DiRTy Gossip

Yeah, that picture is really old and in retrospect, I'd say it's meant to represent "DiRT for the fans" which is what DiRT Rally is.

Hatward said:
@Hatward I am glad to give you this. I hope you also will do something against people who exploited this bug. Because I am kinda frustrated cause it's similar to performance increasing narcotics; it makes you better than you really are. 

While I'm very happy to police the Steam and Online Event leaderboards, I wouldn't be comfortable enforcing punishments in Leagues. I'd rather leave that up to the owner of each individual League.
Hopefully the need for policing & enforcement can be done away with along with the actual ongoing methods of exploit.  Prevention is the best cure!  :)

http://www.redbull.tv/episodes/AP-1KT1SDBDW2111/sweden
@ 5.35

What game are they playing and why is it not Dirt Rally?

Could DiRT 4 be coming?

Picture from Paul's Instagram

No this was an old tease from the team a few years ago. They were working on early versions of dirt rally at this point

Could DiRT 4 be coming?

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/700387859706982400

learn to read, bro ....

arby100 said:
Could DiRT 4 be coming?

Did we just teleport back a year? :)
Two years: that image is in the first post in this thread! 

"DiRT 4 love fans"
"DiRT love for fans"

In either case, the fact that another DiRT game is coming should be more than obvious to most of us here. This could point that it's not going to be called "DiRT Rally 2" but "DiRT 4". Other than that...is that a car or a wall?
That WAS the tease for Dirt Rally!

Hatward said:
@Hatward I am glad to give you this. I hope you also will do something against people who exploited this bug. Because I am kinda frustrated cause it's similar to performance increasing narcotics; it makes you better than you really are. 

While I'm very happy to police the Steam and Online Event leaderboards, I wouldn't be comfortable enforcing punishments in Leagues. I'd rather leave that up to the owner of each indiviudal League.
Well if we look at it properly, you're not enforcing a punishment in the Leagues, but you are enforcing a punishment for abusing an error in the Race.net system, specifically the League section in DiRT Rally. Basically it's like banning someone for abusing the alt+f4 bug in dailies. Also... once a cheater, always a cheater, so the sooner you ban him the less problems in the future for everyone else.

League owners can still rule out their own punishments for this abuse, unless yours will be permanent ban (which it should IMO, kill all cheaters with fire) in which case it's just gonna be a removal from the league if it doesn't happen automatically.
I mean if they abuse bugs like those in Leagues, nothing will stop them from cheating anywhere else.

Hatward said:

While I'm very happy to police the Steam and Online Event leaderboards, I wouldn't be comfortable enforcing punishments in Leagues. I'd rather leave that up to the owner of each indiviudal League.
Well if we look at it properly, you're not enforcing a punishment in the Leagues, but you are enforcing a punishment for abusing an error in the Race.net system, specifically the League section in DiRT Rally. Basically it's like banning someone for abusing the alt+f4 bug in dailies. Also... once a cheater, always a cheater, so the sooner you ban him the less problems in the future for everyone else.

League owners can still rule out their own punishments for this abuse, unless yours will be permanent ban (which it should IMO, kill all cheaters with fire) in which case it's just gonna be a removal from the league if it doesn't happen automatically.
I mean if they abuse bugs like those in Leagues, nothing will stop them from cheating anywhere else.
I run a league, and I put quite a lot of time into compiling all the results, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that anyone who abuses a bug should be banned forever. I too discovered a few months ago that things go weird when you register in over 6 leagues and I thought I'd accidentally had a leage run wiped. I didn't realise the implications of it at all, I just unregistered from leagues I didn't really care about to keep it at a maximum of 6. While I want the leagues I'm competing in to be fair and representative of everyone's skill, I think above all it should be fun; that means that when we find an error/loophole, we expect the devs to fix it (and it seems they've immediately noted this bug down), but  we shouldn't start an instant witch-hunt. I'm sure there are places on the tracks when you can do some relatively small short cuts to save a second or two, that is also cheating, but I'm not too worried if people do that, I have bigger concerns like trying to keep my tyres inflated.

arby100 said:
Hatward said:

I run a league, and I put quite a lot of time into compiling all the results, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that anyone who abuses a bug should be banned forever. I too discovered a few months ago that things go weird when you register in over 6 leagues and I thought I'd accidentally had a leage run wiped. I didn't realise the implications of it at all, I just unregistered from leagues I didn't really care about to keep it at a maximum of 6. While I want the leagues I'm competing in to be fair and representative of everyone's skill, I think above all it should be fun; that means that when we find an error/loophole, we expect the devs to fix it (and it seems they've immediately noted this bug down), but  we shouldn't start an instant witch-hunt. I'm sure there are places on the tracks when you can do some relatively small short cuts to save a second or two, that is also cheating, but I'm not too worried if people do that, I have bigger concerns like trying to keep my tyres inflated.
This ^

The bug is almost fixed, we're part way through testing the new code. :)

What, you've had 2 days and you're only now just getting round to testing the solution?? :disappointed: 

Nice work, thank you!!

arby100 said:
What, you've had 2 days and you're only now just getting round to testing the solution?? :disappointed: 

Nice work, thank you!!

Are we too slow or...?

urgaffel said:
arby100 said:

Nice work, thank you!!

Are we too slow or...?
People will never be appeased.

urgaffel said:
arby100 said:

Nice work, thank you!!

Are we too slow or...?

I race in his league, he's joking :)

Sorry, yes, 100% joking (besides when i said "Nice work", however I guess that could have been more sarcasm, so I understand the confusion). I know that there aren't a team of people trawling forums just to instantly jump on any bug report so I was genuinely impressed that a fix was being tested already. Thank you again!

Man I saw 20 posts since I checked a couple hours ago, I got excited there was some good gossip, oh well...   

Interesting... Maybe some more liveries? Don't see it being more new cars, but I could easily be very wrong! Sounds like we won't have too long to find out now!

They mentioned licencing, so liveries would be my best guess as well. Maybe a proper Red Bull livery for the C4?

more RX tracks? we had mention of RX in the roadbook! and we know @KickUp took some reference shots last year in Spain I think? 

Evilsmurf said:
more RX tracks? we had mention of RX in the roadbook! and we know @KickUp took some reference shots last year in Spain I think? 
The full list of new content has already been given to the press and they have revealed everything. Sorry to disappoint.