DiRTy Gossip

arby100 said:
I run a league, and I put quite a lot of time into compiling all the results, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that anyone who abuses a bug should be banned forever. I too discovered a few months ago that things go weird when you register in over 6 leagues and I thought I'd accidentally had a leage run wiped. I didn't realise the implications of it at all, I just unregistered from leagues I didn't really care about to keep it at a maximum of 6. While I want the leagues I'm competing in to be fair and representative of everyone's skill, I think above all it should be fun; that means that when we find an error/loophole, we expect the devs to fix it (and it seems they've immediately noted this bug down), but  we shouldn't start an instant witch-hunt. I'm sure there are places on the tracks when you can do some relatively small short cuts to save a second or two, that is also cheating, but I'm not too worried if people do that, I have bigger concerns like trying to keep my tyres inflated.
Abusing a bug means you're KNOWINGLY using a bug to your own advantage. Thus the word "abuse". Not that you by accident get a bug thanks to which you can reset the progress or something along the lines. That is just encountering the bug. If you start knowingly using it to your advantage, that's when it changes into abuse. In case of this reset thing, each Event and Stage in the Season has shown options if it can be restarted. Doesn't take a huge brain to add 2+2.
So in your case, no one should ban you. However you should have informed (aka a bug report) about this issue. If something can happen once, it can happen a second time.

In other words, I'm not talking about witch-hunting, I'm simply talking about people who deliberately ruin the fun for others. Maybe you can have fun while racing against people who cheat, but I know I don't. So yes, above all it should be fun and that's why bug ABUSERS need to be banned.

As to shortcuts, it's an unwritten and unspoken rule to follow the road and not cut through the field (there's nothing in the ToS that you have to follow the road). So unless Devs put things that prevent from cutting the corners, it's allowed, even though I personally find it to be a rather shameful behaviour. I wouldn't ban those people as they haven't broken ToS, unlike the bug abusers. In other words a rule down for the League owners to administer.

Dique said:
Could DiRT 4 be coming?

Picture from Paul's Instagram

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/700387859706982400

learn to read, bro ....
Look idiot it says  INSTAGRAM not TWITTER!!!!!!

Instatwitterbookspace                                         

I highly suspect that a gossip tells me that a bonus video of Dr. Phil will be included investigating the rallying phenomenon that hit earthly people and made them fanatics, the question is will this ideology be any stronger than the fallen ideologies? And will Lee send to each of us a cupcake and a copy of CMR2.0 to each biscuits eater?

Soooo....
My wife got her hair done this morning as she normally does, by a girl, who's dad is fairly well known in motorsports & owns a competition car.  
Now, supposedly she reckons it's had the Codies guys all over it in the very Recent past...  & it's sort of like not currently in DiRT Rally?  ;)

KevM said:
Soooo....
My wife got her hair done this morning as she normally does, by a girl, who's dad is fairly well known in motorsports & owns a competition car.  
Now, supposedly she reckons it's had the Codies guys all over it in the very Recent past...  & it's sort of like not currently in DiRT Rally?  ;)
Oooooooo, exciting  :p

KevM said:
Soooo....
I sense a surprise in the force.

You're not talking about that Mitsubishi R5 that's been mentioned before, are you?

KickUp said:
What is the meaning of this Mr Coleman? I thought you said, just a few posts above, that all additional content (read cars and tracks) had already been announced. What are you hiding sir? Not cool. lol

KickUp said:
KevM said:
Soooo....
You're on the ball, I'll give you that!! :D

KickUp said:
What is the meaning of this Mr Coleman? I thought you said, just a few posts above, that all additional content (read cars and tracks) had already been announced. What are you hiding sir? Not cool. lol
Doesn't mean it has to be related to DiRT Rally at this point, or at least doesn't mean it has anything to do with the April update.
That's what's all been revealed. What is coming in April.
The future beyond that is a little more hazy. Of course, having a look doesn't mean anything will come of it in the end anyway. If a licensing deal falls through, then all that data and work gets tucked away on an internal server in the hope it might be useful again in the future, which is what will have happened to any source files related to Toyota.

Having heard what a did (Chinese whisper as it was) I have a couple of theories on what it could mean.  But having info from here to consider also, I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4

KevM said:
Having heard what a did (Chinese whisper as it was) I have a couple of theories on what it could mean.  But having info from here to consider also, I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4

I practised math with my daughter today and man, you're right!

Still don't get what that means for the game...

@MastaVonBlasta is the one of the better code brakers here, my mojo seems to have ran out

I am puzzled to be honest.  If the girl speaks the truth, I am both puzzled(really freakin puzzled) and hopeful that either of my two theories could come about!!

Well, she said the were doing audio recordings, but I know they have them already, which is confusing me.  But, if it's right, it's kinda a new(ish) car, more importantly, in a new class, but does the new class mean a new game?  
Hence the 2+2='4' :)

You want to hear the truth: it is the Audi Quattro S1 E2 and the Subie 22b STi WRX WRC DiRTy Gossiping edition. It is a good news, cheer up! :)

Darhour said:
You want to hear the truth: it is the Audi Quattro S1 E2 and the Subie 22b STi WRX WRC DiRTy Gossiping edition. It is a good news, cheer up! :)
No it isn't good news at all. I wanted the Audi Quattro S1 S4 E2 Group B WRC!