555 livery for the Impreza.
These are the good things about that video. As well as the computer vision livery 6R4, McRae Mk2 and Ford Motorsport Sierra and of course the 208 PP. That should be a challenge to drive fast.