DiRTy Gossip

Small thing, but just noticed the wager events are properly hidden on the website now :-D

Dytut said:
Small thing, but just noticed the wager events are properly hidden on the website now :-D
Glad that's finally working! \o/

Rygar86 said:
Hatward said:
Literally working on it right now. :) Once I'm done with this spreadsheet it'll go to a very smart man on our PC Compliance team who will hook it up to your Steam Clients.
   @Hatward You are a scholar and a gentleman and I thank you.
He also commands armies of giant killer bees, to exact vengeance upon hackers by having them ambush the offenders by crawling into their pillowcases.

Rygar86 said:
Hatward said:
Literally working on it right now. :) Once I'm done with this spreadsheet it'll go to a very smart man on our PC Compliance team who will hook it up to your Steam Clients.
He also commands armies of giant killer bees, to exact vengeance upon hackers by having them ambush the offenders by crawling into their pillowcases.
Clearly a man of many talents.....wish I had me some killer bees.

Hatward said:
Rygar86 said:
Hatward said:

Typical Oprah, unleashing plagues for her own gratification and amusment. At least @Hatward only releases the bees for the noblest of reasons. 

Rygar86 said:

Hatward said:
Rygar86 said:
Hatward said:

Typical Oprah, unleashing plagues for her own gratification and amusment. At least @Hatward only releases the bees for the noblest of reasons. 
Well, you say that... :s

urgaffel said:
Rygar86 said:

Hatward said:
Rygar86 said:
Hatward said:

Well, you say that... :s
Don't make me come in there and get you stung!

chukonu said:
Obviously I am not a game developer but I never understood why keeping cheats out of games is so hard. Wouldn't you just, during the connection with the server, check the integrity of the relevant files with a hash? How could they circumvent that?
Since I had the unfortunate displeasure of having to deal with a swarm of cheaters in another game, I do know that there's such a thing known as "Cheat Engine" and it basically changes the data in the RAM, therefore a hash check won't do anything as the game files are never changed. Hacks do alter the game files usually, but cheats aka trainers... most of the time don't, which is the biggest issue.
Much like the Game Genie which Codemasters themselves invented and sold. ;)
That little irony should never be lost on any of us here. If it wasn't for the Game Genie, Codemasters might not have been able to grow into the company it is today. There was a lot of money in that during the 8 and 16-bit console days. Many foundations laid.

Nothing wrong with these tools themselves and they can be amazing fun in a single player experience.
Blame the people that exploit them for no purpose beyond intentionally ruining other peoples experiences in multiplayer.
Not the tools.

EDIT: Because I just always tease him and Jamie all the time.

https://twitter.com/BrySkyeGaming/status/695283686909046784

Seriously though, 25 years ago, @Hatward 's job at Codies might well have been creating Game Genie codes.

BrySkye said:
chukonu said:
Obviously I am not a game developer but I never understood why keeping cheats out of games is so hard. Wouldn't you just, during the connection with the server, check the integrity of the relevant files with a hash? How could they circumvent that?
Since I had the unfortunate displeasure of having to deal with a swarm of cheaters in another game, I do know that there's such a thing known as "Cheat Engine" and it basically changes the data in the RAM, therefore a hash check won't do anything as the game files are never changed. Hacks do alter the game files usually, but cheats aka trainers... most of the time don't, which is the biggest issue.
That little irony should never be lost on any of us here. If it wasn't for the Game Genie, Codemasters might not have been able to grow into the company it is today. There was a lot of money in that during the 8 and 16-bit console days. Many foundations laid.

Nothing wrong with these tools themselves and they can be amazing fun in a single player experience.
Blame the people that exploit them for no purpose beyond intentionally ruining other peoples experiences in multiplayer.
Not the tools.

Seriously though, 25 years ago, @Hatward 's job at Codies might well have been creating Game Genie codes.
Haha i have one of these too. 
Also never should anyone underestimate, how many electronic music artists or musicians of any genre in certain generation have started their journey with or used at somepoint Codemasters Music 2000. I still have it (with my old Ps one and memory card with some of my first songs i ever made).  Happy times :smiley: 

TuliRally said:
BrySkye said:
chukonu said:

Not the tools.

Haha i have one of these too. 
Also never should anyone underestimate, how many electronic music artists or musicians of any genre in certain generation have started their journey with or used at somepoint Codemasters Music 2000. I still have it (with my old Ps one and memory card with some of my first songs i ever made).  Happy times :smiley: 
ohhhh man: music 2000....  one of the best games of that era. ^_^

Not gossip, off topic, etc... but Im totally gutted and shocked to hear

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/695533440100335616

As bad as life can be, pressure, sickness, depression.  You can always find help and support from family and others.  "Be brave" and take a positive step.  If you are in a deep pit, look up, there is always light, reach for it, grab hold of it.  Never look down in self pity and disgust.... Suicide is not the solution.

Sorry if this is inappropriate post here, I just feel really bad

gfRally said:
Not gossip, off topic, etc... but Im totally gutted and shocked to hear

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/695533440100335616

As bad as life can be, pressure, sickness, depression.  You can always find help and support from family and others.  "Be brave" and take a positive step.  If you are in a deep pit, look up, there is always light, reach for it, grab hold of it.  Never look down in self pity and disgust.... Suicide is not the solution.

Sorry if this is inappropriate post here, I just feel really bad
Agree, well said..

This was not the solution, and it never is... Really sad.

PaloSamo said:
As for the Music 2000 - I still have a tape somewhere with my music tracks recorded :)
A tape? Gosh, you guys are old!

gfRally said:
Well said gfRally.
I wonder what happened for him to make such a decision.

chukonu said:
I suspect a lifetime of repeated TBIs (concussions) had a role in his depression. I think the links between brain injury and mental illness will become stronger as more research is done.

enamel said:
chukonu said:
I suspect a lifetime of repeated TBIs (concussions) had a role in his depression. I think the links between brain injury and mental illness will become stronger as more research is done.
But it'll never be professionally admitted within the sporting bodies, because it'll put certain areas of certain sports at financial risk. NFL is the biggest example, and there's actually a movie out right now about the dangers of concussion. 

Football in Europe has taken a big step forwards though, especially in the Premier League. If a player goes down with a head injury then the game is instantly stopped, and the player is treated and more often than not taken off the pitch to reduce the risk of elevated concussion, which could obviously cause long term effects. 

I see the Steam leaderboards are coming along nicely.  RX & Sweet Lamb are live.

Yep, now has a Leaderboard tab

& something about 10 characters

KevM said:
I see the Steam leaderboards are coming alone nicely.  RX & Sweet Lamb are live.
And cheaters already on their job, at least on the RX part.

yes top 3-5 on many on sweet lamb are cheaters. all top ten people should be scanned on all tracks.if you legit nothing to worry about.

Depression may never be a motive to commit suicide and to feel devalued and worthless. Take a look inside your body, how meticulously your very naturally weak body works to make you energetic and mindblowingly functional. We are extremely weak to easily devalue and condescend ourselves for very nonsensical reasons. In life, we do not always get what we need because we are always in need and wanting our wishes to be fulfilled. These needs might be the wrong ones that we are after rather than other needs that are waiting for us if we understand the meaning of life and all secrets behind it and first we understood how further strong we can ever be.

RIP.