DiRTy Gossip

KevM said:
Redbull probably love it!                                                      
I'm sure they especially like how, despite having the official FIA WRX license with it's connection to Monster Energy, there are still more Red Bull liveried cars in the game than Monster ones.
And that disparity is only increasing with the update.

BrySkye said:
KevM said:
Redbull probably love it!                                                      
I'm sure they especially like how, despite having the official FIA WRX license with it's connection to Monster Energy, there are still more Red Bull liveried cars in the game than Monster ones.
And that disparity is only increasing with the update.
And still no Audi S1 RX... ehh...

gfRally said:

I actually think another guy has done what I was trying to accomplish, mostly.  Look on racedepartment for no inside camera mod, I'll post a link when I get home later.

EDIT:  here is link (replay can mod). http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/replay-cam-mod-no-onboards.8565/updates

Ive watched the demo videos and it looks awesome without the onboards and clearly everybody wants this. But I thought I heard Codies say that it is too hard to do because of the engines limitations (something Ive heard used many times), when some guy has managed to do it all on his own, I dont quite understand this.

I know the mod is not properly supported and the side effect is that it limits other things in the game. But if one unqualified guy can mock something up in his spare time, couldnt a team of talented programers implement this fully into the game?

You'll notice it doesn't add any cameras to the replay, it basically means you've got little/no coverage of a lot of areas.  

AFAIK, for it to be this way in the official game, they need to re-do the stages for the cameras etc, i don't know if there is a technical limit to the number or if it's just a huge workload issue.

You'll notice it doesn't add any cameras to the replay, it basically means you've got little/no coverage of a lot of areas.  

AFAIK, for it to be this way in the official game, they need to re-do the stages for the cameras etc, i don't know if there is a technical limit to the number or if it's just a huge workload issue.
I know what you mean, there are big gaps but even if there was too much effort required to add some more cameras, I still would prefer this over the current one and it would be great if they added it as an option. It just looks so much better.

As for the gaps, they give a sensation of being a spectator on a real life rally when you await another car only hearing its sound in the distance :) 

PaloSamo said:
As for the gaps, they give a sensation of being a spectator on a real life rally when you await another car only hearing its sound in the distance :) 
I agree, the gaps are not really a bad thing and just as you said ad a sense of authenticity to the footage. I love hearing the car approaching too.

Rygar86 said:
PaloSamo said:
I agree, the gaps are not really a bad thing and just as you said ad a sense of authenticity to the footage. I love hearing the car approaching too.
How about that for a realistic hardcore noscope camera mod: one stage-side camera only, for the entire replay. Three minutes of silence, then vvvvvvVVRRRROOOMMMMmmmmmm, then three more minutes of silence until the replay is over.

dwkGravey said:
Rygar86 said:
PaloSamo said:
How about that for a realistic hardcore noscope camera mod: one stage-side camera only, for the entire replay. Three minutes of silence, then vvvvvvVVRRRROOOMMMMmmmmmm, then three more minutes of silence until the replay is over.
There is never silence on rally stages ;)

a free cam as i have said many times i would actually pay for. or just let me use the dev build with no clip :p

I think there's a Dirt Show today....  

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/696990300233981953

KevM said:
I think there's a Dirt Show today....  Let me check

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/696990300233981953
Awesome news!

Big question, and don't expect an answer: will the next title be released into EA?  Or was this just an one off experiment?

I'm gonna rig the tele in the gym to show the twitch stream from my phone, so everybody can enjoy it.
I'm going to take a well needed coursework break to watch.

Just kidding, I always take breaks, the last one lasted 7 days

Dude! slow down... You don't wanna burn out!

Evilsmurf said:

Dude! slow down... You don't wanna burn out!
My degree says yes, gin and jaeger says no

I'm gonna rig the tele in the gym to show the twitch stream from my phone, so everybody can enjoy it.

@RallyDriven's estimated graduation date has now slipped to mid-2021. The console release of DR is expected to push it back even further. 

Is it just me, or does that Peugeot look very "drifty" in terms of its handling? On the actual onboard it looks planted like a GT3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg

Is it just me, or does that Peugeot look very "drifty" in terms of its handling? On the actual onboard it looks planted like a GT3.
Setup and driver matters a lot. On top of that, it's "Work in Progress". Just because there isn't that text slapped on it, doesn't mean everything is finished.

I like the changes done to the Monte Carlo though. It's going to be more tarmac and less snow now, or rather it's gonna be all about finding the tarmac grip in those snowy sections. Really like those small things that force you to re-learn the stages in some way.