DiRTy Gossip

You are most definetly right. I'm just so tired of motorsports being dominated by people named Sebastien. Thank god for the unpredictability of rallycross

I swear if this is turning into peugeot-hansen dominating the whole championship i'm switching to Global Rallycross
No need to punish yourself that harshly @KingOfCoins.  ;)

Azoresst said:
Not DR gossip, but Loeb just confirmed that he is gonna race at FIA WRX with Hansen team!
Incredible bit of news. The Loeb rumour has been floating round for a while, I was concerned that, if he did get a drive with Peugeot, Davy Jeanney would be left without a seat again. The plan gives, Jeanney, Loeb and two Hansen's seats! 

Have to say I'm expecting one of the Peugeot-Hansen teams to take the title again, but the battle for the drivers title could go anywhere at the moment: and the driver annoucements haven't finished yet...

The series is broadcast live on WRX site, correct?  Also, if it is live, is there a recording for viewing later?  With the huge time difference over here, they tend to fall at odd hours.  Hoping to watch every race this year, if only FIA would make some sort of deal with a US network to broadcast.

This is gossip, but I thought it was worthy of its own thread:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/40058/huge-season-2016-for-fia-wrx#latest

tbtstt said:
I swear if this is turning into peugeot-hansen dominating the whole championship i'm switching to Global Rallycross

Azoresst said:
Not DR gossip, but Loeb just confirmed that he is gonna race at FIA WRX with Hansen team!
Incredible bit of news. The Loeb rumour has been floating round for a while, I was concerned that, if he did get a drive with Peugeot, Davy Jeanney would be left without a seat again. The plan gives, Jeanney, Loeb and two Hansen's seats! 

Have to say I'm expecting one of the Peugeot-Hansen teams to take the title again, but the battle for the drivers title could go anywhere at the moment: and the driver annoucements haven't finished yet...
Has Petter confirmed what he is doing yet?

tbtstt said:

Azoresst said:

Has Petter confirmed what he is doing yet?
He will be defending his title using his DS3. No word on whether he will be part of a two car team yet. 

Also waiting for announcements from EKS, OMSE, Munnich Motorsport and JRM as well. 
Areyouben said:
Why not watch both?
I'll be keeping up with the GRC, but the direction the Championship has taken over the last couple of years isn't to my liking.

I'll still watch GRC only for Subarus (dismal) involvement.  

It will be interesting what Higgins will show up with at 100 acre woods, this year.  Subarus stage rally sometimes hints at thier RX program.  

I wish Subaru had a program developed enough to compete in WRX, but that's a very steep mountain to overcome with thier current performances.  

I have hopes on Ford Performance RX Team with Bakkerud and ... Block
Block is going to be one to watch. If he can keep it on the track he has the potential to be a challenger for the drivers title.

tbtstt said:
Block is going to be one to watch. If he can keep it on the track he has the potential to be a challenger for the drivers title.

And if not, we get some cool looking crashes. It's a win - win

tbtstt said:

And if not, we get some cool looking crashes. It's a win - win
Haha! After his previous European appearances Block has a prime opportunity to silence his critics, I hope he doesn't disappoint! 

One thing is for sure, Petter is going to have to fight very hard to make it three titles in a row. 

I guess WRC is dead by now because we have rally legends competing in full throttle in RX. You have Loeb in Peugeot Team and Solberg in Citroen Team. We have Ogier too in VW team who is upholding the WRC title every year which is rather boring and hindering the other players from tasting the cake. I guess there are rally events more exciting and worth watching than WRC for example Rally America because there are Subarus and something called "diversity".

WRC will hopefully liven up in 2017. The new car specs with more power might help more ballsy drivers to challenge Ogiers clean driving.  

gfRally said:
@Darhour diversity? How so? 

Im to short for my body 
Diversity was mainly implied in the whole paragraph I typed.

I wouldn't say WRC isn't exciting. On face value seeing the same person win everything for 3 years looks boring, but elsewhere other than the top spot there has been lots of excitement and drama

Dytut said:
WRC will hopefully liven up in 2017. The new car specs with more power might help more ballsy drivers to challenge Ogiers clean driving.  
Honestly I don't think so. VW started developing their car in the moment when new rules were told (probably even earlier). Citroen ie. starts now. Hyundai just ended a new car and needs to start again. Toyota will have a lot of problems first year.
I don't see any real opponent for VW in 2017...at earliest in 2018/2019 but who knows what will be then.

Darhour said:
I guess WRC is dead by now because we have rally legends competing in full throttle in RX. You have Loeb in Peugeot Team and Solberg in Citroen Team..
Only a minor point, but Solberg is not part of any Citroen team.: he is still technically a privateer.

Darhour said:
I guess there are rally events more exciting and worth watching than WRC for example Rally America because there are Subarus and something called "diversity".
As much as I enjoy following Rally America, it's really not the first rally series that springs to mind when I think about "diversity". It's effectively dominated by one manufacturer - far more so than the WRC - and the list of overall event winners over the last couple of years is very short. 

For me the WRC has been on the rise again the last couple of years. I'll be honest and say I'm not that excited about it this year as, knowing what is coming next year, the 2016 season is really a stop gap between regulations. With the rule changes in 2017 though, a dedicated push from Citroen and the return of Toyota I am seriously anticipating the next WRC season: more than I have been for a long time.

tbtstt said:
For me the WRC has been on the rise again the last couple of years. I'll be honest and say I'm not that excited about it this year as, knowing what is coming next year, the 2016 season is really a stop gap between regulations. With the rule changes in 2017 though, a dedicated push from Citroen and the return of Toyota I am seriously anticipating the next WRC season: more than I have been for a long time.
That sounds optimistic! ;)

versedi said:
tbtstt said:
That sounds optimistic! ;)
Ha! I agree with you with regards to the arrival of Toyota: I'm not expecting much out of them next year, especially based on the way they are running the rally program so far. 

I wouldn't underestimate Citroen . I personally don't think they have been "fully committed" during any of the VW years, so next year could prove very interesting: beating VW isn't going to be easy though!

WRC2 is really fun, lot of talent and lots of candidates for the win.
I love WRC and I think that it couldnt be compared with Rally America. Even if WRC is boring because of Ogier