DiRTy Gossip

BrySkye said:
The 208 T16 meanwhile... well, it'd say it's closer to a LMP2 or even LMP1 car than GT3.
I was just talking about how planted it looked, I wasn't actually comparing the car to a GT3 technically. GT3 was just the first thing that came to mind.

KickUp said:
The engine certainly isn't, the LMP was a diesel, but a lot of bits were; was a bit of a parts bin special.

I agree with those that think it looks like it's handling awfully, I would expect this one to be really stuck to the road, in much the way as cars were in the old tarmac physics.
Please bear in mind that Mike had no audio when he was playing on the live stream so he had no audio forewarning of the tyres giving up their grip. While this car has obviously got a lot of downforce and grip it also has a huge amount of power so over driving it will still cause it to lose traction. 
Watch the video of Loeb driving up Pikes. He isn't pinning the throttle and railing it around every corner he is actually being quite conservative and short shifting. 
I'm not claiming it's perfect but this car is the most planted in DiRT Rally. 
Coolio, thanks for the clarification. It's just how it looked in gameplay/in trailers is all. Definitely looking forward to it :)

cough cough, terrain deformation...    Like I mentioned once, before it turned into a debate.  @KickUp said its important, and its on the KINGS wish list.  Lets hope there is some form of this in a future title, it would really add to the challenge of running the same stage over and over.

mhm Would keep the game fresher in the long run and would be more fun in general.

I like pooping my pants and dirt rally only makes me fart now. 

gfRally said:
cough cough, terrain deformation...    Like I mentioned once, before it turned into a debate.  @KickUp said its important, and its on the KINGS wish list.  Lets hope there is some form of this in a future title, it would really add to the challenge of running the same stage over and over.

Cheers @KickUp and @Hatward for answering my question, and even bigger thank you for giving an answer I wanted to hear :tongue: :D

Something tells me the console DiRT Rally will do well and the ingredients for this stage deg tech (great team, magician programmers, money and time) will be available :)

I only had time to watch half of the show so far, but the duette of @KickUp and @Hatward is on the way to stardom :tongue: Great job guys and hopefully we'll see more of DiRT Show in April.

Brutal cars, it would definitely make RX interesting once more.
I suspect it would be a very hard addition for Codemasters to research, but it would be awesome if they could make it happen! 

tbtstt said:
I suspect it would be a very hard addition for Codemasters to research, but it would be awesome if they could make it happen! 
RWD rallycross would be awesome as well :)

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
RWD rallycross would be awesome as well :)
If I was planning a perfect retro rallycross add on then I'd add both divisions from late 80's/early 90's European Rallycross; so Division 1 touring cars (which would have to include 500+ BHP RS500's!) and Group B populated Division 2.

man i wanted the will gollop 6r4 in before.have mentioned it a few times. back to silly 700-800bhp :D

man what id give for a go in a 800 bhp metro :p

dgeesi0 said:
man i wanted the will gollop 6r4 in before.have mentioned it a few times. back to silly 700-800bhp :D

man what id give for a go in a 800 bhp metro :p
I have to say it would be interesting to compare the old and the new if CM were to include proper period Group B rallycross Supercars. Obviously they had lots of power, but I daresay the torque figures produced by unrestricted engines in the 80's and modern restricted supercar engines aren't that different, plus the modern cars are putting the power to the ground a lot more efficiently. 

yes you can see on youtube ford focus destroying rs200,metros but its more for the fun of driving. plus they already had those in dirt 1.goes to install dirt 1 sees starforce forgets idea :D

Nothing gossip related in here, but it's gearing up excitement for the release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjQoUQ6Qvyw

tbtstt said:
I can't wait! (though I still haven't bought a PS4 yet!)

I caved and got an xbox just before Christmas 2014. Luckily April 5th is in my easter holidays, just as I get back from skiing. Although, knowing my luck I'll break my wrist whilst I'm out there!

dgeesi0 said:
yes you can see on youtube ford focus destroying rs200,metros but its more for the fun of driving. plus they already had those in dirt 1.goes to install dirt 1 sees starforce forgets idea :D
Install it, remove Starforce with removal tool here: http://www.onlinesecurity-on.com/protect.phtml?c=55 then install patch 1.2.2 which removes Starforce, and play!

lol at this cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNDSZKTKgco&feature=share

also need to fix the wales moorland cuts which can shave 5-8 secs off times.

I'd like everyone that knows of any shortcuts to record their findings and link it to a dev, or post it here and I'll link it to a dev (I'm lucky enough to have 4 of them on my Steam friendslist by now, they do read these forums but of course some posts can be looked over - they're only humans after all). I don't think Codemasters can find all the cut exploits on their own, so I think a nice team effort will eliminate many, if not all of the cuts eventually.

Thanks to dgeesio's link they're now aware of another silly shortcut to sort out.

I'd like everyone that knows of any shortcuts to record their findings and link it to a dev, or post it here and I'll link it to a dev (I'm lucky enough to have 4 of them on my Steam friendslist by now, they do read these forums but of course some posts can be looked over - they're only humans after all). I don't think Codemasters can find all the cut exploits on their own, so I think a nice team effort will eliminate many, if not all of the cuts eventually.

Thanks to dgeesio's link they're now aware of another silly shortcut to sort out.
If you can make a new thread dedicated to the cuts, and keep it tidy! will probably make it easier for the devs to get through it and will keep this thread on topic-ish :p

Evilsmurf said:

If you can make a new thread dedicated to the cuts, and keep it tidy! will probably make it easier for the devs to get through it and will keep this thread on topic-ish :p
Good idea, I'll do just that.

tbtstt said:
I can't wait! (though I still haven't bought a PS4 yet!)

I caved and got an xbox just before Christmas 2014. Luckily April 5th is in my easter holidays, just as I get back from skiing. Although, knowing my luck I'll break my wrist whilst I'm out there!
I'm not in a rush to get one yet (especially as I don't want any more distractions from DIY jobs!). I shall make sure I have one ordered by the end of March so I'm ready to go on the 5th!

Can't go wrong with either XBONE or PS4 even though PS4 seems to have more oomph at the moment. I have both and haven't had any regrets on any of the purchases. 

Can't wait for Dirt Rally on PS4 to race with those friends, problem is I have friends I would want to play against on XBONE aswell, but that'd require an additional Wheel purchase. :P

Evilsmurf said:

Good idea, I'll do just that.
Actually, thread was deleted (I agreed to it) because Codies made a good point that I completely overlooked... certain sad little individuals will actually take advantage of the shortcuts shown, so it's better to just link them in a PM to a dev.

Sorry for being a little OT again guys, just thought people would like to know why the thread vanished!

dgeesi0 said:
lol at this cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNDSZKTKgco&feature=share

also need to fix the wales moorland cuts which can shave 5-8 secs off times.

Still not competitive enough with Meeke's XXL cut in Australia :)

Does someone know how we can contact the Rally Sweden organizers? There seems to be a bit of a snow shortage over there. Come to DiRT Rally, we have snow!

(Sorry, it's off-topic, but couldn't resist)