DiRTy Gossip

So, back to a little speculation again;

We've mentioned and pictured this already in here, but after all the media release in the past week, i still haven't seen, or seen mention anything re the new liveries for the 6R4, S4 and i think something else.  They're in the videos >1.0 and as the steam workshop 'icons'

One reason that I will never lower my wheel rotation than 540 degree...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQtorjE4eM

It's a dumb move, but really I felt if the airbag came on my face even by avoiding it. It's one of those moment you think maybe games can be helpful.

I've a favour to ask the members of the forum; while I'm waiting for the console release of Dirt Rally, I have been thinking about taking a leaf out of @Rallycameraman's book and following my dream to go rallycrossing. With that in mind... 

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/index.php?a=2&b=35736

...can someone lend me £250,000 please?

i just talked with porkhammer. he says he will give you the funds. i will leave it to you to collect it off him :D

lol at price of that car. a guy on passion ford build one himself for £100,000.

dgeesi0 said:
i just talked with porkhammer. he says he will give you the funds. i will leave it to you to collect it off him :D

Brilliant! I'll send you my bank details @Porkhammer , let me know when the funds are on the way. :smiley: 

You talking about the grey Mk.6 Fiesta build @dgeesi0 ? I seriously love that build, but the spec of Block's car is far superior. The drivetrain alone is probably worth £100K!

Plus the costs of repair the car when allowing Ken Block to be your teammate. He could only suffice by staring at you and say: " thats the best driving i have ever seen in my life". RIP

dgeesi0 said:
minus the £100,000 for ken block driving it :D
Haha! Block is actually the second owner of the chassis; it originally started life as Hirvonen's WRCar Fiesta... but he crashed it! So as a car with two previous owners, and with a pretty hard life so far, I'm sure they need to discount that price a bit...

one thing is sure:

this game needs dlc packs in the next future!!!!  rally locations       and rx  tracks

it would be so sad to let this game to how it's now.   too empty for such a beautiful game!

Even if they're looking at doing Dirt Rally 2 down the line I still think they're going to do one or two DLCs with locations and maybe a car or two for DR1. Wouldn't expect one before fall or winter though.

Dytut said:
Even if they're looking at doing Dirt Rally 2 down the line I still think they're going to do one or two DLCs with locations and maybe a car or two for DR1. Wouldn't expect one before fall or winter though.
If it happens, it would have to be before then. Anything after August for the first DLC release would probably not be considered economically viable by management.
A long lead time into DLC like that requires both a stable long-term audience who will still be playing and willing to spend more, and/or be a very substantial amount of content that are more like expansion packs.
While DR likely will have a certain long-term audience, I don't think it'd be substantial enough to make DLC released that far after release a worthwhile investment.

dgeesi0 said:

I seriously doubt someone built the exact same spec car as Block's for £100,000. 

Little known fact that the HFHV cost very nearly 7 figures to build and develop. 

Just do what TG did!                                                     
Toni Gardemeister? :wink: 
OK, I need to get a 

"
What would Toni* do?

*Gardemeister
"

t-shirt made up...

dgeesi0 said:

I seriously doubt someone built the exact same spec car as Block's for £100,000. 

Little known fact that the HFHV cost very nearly 7 figures to build and develop. 
If @dgeesi0 is talking about the car I think then it's a AWD Mk.6 Fiesta @Rallycameraman. The chap has done most of the build himself, the car is finished to a very high standard and has already proven to be very capable on track...

...but it is no way comparable to Block's HFHV or RX43 in terms of spec. The gearbox alone in the HFHV probably wasn't far off £100K. Then add in the rest of the drivetrain, suspension, engine (from one of the most expensive builders out there) plus development... a total nearing seven figures doesn't surprise me at all. 

it probably wont be but wont be far off. the guy who build that isnt the usual garage mechanic. hes a professional and if you see the build you will understand.

250,000 for kens car still is alot. you could get better cars for the budget and cars that would appreciate more in value.

at end of day its all preference. id have for my money a subaru someone else would have a audi someone else would have kens car.nothing wrong with that.

dgeesi0 said:
it probably wont be but wont be far off. the guy who build that isnt the usual garage mechanic. hes a professional and if you see the build you will understand.

250,000 for kens car still is alot. you could get better cars for the budget and cars that would appreciate more in value.

at end of day its all preference. id have for my money a subaru someone else would have a audi someone else would have kens car.nothing wrong with that.
I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on that one @dgeesi0. Don't get me wrong, I've been following the Fiesta build for almost four years now (check page 61!), I know how much thought has gone into the car and I absolutely love what he has done... but just read the specs for the HFHV. The components that are listed are top end; as already said the transmission and engine are basically the best that money can buy plus the car itself has been refined by a professional motorsport team after countless test sessions and competitive outings.

I do agree that £250,000 is a lot though, especially as I think the car will require some significant changes to run in any European Championships. Having said that, it's a bit of motoring history in that it's the Gymkhana 5 car. 

tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on that one @dgeesi0. Don't get me wrong, I've been following the Fiesta build for almost four years now (check page 61!), I know how much thought has gone into the car and I absolutely love what he has done... but just read the specs for the HFHV. The components that are listed are top end; as already said the transmission and engine are basically the best that money can buy plus the car itself has been refined by a professional motorsport team after countless test sessions and competitive outings.

I do agree that £250,000 is a lot though, especially as I think the car will require some significant changes to run in any European Championships. Having said that, it's a bit of motoring history in that it's the Gymkhana 5 car. 
who said it was coming to Europe anyhow??? :P  Seriously, I hope someone over hear buys it and runs it in America, Higgins could use some competition, and its almost making it boring like Loeb winning all the time.

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:

who said it was coming to Europe anyhow??? :P  Seriously, I hope someone over hear buys it and runs it in America, Higgins could use some competition, and its almost making it boring like Loeb winning all the time.
Haha! Sorry @gfRally, my comment wasn't intended as a critique at your homeland!  ;) I shall re-word my previous comment; I agree that £250,000 is a lot of money when it's a car that is suitable for a relatively limited market in its current configuration, 

I noticed something when i looked at this retweet from Paul --> https://twitter.com/RedBullGames/status/698491827469557760
I cant find the location were the rallycross minis are at, does anyone else see were that is or is it maybe a new rallycross map?
(one of the images under the link in that tweet)

Lydden Hill.
There are definitely no new tracks or stages of any kind (except all gravel Pikes Peak).
It's been stated that all the new content has been revealed.