DiRTy Gossip

retuning in topic.....

the more i play .the more i like rx.wasn't my cup of tea at startline but now i enjoy having a break from rally with rx
   any hope for an additional   location??? :D

teknoid85 said:
retuning in topic.....

the more i play .the more i like rx.wasn't my cup of tea at startline but now i enjoy having a break from rally with rx
Lovely. Same here especially enjoying the drive with the 208.

Darhour said:
teknoid85 said:
retuning in topic.....

Too boring for me. I fell in love with the snappy and tail-happy DS3 :) 

PaloSamo said:
Darhour said:
teknoid85 said:
retuning in topic.....

Too boring for me. I fell in love with the snappy and tail-happy DS3 :) 
The DS3 is quite a car but will start to get used to it to see the difference. 

So has there been any indication of what day the Dirt Show will be this week?

Also, how is the time normaly announced again, do they post it on this forum?

Not gossip, but I finally got my sim rig finished after 2 months!  Haven't played DR with a wheel since before R4 cars where released.  

Just want ant to comment how great this sim has shaped up to be, the snow feels just right.

gfRally said:
Not gossip, but I finally got my sim rig finished after 2 months!  Haven't played DR with a wheel since before R4 cars where released.  

Just want ant to comment how great this sim has shaped up to be, the snow feels just right.
Oh, so I take that means you'll be working on that chase camera mod?

In any case, it's good to know another soul can properly enjoy DR :D 

gfRally said:

Oh, so I take that means you'll be working on that chase camera mod?

In any case, it's good to know another soul can properly enjoy DR :D 

I actually think another guy has done what I was trying to accomplish, mostly.  Look on racedepartment for no inside camera mod, I'll post a link when I get home later.

EDIT:  here is link (replay can mod). http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/replay-cam-mod-no-onboards.8565/updates

Just looked back at my first pic, YIKES! I started my sim rig project way back in October 8th, ouch

so, gamespot put up some xbox one gameplay of Dirt, is it me or are they driving the C4 with the official livery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=091wWm3wJS0

edit: Haven't played Dirt in a few months, so sorry if this livery is already in game

gfRally said:
EDIT:  here is link (replay can mod). http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/replay-cam-mod-no-onboards.8565/updates
Yeah, I've seen that. I'm looking for making the chase camera follow the cars more strictly (as in start showing side only when the car is actually going into a slide), not really about making replay camera have another angles. Well, will have to look into this myself it seems.

Anyway, sorry for off-topic.

so, gamespot put up some xbox one gameplay of Dirt, is it me or are they driving the C4 with the official livery?

edit: Haven't played Dirt in a few months, so sorry if this livery is already in game
This one is in the game already :] 
People have just added a few minor details to the sponsors to make it more like Richard's car. 

EDIT** misread the question (too preoccupied by video front cover) 

The C4 in full Redbull (most of us have it too though) :P  

KevM said:
The C4 in full Redbull (most of us have it too though) :P  

Yeah but in the game currently it's only plain red or plain white isn't it? And us console users unfortunately don't have the mods that you do, so if this is what it is then that is pretty good for us!

Oh its all good news!  I agree!  I wonder if they'll pull off a few of the legendary liveries, like the Helix i20, Abu Dhabi 07 Focus or Heat for Hire Manta or the likes....

I don't mind not having official liveries if the made up ones are good, however the C4's were awful (not Codemasters fault I know). I don't really know why Citroen and Hyundai wouldn't want to show their cars off how they are supposed to look. More casual gamers probably wouldn't recognize the I20 without its blue and red livery

I20 without its blue and red livery
It's more like light blue - orange combo (compare this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors with this: http://cdn.boldride.com/hyundai/2015/hyundai-i20-wrc.2000x1333.Feb-20-2015_06.35.41.243499.jpg)

Just my pedantic approach to details like this, don't bother with me :p 

I see a blue and red Hyundai :D 

KevM said:
I see a blue and red Hyundai :D

The poster of Neuville launching over a crest in Italy next to my bed looks blue and red to me!

The i20 is definitely Blue and Luminous Orange. 

As for the C4 in the XB1 gameplay vid, there's definitely a red bull logo on the bonnet but the rest of the bonnet looks Silver and not blue like the official ones were. 

Maybe Just the Polo, maybe...

I don't really know why Citroen and Hyundai wouldn't want to show their cars off how they are supposed to look.

While they have the final say of yes/no, neither Citroen or Hyundai own the rights to provide the entire liveries on their own.
For example, you need to have Martini's individual go-ahead and license to use the Martini Stripes, even if Lancia/Fiat and Ford are a-ok with the old official liveries being used.
Also depends how much the manufacturer is bothered about potentially upsetting the FIA for current/very recent liveries.
Hyundai might care about that more than VW.

Redbull probably love it!